Until the Dc penalty is back I am refusing to play your game

Options

Comments

• ringwinning
    ringwinning Member Posts: 552
    Options

I'm for the DC penalty, but I don't understand why people are so gung-ho about it that they believe it's fine to get the penalty for something like the "session expired" errors (is that even an error?) when the person is clearly playing but it just forcefully DCs you. How would you go about circumventing that kind of frustration for a player that is/was genuinely playing and had no intention of disconnecting no matter how the game was going?

• Konnor24
    Konnor24 Member Posts: 184
    Options

I play Killer and Surv equally. And i agree with the person above me that this is quite honestly the dumbest comment ive seen on this forum in a long time

It annoys me more as a survivor. As a killer if they dc early, its an easier game for me so i have no issue. If they dc when They've been hooked twice, its more BP for me than i would have gotten and unless the gens about to be popped, i always kill the remaining or they dc aswell resulting in bliss for me.

As a survivor, if they dc early in the game, its basically game over. Pre event i hadnt had a farming game as a survivor since Christmas. I even said to a friend when it first happened this anniversary event that its been so bloody long since ive seen a killer chill and farm. So by dc'ing early, the game is done, and because i can loop, no its not over quickly. Ill test myself and see if i can survive. I do once in 25 times maybe. But usually i die along with the 3 others.

TLDR. Everything you have said is total nonsense.

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562
    edited July 2021
    Options

You can't make a flawless program, since no program will know if it's a program crash, or someone force-closing the program.

But, if a game is stable enough, program crashes are rare (hence why the DC penalty is off at the moment), so it's more likely to catch people wussing out instead of people crashing.

This is said in a general sense of all games with a DC penalty, not DBD alone.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

Nobody thinks its fine you get a penalty for outside errors. It can happen to them too so why would they be fine with it?

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    edited July 2021
    Options

im usually living when i have to face a time waster spirit or nurse, a lot of unfun, time wasted for everyone id rather log in 5 seconds to the next game where i most likely will have fun, enough i have when im playing solo and i get these sweatlords like they were earning money or something. also both of them are extremely dumb and unfun to go against, so there is that.

• eleventbh
    eleventbh Member Posts: 374
    Options

I've depipped from rank 3 to rank 5 because over 2/3 of my games my teammates DC. On killer I have ~2 min games sometimes because everyone gives up first down (I play blight with meme perks).

• ReviloDBD
    ReviloDBD Member Posts: 582
    Options

Honestly I can see a lot of people having different opinions on the DC stuff - but I do completely agree that DC's ruin matches, so there should be some kind of penalty for it..

Recently I have noticed and incredible amount of DC's both in my Survivor and Killer matches, and as Survivor I get really annoyed because often times it is a match that I am SURE we could win, but we lose just because now we are left with only 3 players, or 2 if one of the others also gives up due to this... It's been pretty horrible experience in solo and duo qeue for me because of it..

Similarly on Killer, I don't actually mind as much, but it does Ruin the game... typically if a Survivor DC when I'm playing Killer that means the rest of the team has absolutely no chance of escaping unless they get hatch. I actually don't enjoy that, I would rather play competitive matches where I Think they may escape if I don't try my best, that's what makes it fun for me, I'm not really into playing "easy" matches as it is much less exciting.

So yeah they definitely should do something about the current DC situation, whether that means improve the rewards for both Survivor or Killer when there is a DC in the game, or Punish the DC more, or perhaps (possibly toggled on or off as an option) allow players to join matches where a player had DC'd from to take their spot (with the same amount of hook states left over) or something... either way something should be done cause it is definitely getting a bit out of hand..

I think, oddly enough, especially in this last week during the event it has gotten worse.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,021
    Options

dcing just leaves a sour taste in the mouth for everyone involved and if people are streaming it also decreases the chance for new players to buy the game. All in all its just bad for bhvrs business and it will hurt their profit in the long run if they dont get it fixed asap. Hopefully decreased profit will get them to fix it faster and turn back on dc penalties

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,619
    Options

This game is meant to be played with 4 survivors and 1 killer. It's why I don't press ready in F13th until we have 8 people in lobby, because that game is based around a full lobby as well. Any less players than the max amount, and the match just becomes so screwed. You don't have fun because you could have easily won the match had that 1 guy not been selfish and DC'd. Now you're in an uphill battle which you'll probably lose anyway because the game is meant to be a 4v1, not 3v1. How do y'all not get this?

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

I'm getting tired of getting screwed over because one of my teammates couldn't handle getting destroyed within the first 10 seconds of the game.

• GuyFawx
    Options

Its happening a lot more because of Lethal persuer now

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

Okay. It's temporary and we all know it. Not sure why you felt this was necessary.

• Momentosis
    Momentosis Member Posts: 824
    Options

There are many "temporary" things in dbd that have been here for year+.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,003
    Options

DC is the only tool a lone sole has to oppose injustice in this game.

• Junylar
    Options

How can you fight being unhooked at the killer's face without BT? How can you fight getting hit from 3 meters away by VPN killers? Some things just can't be fought by any other means save for DC, the ultimate weapon of the wronged.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974
    Options

Many people think it is selfish to camp and tunnel before even one gen is done. If the killer can be selfish and uncaring about the experience others are having why can't survivors? Get over your double standard.

• Junylar
    Options

Good luck getting outplayed by the better players with 3000ms ping who can hit you from a mile away then.

• HipnoE
    HipnoE Member Posts: 68
    Options

I like being able to avoid RPD and Haddonfield without the ban, I understand why its needed but its nice to not have to worry about. Also when a survivor leaves at the start of a match were not forced to play an unwinnable game anymore. How it should work is if they notice tons of DC's on certain maps they should rework and make better maps. too bad the devs suck and also hate us

• HipnoE
    HipnoE Member Posts: 68
    Options

the counterplay for those perks is the fact that theyre hexes

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

That is not what you should take away from it, it's about a match being screwed out of what little balance there already is making it of.little.value.

Imagine a soccer match where one team has 11 players and the other only 8, it would not even take place

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Funny that the same statement could be said to people disconnecting.

I would love if developer overall would implement some kind of feature that flags leaver just like the vac ban flag from steam and everybody could see that. (Of course after they somehow manage to separate ragequits from crashes)

Since you said that this is only a video game, this could lead to situations like friends no longer wanting to play with people since they know that they tend to ragequit. Neither in video games nor in real life does anyone want to play with a person prone to ragequitting and tempertantrums.

And this public flagging in lobbies would represent the bad reputation those people have earned themselves in their circle of friends (here visible since everybody is a random stranger) and then they can be shunned just like they would be in real life.

• socalfusions
    socalfusions Member Posts: 123
    Options

At the end of the day DBD is a game where toxic play is allowed and frequently practiced with notable examples being face camping, proxy camping, hard tunneling, last second key/item switch, tea bagging, etc. and my hot take is that no penalty DC is the closest thing BHVR can provide as an answer to these things. Tell me, how are they going to combat a face camping Bubba? It's literally uncounterable and should you be the poor soul that it unfortunate enough to go on the hook first then your gaming experience is simply not playing the game then dying. What's the solution? It's not Borrowed Time because he's got an add on that can swing more times than you can run with a speed boost after a hit. The solution is a no penalty DC. You're unable to play the match at all so instead of having to waste your precious time sitting on a hook you can DC and on to the next game, sure you can wait the hook timer out and buy your team some time to do gens but in all likely hood they will probably try to get you off hook and go down one by one in a rotating fashion. I never play out a match if I get face camped by a Bubba but I'll waste as much time as possible.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    Options

LOOOOOOOL This guy talkin like he lives in the Snow Crash universe

• GuyFawx
    Options

Ya i still dont understand injustice ratings in a videogame

• burt0r
    Options

Yes and this glorious solution of no DC penalty only brings that not only in those hardcore situations but every small situation someone thinks that they are treated unfairly will dip out and at some point there will really be no trial without 1-4 DC.

Only when we really brake something, we willnotice how good we had it.

• burt0r
    Options

The mentality for Teamplay should be the same and decent. But egocentrism is the name of the game here.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,733
    Options

I think you misunderstand me. All of those things I listed have counters; you'll just find people who yell about how they're OP and uncounterable and will use them as excuses to DC.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,733
    Options

Your 'weapon of the wronged' is, in my experience, primarily used to ragequit like a squalling child because survivors got found and downed first, or because the killer didn't fall for their dumbtech, or because they brought four flashlights and ran at the first down with their pants on their heads and found the killer had Lightborn.

Where's my weapon when I get pissbaby teammates that bail as soon as they get hit and waste my precious cakes, or when I'm just trying to have a fun game as killer and the survivors think they're the next Noob3, BM like idiots, and disconnect when they predictably get smacked for it, leaving one confused solo on a gen on the other side of the map? Because I'm feeling plenty wronged by these so-called victims.

• EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 323
    Options

I could not agree more. DC on either side is you being an entitled butt munch. If its a legit reason, bug or emergency I can support it. However, if it's just. (Whiney voice for comedic effect) I don't like the killer, I don't like the map, oh they tbagged me, oh they camped me, oh they looped me or downed me first. I'm quitting!

Then you are an entitled butt munch. You win some games you lose some games. Just suck it up buttercup. That goes for both sides.

Remember, win and lose with dignity.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567
    Options

These are good sounding arguments to try to defend DC. But be honest, how many times is this the real reason for DC?

I have never actually seen a DC in the past month because of these two reasons. It was never a weird killer killer ping or unsafe unhooks.

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 598
    Options

Good lord how many people are gonna take that seriously? No I don’t actually get ill, I’m just expressing how ridiculous it is to take that position.

• BuddhaBing
    BuddhaBing Member Posts: 248
    Options

This is more like there being a soccer player who thinks having a goalie is bullshit and will quit the match whenever the other team's goalie makes a save. Then rather than finding a game with rules they're willing to play by, they keep showing up and quitting match after match.

• skyguys
    skyguys Member Posts: 67
    Options

It already annoys me so much that people dc in the games. But I pull my hair out when someone dc's early game with 4 or 5 cakes in the lobby

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

hmm that analogy also does not really work, maybe its more like a soccer match where a player on the opposing team constantly falls to the floor and claims to the hurt and whines to the referee which grinds the match to a halt, it is within the rules sure but not fun for anyone involved os they would rather not play at all, not that match anyway.

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594
    Options

If your time is so precious and valuable that you can't sit on a hook for 2 face camp bubba'd phases while the rest of your time do whatever they can to try undermine his strategy then you shouldn't be playing video games to begin with you're clearly far too important.

Imagine the sheer ego to shaft over your team in an already ######### up situation because 3mins is just too much to ask of you. Survivors who DC will always be 1000x worse than any face camping killer and anyone who tries to defend doing it is just a certified ######### and the more excuses you make to justify it the more of a ######### you look.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

I don't think the dc penalty is coming back anytime soon -.-

• Razorbeam
    Options

Console fix is going up next Tuesday I'm sure it will be back with the update.

• GuyFawx
    Options
  • Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

K. Thanks for letting us know?

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,205
    Options

Me too, but i don't make a post about it and just... take a break in silence, like many others too. It's more effective.

• Razorbeam
    Options

Just had a rank 3 slinger DC because he missed a few shots at 1 gen with 2 survivors left, shits wild yo

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614
    Options

Honestly, the biggest problem with all of this is just queue times. Solve that, and having a bad match won't be a big deal. My friends play Fortnite a lot too, and we have bad games all the time. The difference is that it didn't take forever to get into the match. Waiting to die out, hang on the hook, friends to finish the game... isn't that big of a deal. The problem is we anticipated a good game for a long time while waiting for the match and then didn't have fun.

I don't know a perfect solution but some ideas that could be worked:

1.) The ability to swap out ONE perk after the match has started to handle toxic play. Like maybe you trade 2 of your perks to get a single perk of borrowed time to help against a camper.

2.) Ability for the killer to just open the gates and force endgame collapse. If they're getting bullied, clearly have lost, etc, just let them end the game. The DCing as a survivor is kind of stupid since you can play stupid and just get hung up right away and die.

3.) Ability for a slugged player to suicide or bow out and have a bot take over the game.

4.) With bullet points 2 and 3, match players who do this stuff regularly with other players who do the same.

Just a few ideas, none are perfect, but might help the situation.