Until the Dc penalty is back I am refusing to play your game

Comments

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

They can bring the penalty back but people will just suicide on hook again and just go afk if someone saves them in time. The dc penalty does nothing if someone's decided they don't want to play the match anymore.

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

Suiciding on hook should be reportable.

AFKing IS reportable.

So if someone AFKs after being saved; they can be reported for it, at the very least.

And if they run up to me and don't try to get away after being unhooked; I'm reporting them AND slugging them.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Yes because reporting people for afking always works lol. I've gone against killers who afk to derank for years and nothing gets done about it and nothing ever will be done about it.

Besides even if it did then they would just run at the killer to leave the match, they'll always find a way around it no matter what.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

I think the DC penalty has returned.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Fix? BHVR doesn't "fix" anything when it comes to console. They put a band aid over it and say "give me money!".

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

Console fix in the patch Tuesday.

• Hot4Dwight
    Hot4Dwight Member Posts: 5

Dc pen is off again

• SkyDriver
    SkyDriver Member Posts: 23

The player base on this game isn't strong enough to support DC bans. If you look at the achievements, you can infer a lot of new people enter the game, but very few stick around for even a couple of months. For example, the Nerves of Steel achievement on Steam (total of 500 successful skill checks) shows only 27.4% have completed this. 500 skill checks is not a lot in this game. You can look at Handyman (total of 100 full repairs - that's cumulative not 100 discreet gens) and it's at 28.5%. Until they have a larger - consistent - long term - player base, they have to balance DC bans versus possibly permanently turning people away.

I do agree with a prior comment that long lobby times turn people off. I have friends who won't play because of this and the BM'ing and post-game chat toxicity (yes, yes we all know you can turn that off). IMO, until they address jerks and queue times, we'll continue to have DCs.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

Sky we had dc bans they are only off because of the crashes and this game is pretty big as far as a player base people are just abusing this window of opportunity until they are reactivated and it’s just annoying

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

People don't ruin the game by DCing. When someone has to DC, even taking that 2-pip and no-BP penalty, it means the game is already ruined by something. People don't DC from a good and interesting game. Ruined game makes people DC, not the other way around.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,154

Ah yes getting hit/downed first/subjectively too fast or the wrong map/killer really ruin the game in the first 30 seconds without seeing how either side plays.

I am a friendly farming killer and still i get DC in the first minute because someone couldn't take going down too fast or does not like the killer I am playing.

• Junylar

How do you counter Myers with endless T3? How do you counter Legion with wallhack and pallet auto-break? How do you counter Wraith with wallhack? When you are matched with those, the game is ruined from the start. DCing won't make it any more ruined.

• burt0r

I don't play any of those and still people DC in the first minute. So i don't see how any of those counter my argument that those people still ruin games for 4 others because of childish selfishness caused by the game not going their way in the first minute.

• GuyFawx

You are ruining the game for others as well as the bp gains the killer would get and other survivors either healing you or unhooking

• Power_Guy

And yet another person claiming people only DC if they have some vague reason to do so.

1. Being found first
    2. The Killer playing someone they don't like
    3. The map being a disliked map
    4. The Killer using perks they don't like
    5. Being hit first
    6. Being hooked first
    7. Too many gens popping before the Killer finds someone
    8. Being Dead Hard'd
    9. Being D.Strike'd
    10. Etc

Your post is yet more blame-dodging and is factually wrong.

• GuyFawx

It doesnt matter what the reason for dcing is it has to be punished so as to prevent players from taking advantage of it no matter what. There is never a good reason for a dc aside from elements outside your control. If you had the time to waste sitting in a queue before the match started than you most certainly have the time to sit on that hook hoping for a quick death or safe rescue.

• Junylar

Why do you keep copying and pasting this made up list of nonsense? There are not even "getting hit through a pallet", "getting hit through a window" and "getting hit from a mile away" on it, much more valid and actual reasons for DCing.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

Taking a break till issues are fixed is better then DCing. For the players and for the game.

• GuyFawx

Exactly taking a break will help push behavior to fix the issues faster as they see their player count dropping. Money always talks the loudest ive heard

• Power_Guy

There. 👏 Is. 👏 No. 👏 Valid. 👏 Reason. 👏 To.👏 DC. 👏

You claim my list is 'nonsense' but it makes up probably 95% of the REAL reasons people DC, not the BS they invent (Ie: your 'reasons') to pass the blame as they force-close the program.

"I'm not ragequitting! It's was getting hit/latency/bad Killer/any other stupid BS"

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119
    edited July 2021

I have seen people DC from getting a Hawkins map or the police station map at the drop of a hat.

On the killer side, haddonfield dcs happen as well.

Also have seen dcs as soon as a chainsaw starts or nurse teleport are heard.

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119

Using that logic it's fair to me to DC after starting a game with 4 toolboxes or medkits as well or a map offering.

You wasting the killers iridescents just by refusing to play the game.

• Junylar

Killers don't need to DC for this, they can just dodge the lobby, which they constantly do and nobody has problems with it for some reason. Let survivors see the killer before the game starts, like he can see the survivors, and 90% of DCs will be no more, since they will just turn into lobby dodging.

It's the same logic here, really:

• "I don't want to play against SWF/keys/flashlights/medkits/toolboxes/dwelfs/P3dettes so I leave and find another lobby" - completely fine and good.
    • "I don't want to play against vpn killer/spirit/nurse/doctor/iri addon myers/legion/wraith so I leave and find another lobby" - and everyone loses their minds about it, demanding punishments.

If you punish survivors for DCing, at least be just and consistent enough to punish killers for dodging the lobby as well then.

• GuyFawx

Survivors should see killer shadow only imo tho I get what your saying

• ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454

I've thought about this but many have said that if this happened then some killers would have a hard time finding games because most survivors don't want to go against certain characters.

I'd keep it as it is now, but I'd either remove the ability for killers to see the objects survivors are carrying OR let teammates see what perks the rest of the survivors have.

• GuyFawx
    edited July 2021

Hmm ya why cant survivors see each others perks it make group play so much better

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052

I never DC regardless of how bad the match is going.

But I'm just saying, maybe being able to block players might ease that a bit. If someone wants to block every stridor spirit, they'll end up very lonely, but that's their prerogative. I'd just like to block the most unfair of the unfair that have tempted me into DCing in the past.

• Crispus
    Crispus Member Posts: 9

I get why everyone plays powerful killers. Just had a game myself on billy against red ranks and they were so bored of me that when they finished the gens they came to me to have fun. Was chasing a guy forever <.<. . They were literally making fun of me, so they stayed around 5-10 min just to fool around.

• MrBuffalo
    MrBuffalo Member Posts: 312

You make it sound like those other 4 players actually care about your gaming experience? Cause news flash they don't.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Dodging a lobby doesn't cancel the trial after it's started, you just get a new killer in the lobby. DCing is not the same as dodging. If you wanted to be "just", you'd talk about killers DCing, but then you already know nobody likes that.

• Junylar

I've already replied to what you just said in the post you are quoting. Once again: survivors just don't have the luxury of seeing who the killer is before the trial starts, so they can't dodge the lobby like killers constantly do. Let the survivors see the killer before the trial, and the frequency of DCing among survivors will drop next to nothing. And if they fix the hit validations and remove the ridiculous hits by vpn killers, and then rework horrible maps like Hawkins and Midwich, I don't think anyone will ever DC again in this game. This is how you solve the DC problem properly, no extra punishments needed.

• MikaKim
    MikaKim Member Posts: 334

The introduction of d/c penalties was hilarious. Before they were implemented I saw some really good discussions about why they were a bad idea and what alternatives there were.

Now that we've had d/c penalties some players are just going to be UNABLE to mentally move beyond that. They'll be that old man that has a romantic idea of 'back in my day they had d/c penalties and the game was great, now look at it!'

Sometimes I feel this games' success was luck rather than a significant insight into what the gaming population wanted.

• Power_Guy

If Survivors could see who the Killer is, they would take the perks and items needed to counter that Killer every time.

They would also lobby dodge 'unfun' Killers (read: Killers they are too lazy to learn to play against), so those Killers would never get a match.

Allowing Survivors to see who the Killer is is one of the worst ideas ever.

• burt0r

Especially since this was the case in 2019 when temporary match data was client located and not incrypted. There were even selfmade apps to pull that info comfortable in real time in case killer then would (they still could) last second switch.

It took behaviour several tries to stop it. Those were also fun times. /S

• BasementDweller
    BasementDweller Member Posts: 465

if you guys don’t want people DCing don’t play unfair killers

By this logic every killer is "unfair", and people should stop playing killer.

• GuyFawx

IF Killers are unfair that is behaviors problem not the players and it gives you no right to dc no matter what they play

• Power_Guy

And here we see the DCer in his natural habitat; blaming everyone for his own actions while he ruins the game.

You're subjective opinion on what is 'unfair' does not give you a license to DC when your fee-fees get hurt, bucko. I can't wait until the penalty comes back, so you either stop DCing, or eat the punishment while continuing to blame <Insert Killer You Dislike Here>.

• Morpheus_7_
    Morpheus_7_ Member Posts: 348

one of the great things about this game is not knowing which killer is waiting for you in the game! I would like to know the player's name! I would avoid the toxic ones that I have already encountered!

• kurgan8282
    kurgan8282 Member Posts: 264

no....dc penalties are not so important after all...

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

You have to consider how childish this community is & you'll end up with half the community having the other half blocked for asinine reasons.

• TerrorUnleashed
    TerrorUnleashed Member Posts: 497

Ok, cool. Goodbye :D

If you can't handle Survivors DCing, it means you don't realise it's probably because you're either doing really well or really poorly. Just have fun.

• GuyFawx

Whats fun about waiting in a lobby for 10 min to only get into a match thats over because your team didnt like the killer and dcs? Players have no penalty and are taking advantage of it

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052

That'll just affect them matching with others. They'll be a lot lonelier, but that's something they can choose to keep or to rectify by going over the block list.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,236

The first DC is only 5 minutes. That's basically a freebie. If you can't wait 5 minutes you have some serious impatience issues.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,236

As if that's an excuse. She's a killer, she's an option for people to play, and it's entirely possible to win against her (she doesn't even have the highest kill rate).

• TerrorUnleashed
    TerrorUnleashed Member Posts: 497

If you're talking from a strictly Survivor standpoint, perhaps, but from the Killer side... it is beneficial to overlook the fact that a game ends early. I don't think there should be a restrictive penalty from DCing every once in a while, because internet issues can apply to that, but perhaps implementing a refurbished penalty whereby repeated offences are punished is an absolute necessity right about now.