Suggestion: Dream pallets should stun Freddie

Dipper
Dipper Member Posts: 153
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

The only killers that have fake pallets are the Doctor and Freddie. But if a survivor interacts with a illusionary pallet, it just disappears, while with Freddie, you can actually drop it and easily lose a chase because of this, as it takes some time to actually drop it until you can run again. Meanwhile Freddie has no penalty with dream pallets. It would be cooler if he could get stunned by them for half the time a normal pallet would stun him. Then it would be much fairer in a chase again.

Comments

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

This is a very unnecessary change. Dream pallets aren’t that good to warrant a trade off like this.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

Please tell me you're joking..

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,926

Blight now always rushes backwards.

• truegod_10
    truegod_10 Member Posts: 393

Pallets are already weaker then base snares (especially with the reduced limit that affects pallets more) so there is really no point in nerfing them.

Also, he would still hit you almost immediately anyway; See spirit fury enduring for what happens when a killer gets stunned for half duration and the pallet is no longer there.

The trick to dream pallets is to remember which pallets you throw/see and which ones your teammates throw that you can see. They always spawn upright so they will never appear down. You also cant see them while awake so look at all surrounding loops while awake to take stock of which pallets are real.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

Dream pallets are already inherently weaker than snares, as they're limited by the locations they can be placed in, as well as the fact that survivors can memorize what pallets are real and what ones aren't and play accordingly around them. Adding a stun time to Freddy would completely defeat the purpose of them -- it would be the equivalent of having him stunned whenever a survivor stepped in one of his snares -- and it would be a pointless, unnecessary change.

I play with pallets exclusively since I'm not good with the snares and I love the "gotcha" moments you get with pallets, but smart survivors can instinctively tell what pallets aren't natural, or they remember what's been used already. That said, I've had instances where a survivor will drop an easily recognizable pallet -- like shack -- and then the very same survivor will camp the fake pallet I've replaced it with later in the match (sometimes, even in the same chase!). Rewarding that kind of bad play with a stun of the killer would be a ridiculous change.

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 336

I think he means they still break so if you got the stun it would be like spirit fury but without taking 2 pallets stuns.

• Dodgingbears
    Dodgingbears Member Posts: 252

That is one of the dumbest things I have ever hears and would make dream pallets extremely weak and hurt the killer..... What a bad hot take. Also, why are you worried about dream pallets? That means that freddy has weaker addons.... smh

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,352

A 1 second stun is still a 1 second stun. Why would anyone use pallets if they could stun you and waste even a little bit of time.

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 336

Tbf if you go against fake pallet Freddy just wake up as much as possible.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

I mean...

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

I see Survivors still think 'fair = nerfed to useless'. 😂

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

Clown should slow down when walking through his pink gas.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

Pyramid should be blind.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 943

0/10 just bad bait

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 1,039

Huntress should have snow balls instead

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,846
    edited July 2021

Charlotte should have to crush victor or she suffers from incapacitated

Nemesis' zombies should attack him

Post edited by Hex_Ignored on
  • Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,199

That's... the whole point of his dream pallets, to slow you down in a chase.

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

Billy and Bubba sprinting with chainsaws should trip and get their own leg. Then they can't run anymore. They can still walk, though.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

huntress should accidentally cut herself with her hatchets and have to spend 30 seconds mending

• Underdawg
    Underdawg Member Posts: 193

This was one of the best threads I have ever read on this forum. Thank you DBD community. I needed a good laugh.

10/10. Would read again.

• InList
    InList Member Posts: 85

Clown should slow down when he throws a bottle.