Make singleplayer a thing

Dipper
Dipper Member Posts: 153
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Behavior once said that they will never implement singleplayer because the game is a multiplayer game and they stick to that. But now we have a singleplayer tutorial that includes a round with AI only. The only thing left is now to make it another button in the menu and enable all Maps.

And while the AI is really basic for the game, it's still better than all the toxic players I encounter. I sometimes even play the tutorials, just because it's a nice round that has no camping or toxicity in it.

Comments

• CremelloJoJo
    CremelloJoJo Member Posts: 76

If they did that, no-one would ever play public matches again.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

That's just not true. The online gaming community is often so hardcore about playing against other people, rather than just bots, that even the mere mention of a solo play mode seems to get people all riled up.

I'm sure there is a more than substantial player base who would rather vs other people than bots.

Many PVP/MMO themed games have a solo mode and it hasn't harmed the online numbers at all.

I like a solo play element because frankly sometimes the online experience is terrible.

I really hope they implement a custom game mode with bots, you'd only have access to content you already owned and you could set difficulty with some simple behavioral sliders. (Aggressive/defensive killer, bold/fearful survivors etc).

I really enjoy DBD but I go through spikes and dips in motivation to play usually based on the quality of game experience. Lately its been really low so haven't played in a while. Part of that game experience is how often you deal with people who are just unpleasant to game with (which can be really often).

A great solution is solo play.

I don't really play this game competitively, I play to recreate the thematic feel of being in a classic horror movie, even as the antagonist if I choose, which is awesome as so few games permit that.

Many gamers relish in beating their online opponents and that's great for them (play the way you want to play I say), but I don't really care about that and I'm sure plenty of people don't and would probably appreciate a solo play mode.

Having a solo play mode would definitely increase my game time, both offline and online, as bots can get boring so you always find yourself hitting up online games eventfully. Its just nice to have the option.

• Dipper

This sums it up pretty neat. Also it could be great to test out some new features. Normally when I buy a new killer, I go into a KYF with someone to test out Perks and see the mori. But sometimes noone has time, so it would be great to be able to have some fun in a solo world, just testing out some perkbuilds

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 630

A good thing about bots: they don't intentionally camp or tunnel and they don't care about teabags/flashlights/keys !

• Nico_0
    Nico_0 Member Posts: 115

Yes please

At least trapper only for the first release, knowing they won't want to program the AI for all killers.

Some addons might require AI code.

All maps should be possible, or they don't have the bots walking paths either?!?

Aren't all previous points covered in the mobile version?

• Dipper

I don't think there are paths. The Ai only knows how to walk, avoid and chase

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

Most games don't use predetermined paths anymore. They use what's called a 'navigation mesh'. It's less work for the developers.

Instead of needing to hand-draw paths the AI can take in a game, they now just list areas via the navigation mesh as 'can walk here' and 'can't walk here'. And the AI, using that mesh, knows it can't walk on a rock or wall, so it won't spend time trying to walk into it.

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562
    edited August 2021

I somehow posted this in the wrong thread.

• TacticalBanana
    TacticalBanana Member Posts: 29

It is possible to maybe pve as survivor or killer as practice with lowered bloodpoint award at the end perhaps? So that people will still play pvp.

• ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454

Singleplayer sounds good for training new killers, but what I'd really love for survivors is a story mode. They have done so much already lore-wise, maybe if there was some way to make some of the stories into a gamemode. I'd love that :)

• Dipper

I would have said, like in KYF, no rewards at all. If you want Bloodpoints, you have to play PvP