Kate Rework Feedback

Options
Rogue11
Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,307

Original:

PTB:

Live:

So it looks like they adjusted her animations a bit from the PTB, but her expression still doesn't look close to her original. Why is her nose still flared up, eyes narrowed, and brows angled down like she's always mildly annoyed to pissed off? She's supposed to have a slightly smiling, overall calm expression. You know, the whole "hopeful songbird" personality?

Really hoping some of these reworks are still work-in-progress.

Please consider this feedback in the context of the stated goal of the reworks, to keep the survivors "as similar as possible to ones you know and love" <3

Comments

• SlowLoris
    SlowLoris Member Posts: 281
    Options

Please...PLEASE just adjust her mouth, and she'll be perfect. She looks like a chipmunk that's constantly chewing on something, and it's that with ALL of her heads....there isn't a single one I can escape it, and I own so many of her outfits. :(

• Rogue11
    Options

It seems like they did slightly close her mouth from how it was on PTB. Hard to tell for sure. imo, she needs her overall expression softened to look more like her original.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

I see her very similar to Taylor Swift and Elizabeth Olsen.

• Rogue11
    Options

The gallows gen finished and we were repairing on the wrong sides D:

• FeminineSlime
    FeminineSlime Member Posts: 90
    Options

πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”

• Dreadnight
    Dreadnight Member Posts: 125
    Options

Please watch the video again and answer me.

Why are Kate's breasts the only ones bouncing while she runs?

• Rogue11
    Options

Her and Jane have always had chest physics, although they are missing on some of the more recent outfits.

• Kinguin22
    Kinguin22 Member Posts: 40
    Options

This new "Kate" just ain't it. We get it that they have to update the visual looks of survivors, but why did they give Kate a face rework? They should've adjusted the old Kate instead of giving her a MEG 2.0 face.

• Rogue11
    Options

I think they could fix her pretty easily if they care. Someone on Reddit pointed out how much better the rework looks on her new set compared to the original cosmetics. If her other cosmetics looked more like the one below, I'd be much happier with the rework. I don't know if its the makeup or what, but the new head seems more like Kate's old expression; slight smile, calm, hopeful.

• Aknoton
    Aknoton Member Posts: 30
    Options

Yes, I like Kate's appearance with the new skin, only this is not Kate, but some other girl. Kate's old image is ruined, with old skins she looks terrible.

• Rogue11
    Options

I'm holding out some hope since they at least slightly adjusted her from the PTB. Lets just try to keep making our opinions heard constructively! It would be nice if they ever acknowledged feedback. Something like "hey, that's a good point, we're going to adjust xyz". Sometimes it feels like we're just wasting our time making thought-out posts that no one reads.

• Rogue11
    Options

Reddit post by user GoMati now has almost 1300 upvotes in less than 24 hours. I don't know if Reddit counts as one of the devs "official feedback sources" but it seems like a significant portion of the community shares our opinion on the Kate rework.

• Tayte
    Tayte Member Posts: 65
    Options

I agree. I hope they fix it a bit. Also not sure why they all look so mad.

• Rogue11
    Options

Nothing in the patch notes today about fixing any of the character faces. Guess we can hope some of them will be fixed in the PTB next week, but I doubt it. I haven't seen a single dev or mod response to all the feedback on Kate or any of the other survivor reworks.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options

They definitely need to fix her face.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,636
    Options

Her nose really needs adjusting.

• Rogue11
    Options

Yea it still makes me sad seeing her in game compared to the preview they showed without the animations applied. She doesn't even look anything like the new character portrait they made for her on the PTB.

Not sure how else to make our feedback heard at this point. They just don't seem to care. :/