Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Mount Ormand Rock Glitch

Logged in as normal to play Demogorgon. Perks are surge, NoEd, Bitter Murmur and Mindbreaker. Add-ons were the rat liver and black heart. Burned a sacrificial cake offering.

Game was going fine, lots of hook saves in front of my face but that's not new or weird. I ran over to see these two healing on top of some rocks. I tried a few times to attack them but could not reach them, just kept getting blinded by their flashlight. Promptly took a screenshot and left the game to generate this report. I don't like playing in games where suvivors exploit the mechanics like this, I'd rather just deal with the matchmaking delay.

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• PlayEvilDead
    PlayEvilDead Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2021

There are other maps with similar spots to go up on rocks as well, yamaoka has one on the map with the big house and the killer shack. sometimes near the killer shack you can get on the rocks. The (macmillian i think it is?) map with the old mine shack and railcart rails has some rocks near it , two rocks with a pallet that tends to spawn between them, where you can also get on top of them and if the pallet is down run over the pallet onto the other rock and then on top of the two minecarts next to it. If the pallet is broken before you get up there, they are essentially able to talk around and dodge swings on that part of it regardless of where you're swinging from as long as they're paying attention. So if the pallet there gets dropped, do not break if if somebody is on those minecarts. Or record them if they are, since as far as I know they have the capability of holding the game hostage if the last man alive up there and they are moving around and don't fall while avoiding swings.

The rest that I found you can either follow them up or cans till hit them, although while I found something I could go up recently on ormond while playing survivor I did not test it out so I am unsure to it's safety since I heard the killer coming. That rock right there in your picture (the one a bone oftens pawns in front of behind the ski lodge it looks like) I have no experience with on either side so I'm not sure if there's a way to hit them, but except for the minecarts one in the one specific map involving a pallet walk you can get onto the others they can climb to my knowledge and force them down. The one with the minecarts near the old rail mine shack though, do not break that pallet if somebody is on the second rock connected to those minecarts or those minecarts themselves since you break your way of getting up and forcing them down. learned that the hard way when I didn't pay attention and notice somebody up there lol.

There must be other maps with similar spots lately. I think it's not the spots, so much as something changed recently with the collision in general which enables certain surfaces in some spots to be exploited. That's what it feels like to me, after finding those spots ins o many maps. It may also be the assets themselves that need to be fixed. Like if they use the same sort of assets in multiple kinds of maps, which may be why it tends to be rocks in these different maps that generally do this.

• SammehStormborn
    SammehStormborn Member Posts: 147

My partner made a report earlier, had the same issue with someone doing the exact same thing. They moved once the entire match, then ran back up. They died to EGC 🤷‍♀️