Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Make BBQ base kit.

LuckyLucy1999
LuckyLucy1999 Member Posts: 29
edited August 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Are BHR going to make BBQ base kit for killers? I mean they might as well seeing as 99% of killers I come across use it.

Obviously I don't really want it made base kit, but it is just stale always playing against killers who have the exact same perks on most of the time, likewise with some survivor perks. Just having a killer know exactly where you are as soon as they stick someone on a hook is annoying. And yes I do hide in cupboard once I know they have it on.

Says a lot about the balancing of perks in this game if there are"must take" perks. I don't really know what they could do with the perk really but I wish they would go over the "must have" perks and think of fairer uses for them.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,303

BBQ is a fair perk. You can counter it by getting close to the killer the moment he downs someone, since he can't see you if you're within his terror radius, get in a locker as you said, or hide behind a gen. You also have the option to run in one direction when he hooks someone, then walk in the other direction when you know you're aura isn't being revealed any more.

It is actually one of the healthiest perks in the game since it promotes the killer to leave the hook and to allow your teammates to rescue and heal. It's better they use BBQ instead of replacing it with Make Your Choice, Infectious Fright or Devour Hope.

I don't understand why you think it is "stale", aren't chases what most survivors consider the most enjoyable part of the game? BBQ gives that to you while also giving you time to make it to a loop before the killer gets to you.

• DerpyPlayz
    DerpyPlayz Member Posts: 583
    edited August 2021

Are BHR going to make BBQ base kit for killers? I mean they might as well seeing 99% of killers I come across use it.

This is irrational, just because the consumer does something doesn't mean the Producers of zed product will official release something as massive as outright buffs to a entire role.

To answer your question however, No. This perk is used alot because, well it is a good information perk, but I normally use it because it is the best BP perk for Killer.

Obviously I don't really want it made base kit,

That was not obvious to me.

but it is just stale always playing against killers who have the exact same perks on most of the time.

Thats sorta what happens when only a number of perks on both sides are actually good, while the majority are bad.

Just having a killer know exactly where you are as soon as they stick someone on a hook is annoying. And yes I do hide in cupboard once I know they have it on.

Unless there is some sort of special situation happening, its is much better to just play through BBQ and stay focused on the gen you are on. Hiding in a locker is just going to waste time, the killer likely won't chase you unless they are high mobility and have a plan in mind.

If they go out of they're way to chase you but don't have a plan in mind, then they likely are a easier to play vs killer. Either way, you can obtain key information about the mentality of the player you are playing vs that can let you know how much pressure both sides have at the moment when it might not be clear, but also potentially gaining a better understanding of the killer you are playing vs making minigames a little easier.

Of course, I took a simple topic and accidently made it complicated; but in theory everything I said holds, and I do indeed think like this and use seemly small details like this to success whenever I can and it helps in real games.

Says a lot about the balancing of perks in this game if there perks that "must take" perks. I don't really know what they could do with the perk really but I wish they would go over the "must have" perks and think of fairer uses for them.

I mean logically this perk is only going to be strong with certain killers, its mostly used just for its BP effect.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Don't hate the player hate the game, it's super grindy you know.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

I think bbq should be base kit for killers, including those extra BP. Why? Bbq is a an awesome perk for both sides. It encourages the killer to get away from the hook, and it is easily avoidable by survivors if they don't want to be caught by it.

When I play survivor and see someone go down across the map I don't hide from Bbq, i want the killer to come for me so I can distract them while someone gets the unhook safely.

Its a perk that promotes healthy game play for all! Why not have it base kit?

That being said I think Kindred should be base kit for survivors. As a solo its rough out there and being able to see if someone is going for the save or not would be so useful ;3;

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Not using bbq on a 2x bp event....... I have seen more killers without bbq than survivors without dead hard.

Bbq does not benefit all killers most use it because of the horrible grind.

Bbq has around 10 counters, if you can't use one, then the problem is on you not the perk.

Bbq is one of the healthiest perks in the game including wglf.

I mean if you want I can run stronger perks on nurse, spirit, slinger etc that way you can see why a killer using 1 perk for bbq isn't a good complaint when in reality you should be happy they are not running stronger perks.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

If BBQ was base kit than survivors would preach for make distortion base kit.

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526

Im down with it as long as Survivors get Kindred base kit.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

LOL

What should survivors get in return? Borrowed as base? Maybe Kindred? WGLF, even though it's way easier to get four stacks of BBQ than WGLF?

No one has to use any perk. Killers choose to because it's the best perk in the game, for either side. Why the ######### should it be base other than you want a huge killer buff?

• SavouryRain
    SavouryRain Member Posts: 340

I'm glad devs don't listen to most people on the forums, myself included.

• truegod_10
    truegod_10 Member Posts: 393

Bbq is literally one of the most balanced perks in the game and also serves to discourage camping (you know that thing people always complain about). Most people only run it for the bp which speaks more to the awful grind of dbd and less about the perk itself.

I actually agree with making the 4 seconds of sight basekit to discourage camping. I think it is a nice idea to encourage more fair gameplay. Bbq could then be changed to give double bp and some other minor effect.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Only basekit I would allow is BP bonus from both BBQ and WGLF

Their main effects arent even that good to use them without it tbh

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

BBQs BP part only against base kit kindred, bond and maybe the perk that shows recovery progress on downed survivor. Deal?

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,291

BBQ isn't a 'must take' by its in-trial effect. The effect itself is just solid enough to contend for a spot. BBQ becomes a 'must take' simply because of the BP booster tacked onto it. -That- is something that needs to be reconsidered to be more broadly applicable.

One thing that came to my mind in a discussion with friends about how to make survivors unique is to have every survivor get bonus BP in a configuration that's unique to the survivor. For example, Claudette getting 75% bonus BP for the Altruism category. Felix getting 25% bonus in Altruism, and 50% in Objective. David getting 50% in Boldness, 25% in Altruism. Bill getting 75% in Survival.

Perhaps something similar could be done for killers.