Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

PS4 Freezing and Disconnect

mylittleseizures
mylittleseizures Member Posts: 2
edited August 2021 in Bug Reporting

Getting locked in hook animation while hooking survivors, has resulted in an involuntary disconnect

Read other similar posts for pc and some had comments from ps4 players. My killer match was with the Nemisis on Suffocation Pit. Went to hook a Yui and got locked in the animation for a full minute. Was then taken to the end game screen with the message, “disconnected from host.” I Received a 4 minute abandon penalty.

Survivors were able to work on and finish a gen while I was locked in the animation and it happened within the first 5 minutes of the match. I had no options to look around or drop the survivor but was stuck looking at the hook.

I’ve had this issue before but this is the first time it resulted in me being disconnected from the game. I’m not really able to reproduce it but it has happened more than I thought was normal. At least once in a session of playing, probably 3-4 times within the last day. Not sure if it’s related to lag or connection or because I’m playing on ps4.

Post edited by mylittleseizures on
3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• mylittleseizures
    mylittleseizures Member Posts: 2

Second time this kind of bug has resulted in an involuntary disconnect. While playing as Kate against the Plague on Groaning Storehouse, I went to repair a gen while fully infected and was locked into the animation for around a minute. There were no skill checks, no animation and was unable to get off the gen. Was then taken to the end game screen with the message, “disconnected from host.” Again got a penalty for leaving. Still not sure if it’s an issue related to connection.