The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The 360 technique seems a bug abuse of the hit box

Dont you guys agree? I think that is a clear bug and so ridiculous, just try in real life to move like that lol

Comments

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Don’t move the camera, swerve side to side so they collide with you. 

Little trick I discovered a while back, the 360° is useless if you do this. 
    Dont forget Michael with fragrant tuft of hair and Judith's tombstone friend raged at me I kyf because I taught him why relaying on a 360 technique is a bad idea against him
  • ScottJund
    ScottJund Member Posts: 1,115

is this real

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

Dont you guys agree? I think that is a clear bug and so ridiculous, just try in real life to move like that lol

Its not a problem to me. Survivors never pull off a 360 on me.
  • only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178
    edited October 2018

@redsopine1 said:
    ScottJund said:

is this real

On console sadly yes people use the stick to loop a killer

I think Scott was referring to the thread itself, considering it's so stupid or a blatant troll.

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

lol, its not an exploit and i think 360s are what make every game not be a 4k for killers unless you get genrushed to #########, hitboxes are broken tho

• Shadowchao121
    Shadowchao121 Member Posts: 71

@popoles said:
    It's a big problem on console. I have played against survivors who knew how to "abuse" the broken auto-aim.

Console is crap anyway.

enjoy the 15 fps.

Just always swing in a circle with higher sensitivity.

Then it doesn't work.

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831

@popoles said:
    It's a big problem on console. I have played against survivors who knew how to "abuse" the broken auto-aim.

Console is crap anyway.

enjoy the 15 fps.

Just always swing in a circle with higher sensitivity.

Then it doesn't work.

Yeah. The low FPS is the main reason I miss the hit most of the time.
    360s aren't something like an exploit. The only problem is the auto-aim.
  • MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

If you get 360'd and are complaining about it, you're bad. Not an exploit, a tactic, want devs to remove 360's? How about devs remove camping and tunneling while they're at it too? It's DbD and nothing's fair its how this game is and you need to accept that and get better so you don't have to complain. The best counter to 360s are to not swing at all and then the survivors get confused.

• popoles

If you get 360'd and are complaining about it, you're bad. Not an exploit, a tactic, want devs to remove 360's? How about devs remove camping and tunneling while they're at it too? It's DbD and nothing's fair its how this game is and you need to accept that and get better so you don't have to complain. The best counter to 360s are to not swing at all and then the survivors get confused.

Trust me, on console you can get 360d even if you are a veteran player. The auto-aim is bugged. Although if you get 360d on PC, then you are bad.
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Dudddd said:

If you’re getting 360 by survivor on pc you’re still a “ baby” killer on console that’s acceptable because of crappy fps
    I thought I was bad until I realized that my FPS is literally garbage.
  • Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Makes the job easier.

They basically run into you.

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

@Nickenzie Probably suffering from the windows 10 update problem? When I preform actions it makes my game freeze up. Apparently the only way to fix it is to revert your windows back to like November 2017. Not really worth the effort. But it freaking sucks. Even if I swing at a survivor right iin front of me. The frame drop will make me auto miss them. Pretty tiltiing. Then when I'm playing survivor a killer will hit me and I'll frame drop into a wall and lose the speed to get away from him. :(

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    edited October 2018

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:
    Basically yes.
    Just like gentapping is an abuse technically but both are "acknowledged" by the devs

How is the movement of the character an abuse to mechanics? I don't see how there is reason to that point..

Because the survivor moves faster than he actually should.
    Also the hitbox doesnt align properly with the character model, especially huntress suffers from that when she is trying to melee throw a 360ing guy.

How is non-movement of the character an abuse btw? :wink:

This guy nailed it, "the hitbox doesnt align properly with the character mode", therefore a hit box bug

last match played killer, a salty surv was trolling with 360 making me miss like 3 hits in a row, a very skilled level of bug abuse when clearly did hit, failed. Maybe is my i7 laptop 3rd generation, 8GB RAM and 2GB graphic card which is not powerful enough to handle the game with the lowest specs and has big framerate

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

@popoles said:
    MyNamePete said:

Trust me, on console you can get 360d even if you are a veteran player. The auto-aim is bugged. Although if you get 360d on PC, then you are bad.

Oh yeah you always get 360'd no matter what. I just feel its uncommon if you're better? I feel as Aim Assist is broken, but it almost alway works in my favor. (I play on max sensitivity so it makes sense im not bragging i swear)

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

@Nickenzie Probably suffering from the windows 10 update problem? When I preform actions it makes my game freeze up. Apparently the only way to fix it is to revert your windows back to like November 2017. Not really worth the effort. But it freaking sucks. Even if I swing at a survivor right iin front of me. The frame drop will make me auto miss them. Pretty tiltiing. Then when I'm playing survivor a killer will hit me and I'll frame drop into a wall and lose the speed to get away from him. :(

@GrannyonAcid Oh sorry for the confusion, I play on console but I do have a PC and you need a really good graphics card to have a smooth running game, especially on Dead by Daylight.
  • popoles

@popoles said:
    MyNamePete said:

Oh yeah you always get 360'd no matter what. I just feel its uncommon if you're better? I feel as Aim Assist is broken, but it almost alway works in my favor. (I play on max sensitivity so it makes sense im not bragging i swear)

Eh, whatever. Playing on max sensitivity is a necessity of course. I mostly get unlucky with the auto-aim, it just stops mid-lunge for some reason (= I can't move with the weapon).
  • altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141
    edited October 2018
    Spotted another Rank 20 Killer.  

https://youtu.be/zBkuNpgACH0
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Not the hitbox itself, but a combination of the killer's camera mechanics and the nature of his Hit Detection cone.

Both the area that the killer sees and the area he can hit is shaped like a cone that radiates out from him. That means the further you are away from him, the larger his hit detection area (not to mention it's easier for him to keep you in his view the farther you are from him in his immediate area)

But staying close, you are essentially trying to make it harder for him to both track you as well as making the cone in which he hits you slightly smaller. your actual hitbox is unchanged, only his hit detection zone does.

• pogo688
    pogo688 Member Posts: 4

@purebalance said:

@Brady said:
    No

in real life you can dodge hits too... think about it a little harder and also understand game mechanics more..

In real life if a child rushes in my direction while I'm swinging at them since survivors are like children compared to the killer, the child is still getting stabbed. 360 shouldn't work. It's an exploit.

well i disagree why focus on real life when we are playing a game that is unrealistic doesn't have to be realistic you shouldn't go refer to real life and start comparing things with a "game" which is supposed to be different from real life (this game is made up not supposed to be based of off real life) keep in mind that also the 360 is not a bug its a way of dodging the killer it is only fair because killers recently received a lot of changes which play to their advantage whereas survivors got a 'NERF" including the definition of balance is to keep both sides stable and equal (balance each other out) not one sided.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

only speds fall for 360's and players who do them are usually morons who think they're hot ######### but actually suck

• xcottonx
    xcottonx Member Posts: 33

@redsopine1 said:
    ScottJund said:

is this real

On console sadly yes people use the stick to loop a killer

But you need to say that on console it is hard enough to hit a survivor with a controller when they do a 360. Even a 180.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    edited October 2018

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:
    Basically yes.
    Just like gentapping is an abuse technically but both are "acknowledged" by the devs

How is the movement of the character an abuse to mechanics? I don't see how there is reason to that point..

Also the hitbox doesnt align properly with the character model, especially huntress suffers from that when she is trying to melee throw a 360ing guy.

I'd actually would like to see proof that the speed of a Survivor surpasses the limit of ** 100%MS** when performing a 360. (Moving your camera one way while moving your character the other in a 360 degree circle)

Could you provide proof that or are you just making that first part up?

You might be right about the hitboxes not lining up... but I mean, I found if you just swing (not lunge) you're most likely to hit them as they do align up the hitboxes at some point. if we're talking about broken hitboxes, what's with those active hitboxes after pallet stuns and window vaults? Off topic, but still relevant.

Huntress hitboxes are already broken, so it's irrelevant to the current data. Why hatchet a melee-ranged 360ing guy?

I mean 360 hitboxes aren't broken like The Billy's chainsaw to a Sprint Bursting Survivor yet it's being perceived that you're implying they are. Maybe explain a little for me to understand better?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:
    Basically yes.

I'd actually would like to see proof that the speed of a Survivor surpasses the limit of ** 100%MS** when performing a 360. (Moving your camera one way while moving your character the other in a 360 degree circle)

You might be right about the hitboxes not lining up... but I mean, I found if you just swing (not lunge) you're most likely to hit them as they do align up the hitboxes at some point. if we're talking about broken hitboxes, what's with those active hitboxes aren't pallet stuns and window vaults? Off topic, but still relevant.

Huntress hitboxes are already broken, so it's irrelevant to the current data. Why hatchet a melee-ranged 360ing guy?

I mean 360 hitboxes aren't broken like The Billy's chainsaw to a Sprint Bursting Survivor yet it's being perceived that you're implying they are. Maybe explain a little for me to understand better?

Take one of those "360 tutorial" youtube videos and a video of a sprinting survivor next to each other.
    Run both in slow motion and observe how the 360ing survivors moves faster on your screen than the sprinting one

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@BACKSTABBER said:

I have yet in real life had something thrown at me miss me by five ft and still "somehow" connect so no i'm sorry for your blight.

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    It’s really not. 360’s are jukes. It’s not even a reportable offense, and it’s most likely your fault that you can’t hit them. Have you seen what it’s like to get through a pallet or window? Probably not, considering this was entirely killer based.
    Check yourself before you wreck yourself.
  • RepliCant
    edited October 2018

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:
    Basically yes.

You might be right about the hitboxes not lining up... but I mean, I found if you just swing (not lunge) you're most likely to hit them as they do align up the hitboxes at some point. if we're talking about broken hitboxes, what's with those active hitboxes aren't pallet stuns and window vaults? Off topic, but still relevant.

Take one of those "360 tutorial" youtube videos and a video of a sprinting survivor next to each other.
    Run both in slow motion and observe how the 360ing survivors moves faster on your screen than the sprinting one

.... you're kidding right

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited October 2018

@Nickenzie said:
    GrannyonAcid said:

@GrannyonAcid Oh sorry for the confusion, I play on console but I do have a PC and you need a really good graphics card to have a smooth running game, especially on Dead by Daylight.

Part of that is that DBD is optimized for absolute crap. I mainly play Overwatch, and can run that game at the max graphics and never drop below 60fps, even when in the middle of the 6v6 team fights on a point, with all those particle effects going off at once.

This game, however, runs and lags like hell just on the mid-setting.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

Well on pc it's perfectly counterable, on console though it really sucks because they basically have a free dead hard. Can't wait for the console optimization

• Master

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:
    Basically yes.

Nope im dead serious

• RepliCant

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:
    Basically yes.

Nope im dead serious

"Please use your own judgement and observation to determine such" is NOT proof. What meets the eye can seem entirely different. The fact that you're dead serious makes entirely what you said unreliable.

Discussion over from my end.

• Master

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:
    Basically yes.

Nope im dead serious

"Please use your own judgement and observation to determine such" is NOT proof. What meets the eye can seem entirely different. The fact that you're dead serious makes entirely what you said unreliable.

Discussion over from my end.

That why I said, run it in slow motion

What kind of proof do you want? Guess we will have to wait until we get a police killer with a speedometer then :lol:

• They destroy the frame rate of killers, some more than others, and some maps are worse than others. Doctor has frame rate issues already. Throw on 360 using survivors and good freaking luck. 

And then they wonder why you tunnel them out of the match lol.
  • AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331

@Well_Placed_HexTotem said:
    They destroy the frame rate of killers, some more than others, and some maps are worse than others. Doctor has frame rate issues already. Throw on 360 using survivors and good freaking luck. 

On PS4 the 360 literally drops frame rates down to single digits and the auto aim makes this technic practically a glitch. It's still easy enough to counter by simply waiting on your swing and bait out the 360 but I'll still tunnel a 360 survivor just to get them out of my game.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    They destroy the frame rate of killers, some more than others, and some maps are worse than others. Doctor has frame rate issues already. Throw on 360 using survivors and good freaking luck. 

Don't even bother on console to get those awesome looking blight costumes.... the extra graphics make those frames drop like ######### out of an airplane lavatory