The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The 360 technique seems a bug abuse of the hit box

124»

Comments

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@Watery said:
    purebalance said:

@Jack11803 said:

@purebalance said:

@Jack11803 said:

@purebalance said:

@Peanits said:

It's not an exploit. Their hitbox is no smaller when doing a 360 than when they're just standing there or running in a straight line. Hitboxes don't change size because of movement. You're just missing your swing because they moved.

If someone is 360ing you, stop lunging. Lunging at them makes it easier for them to do. Just walk up to them and do a regular attack and there's significantly less delay, and that'll make it a lot easier to hit.

It's not THEIR hitbox that's being abused. It's the killer's hit/hitbox. Yes nothing changes about the survivor's hitbox. Nobody claimed that. It's abuse of the game's poor mechanics when it comes to the killer's hit radius and box. Faulty programming is being abused.

This is false. You just turn. Literally all you have to do. Turn your sensitively up until you can do a full rotation is less than a second

No it's 100% true. You can lie to justify you using glitches to cover your bad play. I'd laugh about the tears when they remove it and tell you gitgud because it's worse than camping

I’m a rank 1 killer player. You really have ego issues if you need to instantly associate me with being a survivor main to not feel crippled

You said you condone it which means you use it. Your ego must be so bad that you have to conflate someone else having a bad ego for making an accurate observation. Sad.

Just... stop. Right now. Stop. This is cringe. Get good, and learn to deal. Case closed.

Yeah you are cringe worthy for defending use of broken mechanics. Get good if you get mad when someone lagswitches you then. Get good. It's cringeworthy if you can't deal with lagswitching.

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    Ending this debate once and for all. Here your irrefutable proof that console 360’s are 100% ethical and should not be changed. All footage captured was against SWF groups at rank 5 and 4. 

EDIT: all footage captured today and over the course of 30 minutes. 

https://youtu.be/380EyxdopSA

Claudette got a free dead hard there.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    edited October 2018

@purebalance said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    Ending this debate once and for all. Here your irrefutable proof that console 360’s are 100% ethical and should not be changed. All footage captured was against SWF groups at rank 5 and 4. 

I am afraid we are forgetting this is a free unlimited DH for any healthy status, not only wounded

one important point to address is the level of 360ness you have, from noob level just learning from youtube tutorials and from god level like Och*do does 360 in a row humiliating decent killers (not babies)

• ThisNotIt
    ThisNotIt Member Posts: 28

@Brady said:
    No

in real life you can dodge hits too... think about it a little harder and also understand game mechanics more..

In real life if a child rushes in my direction while I'm swinging at them since survivors are like children compared to the killer, the child is still getting stabbed. 360 shouldn't work. It's an exploit.

Actually in real life you would brake your ankles since survivors ignore Newton’s Law of Motion. The momentum and force that should be applied when making such a tight turn doesn’t exist. There’s simply no way you fluidly 360° in such a tight turn radius. You will fall on your ass. 
    Yeah that's why there are so many mfl players with broken ankles
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@purebalance said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:

Or, or, get this...... maybe he just missed

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    edited October 2018

@Watery said:
    purebalance said:

@Jack11803 said:

@purebalance said:

@Jack11803 said:

@purebalance said:

@Peanits said:

It's not an exploit. Their hitbox is no smaller when doing a 360 than when they're just standing there or running in a straight line. Hitboxes don't change size because of movement. You're just missing your swing because they moved.

If someone is 360ing you, stop lunging. Lunging at them makes it easier for them to do. Just walk up to them and do a regular attack and there's significantly less delay, and that'll make it a lot easier to hit.

It's not THEIR hitbox that's being abused. It's the killer's hit/hitbox. Yes nothing changes about the survivor's hitbox. Nobody claimed that. It's abuse of the game's poor mechanics when it comes to the killer's hit radius and box. Faulty programming is being abused.

This is false. You just turn. Literally all you have to do. Turn your sensitively up until you can do a full rotation is less than a second

No it's 100% true. You can lie to justify you using glitches to cover your bad play. I'd laugh about the tears when they remove it and tell you gitgud because it's worse than camping

I’m a rank 1 killer player. You really have ego issues if you need to instantly associate me with being a survivor main to not feel crippled

You said you condone it which means you use it. Your ego must be so bad that you have to conflate someone else having a bad ego for making an accurate observation. Sad.

Just... stop. Right now. Stop. This is cringe. Get good, and learn to deal. Case closed.

Yeah you are cringe worthy for defending use of broken mechanics. Get good if you get mad when someone lagswitches you then. Get good. It's cringeworthy if you can't deal with lagswitching.

My left asscheek. Get good, stop complaining for ten minutes, and maybe you’ll get somewhere.
    This has complete waste of my time since you refuse to actually refute my claims in a proper manner. So unless you’d like to throw out yet another false accusation; hit the road.
    EDIT: LAGSWITCHING IS A REPORTABLE OFFENSE. You can’t be serious. Stop. This is why we can’t have nice things, you know that? Play the damn game, and learn to overcome your shortcomings. I’m not saying “I’m such a god, blah blah blah.” I’m saying that it’s a you problem. Almost every killer main on this forum will and continually refute you. Almost every survivor can account for severe bs that has happened to them. If you can’t learn to be at least decent at the game, that’s not our problem. We are not #########. This has not only been plaguing me to no end, but you’ve been continually citing improper or expired evidence; even going as far as saying LAGSWITCHING is viable. That’s cheating. It even says that in game! 360’s have been even accounted by the devs, and they said they like them. Was it intentional? No. Are they here to stay however? Yes. 
    This entire discussion has said that you’re wrong, but you refuse to listen. Stop while you’re falling behind, and maybe go on discord and attend killer school! It’s a great program. It’s apart of the official discord too! Go ahead and join it. It’ll be a good experience. And as someone who has used it, it helps a lot. 

Post edited by Watery on
  • Bananaplanes
    Bananaplanes Member Posts: 23

This has been a complaint since the beginning and is just a case of getting better. I rarely if ever get 360’d as it all just comes off at paying attention. The only slip I’ll give you is if you have bad FPS or are in console

• BACKSTABBER

please note the 360º done by the hat after the sucker punch:

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@BACKSTABBER said:
    Dont you guys agree? I think that is a clear bug and so ridiculous, just try in real life to move like that lol

Oh my god, If you dont like survivors preforming 360s, move into the path to survivors moving towards to begin it and quick lunge

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@popoles said:
    Shadowchao121 said:

@popoles said:

It's a big problem on console. I have played against survivors who knew how to "abuse" the broken auto-aim.

Console is crap anyway.

enjoy the 15 fps.

Just always swing in a circle with higher sensitivity.

Then it doesn't work.

Yeah. The low FPS is the main reason I miss the hit most of the time.
    360s aren't something like an exploit. The only problem is the auto-aim.

especially nurses auto aim with blink is annoying

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831

@popoles said:
    Shadowchao121 said:

@popoles said:

It's a big problem on console. I have played against survivors who knew how to "abuse" the broken auto-aim.

Console is crap anyway.

enjoy the 15 fps.

Just always swing in a circle with higher sensitivity.

Then it doesn't work.

Yeah. The low FPS is the main reason I miss the hit most of the time.
    360s aren't something like an exploit. The only problem is the auto-aim.

especially nurses auto aim with blink is annoying

She has no autoaim whatsoever.
  • Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

I can usually hit down a 360er after a few attempts, but it's really annoying and really does seem like a bug as my hits seem like they should be landing but instead just wiff. My personal solution has been to run circles around them after they're on the hook so that I can practice myself. They gave me a bunch of 360s, so it's only right that I return the favor.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Devs explained it on their stream a few days ago. It's allowed, its in the game, they like it, it doesnt affect the hitbox. Bye. Git gud.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437

@powerbats said:
    @marth88gaming Perhaps you can explain this to the people that just refuse to accept that they need to adjust their gameplay instead of blaming it on a survivor outplaying them.

360 isn't outplaying. I guess standing on inaccessible blocks is just outplaying right?

You can be hit you need the right spot to avoid it or you do get slugged

Dont you guys agree? I think that is a clear bug and so ridiculous, just try in real life to move like that lol

As a player more tended to the killer side, this is plain #########... You're just bad. Miss the first 360°? - sure no problem. Miss the 2nd 360°? - ur just bad as a killer...
    I'm starting to hit 360 after a few so I'm learning hoping to nail them all the time especially when I have no ed they try it and go down lol
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

@Nick said:
    Devs explained it on their stream a few days ago. It's allowed, its in the game, they like it, it doesnt affect the hitbox. Bye. Git gud.

Like seriously, how is this thread still going? There is an official response by the devs. 360's weren't intended, but they like them and have no plans on changing it any time soon. Not a bug. /end thread

• BACKSTABBER

@Dreamnomad said:

@Nick said:

Like seriously, how is this thread still going? There is an official response by the devs. 360's weren't intended, but they like them and have no plans on changing it any time soon. Not a bug. /end thread

whatever requires a considerable load of programming from the devs
    or
    controversial decisions (such as DS, hatch, 360...)

it wont be fixed

• Zavri
    Zavri Member Posts: 261

on pc at least 360s don't do anything against me. It's not hard to hit them.