The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The 360 technique seems a bug abuse of the hit box

Comments

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@Peanits said:
    It's not an exploit. Their hitbox is no smaller when doing a 360 than when they're just standing there or running in a straight line. Hitboxes don't change size because of movement. You're just missing your swing because they moved.

If someone is 360ing you, stop lunging. Lunging at them makes it easier for them to do. Just walk up to them and do a regular attack and there's significantly less delay, and that'll make it a lot easier to hit.

It's not THEIR hitbox that's being abused. It's the killer's hit/hitbox. Yes nothing changes about the survivor's hitbox. Nobody claimed that. It's abuse of the game's poor mechanics when it comes to the killer's hit radius and box. Faulty programming is being abused.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@purebalance said:

@Peanits said:
    It's not an exploit. Their hitbox is no smaller when doing a 360 than when they're just standing there or running in a straight line. Hitboxes don't change size because of movement. You're just missing your swing because they moved.

If someone is 360ing you, stop lunging. Lunging at them makes it easier for them to do. Just walk up to them and do a regular attack and there's significantly less delay, and that'll make it a lot easier to hit.

It's not THEIR hitbox that's being abused. It's the killer's hit/hitbox. Yes nothing changes about the survivor's hitbox. Nobody claimed that. It's abuse of the game's poor mechanics when it comes to the killer's hit radius and box. Faulty programming is being abused.

This is false. You just turn. Literally all you have to do. Turn your sensitively up until you can do a full rotation is less than a second

• purebalance

@Mister_xD said:
    actually, and i know you survivors dont like to hear that, it is a bug.
    that said, it is, similar to gen tapping, acknowledged by the devs who then decided to keep it in the game.

personally i dont have a problem with that mechanic, since you can counter it as a killer, you just need some skill to pull that off.
    just turn in the direction they are going and you'll hit them. at least thats how i am doing it, i guess there is different ways.

btw, the killer side has these "bugs" too, e.g. the killers ability to block the basement stairs with his body. same thing there.

You can block the basement, but when you swing and when you hit someone(assuming the non injured one) they can get by.

Also it isn't just a matter of turning. Once you have them do it a few times they do it in a pattern so yeah, but they just got 3-4 free dead hards.

• Jack11803

@Vortexas said:
    My Advice.

Exactly!

• purebalance

@Jack11803 said:

@purebalance said:

@Peanits said:

This is false. You just turn. Literally all you have to do. Turn your sensitively up until you can do a full rotation is less than a second

No it's 100% true. You can lie to justify you using glitches to cover your bad play. I'd laugh about the tears when they remove it and tell you gitgud because it's worse than camping

• Jack11803

@purebalance said:

@Jack11803 said:

@purebalance said:

@Peanits said:

No it's 100% true. You can lie to justify you using glitches to cover your bad play. I'd laugh about the tears when they remove it and tell you gitgud because it's worse than camping

I’m a rank 1 killer player. You really have ego issues if you need to instantly associate me with being a survivor main to not feel crippled

• lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611

@Jack11803 said:

@purebalance said:

@Peanits said:

I guess until then “if” that day ever comes you can take your own advice on the matter and apparently you can’t catch them to camp anyway so good luck
  • purebalance

@lyric said:
    purebalance said:

@Jack11803 said:

@purebalance said:

@Peanits said:

I guess until then “if” that day ever comes you can take your own advice on the matter and apparently you can’t catch them to camp anyway so good luck

I literally said I camp them when I catch them just to ######### on them. So learn to read the thread and gitgud.

• purebalance

@Jack11803 said:

@purebalance said:

@Jack11803 said:

@purebalance said:

@Peanits said:

I’m a rank 1 killer player. You really have ego issues if you need to instantly associate me with being a survivor main to not feel crippled

You said you condone it which means you use it. Your ego must be so bad that you have to conflate someone else having a bad ego for making an accurate observation. Sad.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I've got no issues hitting 360's because I don't lunge at them, if they do it once they won't do it again since I know what they're doing. Now granted I'm on PC but I also don't have my sensitivity turned way up either, and that's because I've adjusted my aim accordingly.

You can keep making excuses for your failure to improve all you want, but it won't change the fact the the base issue is your lack of improvement.

Perhaps @TydeTyme can explain it to you since I've see him have no issues with survivors doing it on the streams I've watched.

• purebalance

@powerbats said:
    I've got no issues hitting 360's because I don't lunge at them, if they do it once they won't do it again since I know what they're doing. Now granted I'm on PC but I also don't have my sensitivity turned way up either, and that's because I've adjusted my aim accordingly.

You can keep making excuses for your failure to improve all you want, but it won't change the fact the the base issue is your lack of improvement.

Perhaps @TydeTyme can explain it to you since I've see him have no issues with survivors doing it on the streams I've watched.

Hence the problem with these people claiming it's not a problem. On PC you have FAR FAR FAR more control of direction than Xbox or PS4. Changing direction mid swing on either is ridiculous with the sticks. hence they get a free deadhard.

You don't see most streamers getting this done BECAUSE they're on PC.

You can keep making up excuses for people abusing a system problem, but that won't change the fact that the base issue is they're abusing mechanics to cover for THEIR bad play at the game. I never use it as survivor and play just fine.

• powerbats

@purebalance said:

@powerbats said:

Hence the problem with these people claiming it's not a problem. On PC you have FAR FAR FAR more control of direction than Xbox or PS4. Changing direction mid swing on either is ridiculous with the sticks. hence they get a free deadhard.

You can keep making up excuses for people abusing a system problem, but that won't change the fact that the base issue is they're abusing mechanics to cover for THEIR bad play at the game. I never use it as survivor and play just fine.

You're blaming the fact you're on console for your own bad gameplay, as other stated turn up your sensitivity and problem solved. I've also seen streamers on PS4 have no issue with it precisely because they've got their sensitivity turned up.

The only one making up excuses here is you since quite a few of the killer mains on here play on PS4 and hit rank 1 every season. The issue isn't an exploit but your lack of skill and unwillingness to adapt.

I don't 360 either since I suck at it but I also don't have an issue hitting 360ing survivors with normal sensitivity on my mouse because I'VE ADAPTED.

See you're like Wile. E. Coyote here because you refuse to change your ways.

• Jack11803

💻> @purebalance said:

@powerbats said:

Oh!? Now it’s tje controllers fault?! I hit people doing 360’s on PS4 every time, except maybe the first. You are absolutely bad at this game

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    edited October 2018
    Jack11803 said:

@purebalance

360ing causes the killer to lose sight due to weird POV. It also tricks autolock. What this means is it goes the wrong way. Many killer actions can mess survivor up similarly, like standing at certain angles jolts the pallet throw, causing a literal teleport into the killers lap. Killer can easily counter 360’s by going WITH THE BAD AUTO AIM, and swinging so far off they meet the 360. Or y’know, just not be ass at the game and pay attention.

Only excuse is console FPS, and in that case it’s just hardware problems, I’m not gonna limits my self because you don’t own a PS4 pro. A gaming computer user isn’t going to NOT 360 because your playing on a freakin MacBook.

I’ve spent hundreds of hours as killer on a launch Xbox and hundreds on a Scorpio, which is more powerful than a PS4 Pro. It doesn’t make a difference for killers. The frame rates are still #########. 360’s still wreck them.
  • NextKillerSpongebob
    NextKillerSpongebob Member Posts: 271

Dont you guys agree? I think that is a clear bug and so ridiculous, just try in real life to move like that lol

As a player more tended to the killer side, this is plain #########... You're just bad. Miss the first 360°? - sure no problem. Miss the 2nd 360°? - ur just bad as a killer...
  • steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,196

It might be good to have some kind of icon next to our names to show what platform we play on. There are differences so it might be better for a console player to tell another console player to get better. They know the limitations better than PC players.

• Incarnate
    Incarnate Member Posts: 677

The only reason why it can be abused so hard, is due to the turning speed isn't capped, it's unrestrictive.
    It's basically just a matter how fast you can move your mouse, because you can turn as fast as you can move your mouse. This can be abused hard, which it is in 360s but certainly also in loops, even areas that aren't intended as a loopable area. The only way to fix this, is to put a turning speed cap on. However 360s aren't inherently bad, but they're bad when they can be abused to a point where you can't do anything about them, which to my knowledge you can, as long as you know how. But you can't do anything about that where it's being used in areas that aren't intended as loopable areas, especially those areas where the game doesn't recoqnize it as a chase so blood lust doesn't trigger, blood lust goes of because it suddenly thinks you're not in a chase any longer. Thats the impact a non-restrictive turning speed can have on the gamebalance - fun right? Not! It screws the intended game balance royaly over.

• Lutzalec
    Lutzalec Member Posts: 1

Man I made an account to ask if OP is ok. You compared REAL LIFE to a game with a floating person.

• powerbats

@steezo_de said:
    It might be good to have some kind of icon next to our names to show what platform we play on. There are differences so it might be better for a console player to tell another console player to get better. They know the limitations better than PC players.

Actually several rank 1 PS4 killer mains have done just that but to the people claiming it's an exploit they can't admit it's their skill instead that's the issue.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

@powerbats said:

@steezo_de said:

Actually several rank 1 PS4 killer mains have done just that but to the people claiming it's an exploit they can't admit it's their skill instead that's the issue.

yeah survs are skilled using 360 exploit u mean? I wish killers had such 360 exploit when lunge, that should be skilled too?

• Jack11803
    edited October 2018

@BACKSTABBER said:

@powerbats said:

@steezo_de said:

yeah survs are skilled using 360 exploit u mean? I wish killers had such 360 exploit when lunge, that should be skilled too?

He never mentioned survivor skill. He’s saying if you can’t hit a 360, you’re #########

• powerbats

@BACKSTABBER said:

@powerbats said:

@steezo_de said:

When you have no skill it's an exploit, when you have skill it's a move you can counter.

• Jack11803

@powerbats said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@powerbats said:

@steezo_de said:

When you have no skill it's an exploit, when you have skill it's a move you can counter.

If he misread what you said before, he’ll probably think from this, that you’re agreeing it’s an exploit....

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,196

@powerbats said:

@steezo_de said:

It's not just that. I also think about something like the nurse, where console players get 30 fps and under so it's a lot different than playing with 120 on PC... and with that wack controller it's no wonder I'll see ######### about her being balanced or on the flip side, unplayable at all. It would be easier for me to identify a common denominator with certain issues since I don't know a player's true skill.

• Jack11803

@steezo_de said:

@powerbats said:

@steezo_de said:

It's not just that. I also think about something like the nurse, where console players get 30 fps and under so it's a lot different than playing with 120 on PC... and with that wack controller it's no wonder I'll see ######### about her being balanced or on the flip side, unplayable at all. It would be easier for me to identify a common denominator with certain issues since I don't know a player's true skill.

And just from your logical message I instantly know you’re better at the game then some of these fools. But yeah, FPS makes it harder. It is doable though, but harder

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 914

In my opinion, 360ing abuses the P2P latency. Sometimes, when I hit, I am right on them ON MY SCREEN but on theirs, they just started a 360 and thus the hitbox is suddenly not there, resulting in a miss, sometimes even without lunge attack. Sometimes you chainsaw THROUGH them (had multiple instances), just like you previously chainsawed the pallet and not the sliding survivor instead / in addition. With huntress, it's particularly bad (throwing the hatchet through them while they just spin in a circle, I watched my recording in slow motion). Also, imo changing directions rapidly should result in a slowdown of the survivor, just like in other games (look at the physics in GTA5 f.ex.).

• HuN7r3sS
    HuN7r3sS Member Posts: 211
    This is why as killer I predict the juke and curve my hit once they pull the maneuver
  • Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167

Dont you guys agree? I think that is a clear bug and so ridiculous, just try in real life to move like that lol

As a player more tended to the killer side, this is plain #########... You're just bad. Miss the first 360°? - sure no problem. Miss the 2nd 360°? - ur just bad as a killer...
    Someone finally said it.
  • SirVicksTheSlayer
    SirVicksTheSlayer Member Posts: 101
    MorfWut at the original question. As a killer main I don’t care if a survivor tries to 360 me. If you’re worried about it, get a little closer before lunging. 
  • Watery

@Watery said:
    purebalance said:

@lyric said:

purebalance said:

@Watery said:

It’s really not. 360’s are jukes. It’s not even a reportable offense, and it’s most likely your fault that you can’t hit them. Have you seen what it’s like to get through a pallet or window? Probably not, considering this was entirely killer based.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

They definitely are NOT jukes.  A juke is moving in a different direction than they anticipate.  This is hit box abuse not a juke.

If you can’t hit someone right there you just suck there is no other excuses for making a 360 cry thread , I guess everything else to cry about has been taken away so we have to grip on to this and go with it 

No you're abusing broken mechanics aka exploits. You're the one that sucks having to exploit bad mechanics. Don't cry when you get camped if you use this "fine method" because I guess you were bad and deserve to get camped at that point.

Well, you see... I’m not bad if I do 360’s. It’s your fault you can’t hit them! It’s very easy, you just have to learn. Don’t go pointing fingers without valid evidence, and maybe, if you understood what lunge range and stuff like that is, you’d have an easier time. It’s not my fault that you can’t hit me. It’s yours.

Yes you are bad because you're acknowledging that you're abusing something that is broken. Whether they accepted it or not it's a sign of being bad like camping.

You 360 me I camp you and there should be no complaints on that.

Who even said I’m complaining? This entire forum is you against twelve other individuals who KNOW you’re wrong. Please don’t waste my time.
    xoxo
  • ConsoleNurse
    ConsoleNurse Member Posts: 170
    0/10 bad bait 
  • GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited October 2018

Oh. I thought I posted in this thread. Hmm, guess not.

@purebalance - I'm confused. Survivors are dodging the hits and it is somehow exploiting the hitbox of the attack and a bug/broken? Can someone with more sense explain how this is NOT dodging? If they are moving away from, or avoiding the hitbox how is it not the same as dodging?

And, as Peanits has said, stop lunging. If you are lunging during 360s, even after learning that it doesn't work, you are bad. Stop moving and do a regular swing, you'll hit them 9/10 times.

@Jack11803 said:
    And just from your logical message I instantly know you’re better at the game then some of these fools. But yeah, FPS makes it harder. It is doable though, but harder

^This.

I play on PS4 and at first I literally thought it was impossible to track Survivors who ran "through you" and 360'd. I've learned better, and that even with Frame Drops everything is doable, you just need to relax and pay attention. And stop lunging so much.

• Watery

@Jack11803 said:

@purebalance said:

@Jack11803 said:

@purebalance said:

@Peanits said:

You said you condone it which means you use it. Your ego must be so bad that you have to conflate someone else having a bad ego for making an accurate observation. Sad.

Just... stop. Right now. Stop. This is cringe. Get good, and learn to deal. Case closed.
  • Incarnate

Yes you can counter 360s, it's all about predicting it and then make your hit, no lunge.
    However, given the nature of how the game is designed, also the p2p part, means that
    there is a part of it that might be abusable.

• SolidestBaker35
    SolidestBaker35 Member Posts: 15
    Watery said:

@Jack11803 said:

@purebalance said:

@Jack11803 said:

@purebalance said:

@Peanits said:

Just... stop. Right now. Stop. This is cringe. Get good, and learn to deal. Case closed.
    THANK YOU WATERY. If you think it’s a hit box issue literally play a different game,  you might like playing as killer but this post is just sad. It’s a juke. NOT. HITBOX. ABUSE. And the fact that you said that Waterys ego was huge is concerning, might want to keep yours in check @purebalance
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

Dev video addressed this issue. They didn't "intend" for 360s to be a thing, but they don't dislike it and have no plans to change it.

• Incarnate

@Dreamnomad said:
    Dev video addressed this issue. They didn't "intend" for 360s to be a thing, but they don't dislike it and have no plans to change it.

Well, if they didn't intend for it then they most certainly need to make sure that it's actually balanced and non-abusable. Just allowing it without actually making tweaks to something they didn't intend for is a bad idea, and usually can be exploited somehow without said tweaks.

• Watery
    This thread just turned against purebalance real quick.
  • FinLadd
    FinLadd Member Posts: 190

@popoles said:
    It's a big problem on console. I have played against survivors who knew how to "abuse" the broken auto-aim.

Console is crap anyway.

enjoy the 15 fps.

Just always swing in a circle with higher sensitivity.

Then it doesn't work.

Console is not crap and it is actually max 10 fps. 
  • powerbats

On PC I only get 60 fps and sometimes less (Hello Doctor) so that does help for say Nurse but I just get really close and then swing in an arc for the 360. Most of the time the 360 never gets by me and when it does it's they're just really good because I got too predictable or I mistimed my swing.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    FYI, watch the dev stream that was released this morning. They specifically address 360s, stating that they were never intendent, but they are definitely not an exploit, and they are impressed with those who can pull them off. Why?  Because 360s can very easily be countered by the killer.
  • Incarnate

@Kaelum said:
    FYI, watch the dev stream that was released this morning. They specifically address 360s, stating that they were never intendent, but they are definitely not an exploit, and they are impressed with those who can pull them off. Why?  Because 360s can very easily be countered by the killer.

Actually, while it is true that they did say that, Horvath actually also said things that sort of indicate there could be tweaks necessary - like for instance, he said that the turning rate for the killer is not high enough, so they won't be able to hit the survivor anyways - this is around the 6:45 miniute mark: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us - to me this sounds like there actually is an issue with the 360s.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    edited October 2018
    Ending this debate once and for all. Here your irrefutable proof that console 360’s are 100% ethical and should not be changed. All footage captured was against SWF groups at rank 5 and 4. 

EDIT: all footage captured today and over the course of 30 minutes. 

https://youtu.be/380EyxdopSA
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

The amount of free hits I've had off survivors because they potato a 360 totally outweighs the amount of times I've missed hitting them.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    @DarkWo1f997 ethical?  The devs stated that there is nothing wrong with doing 360s, end of story. I have no idea how a 360 could be declared ethical though. That’s a new one on me.
  • DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Kaelum said:
    @DarkWo1f997 ethical?  The devs stated that there is nothing wrong with doing 360s, end of story. I have no idea how a 360 could be declared ethical though. That’s a new one on me.
    The OP is being hysterical and didn’t try to overcome a 360. I’m using words like “Ethical” to get through to him that it’s possible to outplay it if you just pay attention and practice a little. No one on the forums listens, they only argue. So I got to use them big words. 
  • powerbats

@Kaelum said:

He's referring to the op's claims it's an exploit which it's not. The moves Dark uses are the same ones killers that know how to counter 360 use. While you'll occasionally miss, 9/10 times you're getting a hit.

• Incarnate

There is one thing though that Horvath said on the stream, which certainly could be an issue, is that the turning speed of the killer is not high enough to be able hit - which obviously is during a commited 360 where you're following the 360 around.

• Incarnate

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    Ending this debate once and for all. Here your irrefutable proof that console 360’s are 100% ethical and should not be changed. All footage captured was against SWF groups at rank 5 and 4. 

EDIT: all footage captured today and over the course of 30 minutes. 

https://youtu.be/380EyxdopSA

Irrefutable proof? Don't know if you realize this, but those weren't 360s, at least not successful 360 attempts.
    So I wouldn't say they were actual counters, you didn't do anything specific to counter like stop or back up before striking, you just attacked outright.

So I think it's important to distinguish between actual 360's being pulled off successfully and the those that are executed poorly, where all of those I saw attempted in that video, were poorly executed.