Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

My Opinion on RPD

CriticalWeasel
CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378
edited August 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Honestly the map is so fricken big you can do a 2vs8 on that map and it would feel normal lmao.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    edited August 2021

I'm starting to learn the map finally and tbh it's not as bad as I thought it was. Just treat it like Azarov's and never go the side of the map with the library because for some reason that half of the map only has god pallets and the other one only has ######### ones.

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 668

I like it's maze like layout. Would be nice to have another one like that. Maybe the maze from Kubricks version of The Shinning.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

Yesterday I had to drop a survivor and camp his body because I couldn't find a hook nearby. Today I've seen a survivor saboing hooks and making it impossible to hook someone in the whole region, since you must be lucky to find one hook, not to mention two. In both games I've seen survivors getting to 2nd stage on first hook, because other survivors couldn't find the way to the hooks. 10/10 map.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I don't know how much freedom they have as far as altering a licensed map goes, but you know on Haddonfield where it has the flickering light bulbs where gens aren't done?

RPD needs something like that. If it does have them, it's not noticeable enough.

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378

Yeah I knew about that, it's actually helpful that the flickering lights tell you a unfinished generator is near.

RPD is already hard enough that most of the generators are behind walls and inside rooms.

• Kyxlect
    Kyxlect Member Posts: 230

Massive, maze-like and dark. Very Survivor sided. I don't care if they remade the whole level from the game, I'm saying that they shouldn't have in the first place. It should've been warped by the Entity or something so it's not like this.

I lose the Killer very often because I wear dark cosmetics and every corner is a question for the Killer since I can easily start walking and make no scratch marks. Usually they're just like f-it and leave. Not gonna search the thousands of dark rooms and corners that I could potentially be sitting in.

• Moonman157
    Moonman157 Member Posts: 102

I own DBD on both console and PC so I've been doing custom games between the two platforms so I can explore the map, and I have to say it's not as confusing as it initially seemed, I find it much easier to navigate than all the other indoor maps with the exception of Midwhich. It also doesn't feel as big as it initially seemed. I feel like the map can either be killer sided or survivor sided depending on which side understands the map better. As survivor there are some strong loops that you can really string together in a very efficient way and as killer you can create 3 gens and quickly turn sections of the map into deadzones if you're going against a crap team. I don't know, I have to play it more in real matches... but I think I don't mind the map.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

When will they add the ability to create a custom game with only one player?

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

It's as big as Mother's Dwelling and Killer's with movement options are crippled on that map.

There's also multiple god pallets, multiple useless pallets and a god loop.

The map also runs like ######### on current-gen Console's and still crashes.

It's bad for everyone.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

Can't stand the map as survivor ok you have some god pallets but most of them are useless and basically force you to camp them for a stun

• DrStone
    DrStone Member Posts: 132

Girl as a survivor main ... I hate that map as well haha.

It's so hard to find generators plus getting from one side of the map to the other is hell. I get lost all the time, especially when it's on me to go and save someone on the whole other side.

• Kyxlect
    Kyxlect Member Posts: 230

Sounds like you just need to play it a bit more. I've played it about five times now and I've pretty much got the layout down. Still won't be easy as Killer regardless due to the things I mentioned before.

Hag definitely exceeds on it though, Trapper may as well.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

Yeah probably, same with mothers dwelling. Both of those would be good 2v8 maps.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

Not as bad as i though it was