If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Hatch Standoff : PLEASE, STOP!

Options

I have a couple of simple fixes to the hatch spawn and games being held hostage.

1. Permanently lock or despawn the hatch the instant the gates are powered.
  2. If the hatch is prompted to open then a 5 minute countdown starts. If the clock reaches 0:00 the hatch shuts itself and match instantly ends. The killer already gets no points for that last survivor's death but the survivor would also get no survival points for escape.

Comments

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

Is the hatch closure not good?

• VayneHellslinger
    VayneHellslinger Member Posts: 47
    Options

I assume you are targeting the notion of survivors holding the game hostage when they are the last person alive. Noble goal but...it doesn't feel good to play for either side here. An important part of balancing a mechanic is how it feels to the player and having it abruptly end is probably going to be dissatisfying for both sides.
    Something I've thought of for this sort of end-game scenario is that as soon as a generator is finished the hatch automatically reopens. It isn't too far of a stretch to assume at this point both players know where the hatch is, so end game turns into this mad dash for the hatch where both sides are hoping to reach their first.