Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Box Climbing on Gideon Meat Packing

oKayotic
oKayotic Member Posts: 3
edited August 2021 in Bug Reporting

I reported this bug yesterday, but I realized I didn't follow the post format correctly, so I'm remaking my post.

I found this glitch in a public match by complete accident, so this may be a known bug at this point, but I just in case I did some rigorous testing on it in a private match after I found it.

Platform: Done on PC but I'm sure it can be recreated on all platforms.

Description of the issue: There's a specific totem spawn on Gideon that you can do regardless of tile generation, that only depends on totem spawns, which there's about a 21% chance a totem can spawn on this tile. When you go to cleanse said totem from a specific angle, your character's body clips onto the box next to you. You can be free of harm from the killer (unless it's a huntress, deathslinger, or the twins. While in the video my friend has trouble hitting me with victor, he was able to eventually hit me.)

Steps to reproduce: Basically, it seems there's a specific angle on this totem spawn which, for some reason, makes your character clip onto the box next to the totem when you cleanse it. you can either finish cleansing the totem (works with Hexed or dull totems) or just stop, immediately walk towards the box and walk to the top.

Given the amount of luck needed to get everything perfect for this to be able to occur was a nightmare. The tile this glitch is performed on spawns either right next to the bathroom on the lower level or one tile away from this location. (In the video, we are next to the bathroom) Then a totem needs to spawn on these boxes. I read somewhere that there is 26 different totem spawns on Gideon, so having just one spawn here is around a 21% chance. My friend and I might have reset the game 10+ times trying to get the spawn.

Below is a video of the glitch being performed in a private match.

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• oKayotic
    oKayotic Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2021

Gideon disabled since 5.1.1 release, not sure if it is to fix this bug or not since there hasn't been an update on my post