The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Keep Event items on Prestige

SquidBad
SquidBad Member Posts: 56
edited August 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I'd be more than willing to prestige if it weren't for losing items I cannot ever get back. If you prestige, I think you should keep any event offerings, items and addons you have on that character. Everything else can go. It really kind of stinks that if I want to prestige say, my Dwight, I'll lose my red envelopes I got from the gilded stampede when I first started playing. I'm sure many players feel similarly.

Edit: I think this same thing applies to disabled things, like moonlight offerings which have not been in the game in a long time.

Comments

• InsatiableMop
    InsatiableMop Member Posts: 325

Hey not a bad idea. I have a few characters like this.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited August 2021

This should also include items, addons, and offerings that are no longer obtainable.

Some of my characters still have the disabled Moon offerings, as well as the Brown and Yellow Map offerings, in their inventory, so they will never be prestiged.

----

That said, the OP should know that prestiging only gives a bloody cosmetic (which meant a lot more before they added the cosmetics store) and a slightly increased chance of higher rarity rewards appearing on the Bloodweb (I think Scott Jund said it was a single digit % increase (less than 10%)).

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

I have heard of 1% per Prestige Level. So really not worth it except for the Bloody Clothing.

But yes, this should be the case for everything - Splinters, Moon Offerings, Event Offerings, old stuff in general. Especially since the Devs talked about Prestige Rewards, players should not be hold back from prestiging in fear of losing the old and rare stuff they collected a few years ago.

• SquidBad
    SquidBad Member Posts: 56

I know everything involved with prestiging, but thank you. I want the achievements + bragging rights + cosmetics for my mains. But those to me are not worth losing access to my event things.