Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Please leave if the gate timer is almost up

venusxbunny
venusxbunny Member Posts: 34
edited August 2021 in General Discussions

I spectated a match I escaped, 2 people were waiting in the gate til the last possible second for the killer who was not coming, while the third person ended up dying standing on the hatch because they would simply not leave for it to open. Stop killing your teammates just to tbag a killer, if the timer is down to 15 seconds and someone is not at your gate they are probably at the hatch. 🤦

Post edited by venusxbunny on

Comments

• megaweenieman
    megaweenieman Member Posts: 323

No way the juicy t bag at the last second is the only reason to play survivor 😄

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 668
    edited August 2021

I can't tell you how many times I have taken out survivors who are tea bagging. Using NOED and Blood Warden together works well for this kind of thing. One of the most entertaining times was just the other day while I was playing as Myers and killed the survivor with Tier 3 Evil Within.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895
    edited August 2021

This literally happened to a friend of mine last night. This Billy was kind enough to give my friend the hatch, even after he'd just had a rough game on Lery's. Myself and the two randoms were at one of the exits healing. The endgame timer was three quarters down. My friend told me the Billy was giving him hatch. So I gesture to the two randoms to leave and I leave myself.

The two randoms stay at the exit til the last second and then leave. My friend died.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

this is why i say if survs stay in the exit room too long, they should insta die.

but also, why was said hatch surv not trynna go to the gate?

• rugby_hook
    rugby_hook Member Posts: 21

Or just don't t-bag and leave?

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

That's not killing your teammates... the person sitting on hatch should've went to the gate. The killer should've pushed the survivors out of the gate instead of being afraid that he might get t-bagged and get his feelings hurt.

• rugby_hook
    rugby_hook Member Posts: 21

But why t-bag? I play 50/50 survivor/killer and other mmos and can't see any reason to t-bag (in any game) in any context - unless other person was an a-hole first. But the biggest victory over an a-hole is to deny kills so...leave and let someone take hatch.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Yes, there were few times I saw 3rd survivor just keep standing at Gate, while the 4th injured one crouch near the hatch waiting for him to leave to get the hatch. And that 3rd guy just escape at the very last moment.

I had to blame that guy in post chat, if he wanted to help, just go back into the trial, find the 4th guy and lead him out. Its pointless just to wait at gate.

Leaving is Survivor's choice, they dont need Killer to push them out

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052

Not to be that guy, but how long would you have to wait at hatch until you realize the other survivors aren't leaving? At that point it's just self-sacrifice.

• DuneT
    DuneT Member Posts: 88
    edited August 2021

Stuff like this is exactly why I'm a staunch advocate of the introduction of a blacklist for matchmaking purposes. There is simply some XXXXXXXX XXXX out there, I don't feel inclined to play with.

And an in-game blacklist would be a real QoL improvement over having to note these player names down the old-fashioned way on paper.

• IronKnight55
    edited August 2021

You can't blame the last guy for that survivor dying. The guy at the hatch should've tried leaving through the gate instead of sitting on top of hatch until he died, lmao. I really don't know what people are thinking sometimes. Of course they don't need killers to force them out... I'm just saying that killers shouldn't complain about survivors sticking around if they are just gonna stand in a corner somewhere and not try to make them leave.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Thanks but no thanks! ☺️

I also never assume another survivor is going for hatch. I might leave if I guess they are, but they could otherwise need my help. Only if a friend tells me on comms.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Survivor mains probably don't realize how long those clowns stick around. If you play killer and ever experiment with playing Wreck It Ralph while they wait, you would easily understand they will try to stay until the last possible second. A normal survivor main could be forgiven for underestimating their will to twerk into the void. I wouldn't exactly call it common knowledge unless you were in on the playstyle.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052
  • Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Honestly sounds funny to me that the hatch person got screwed like that.

Sounds like something you would do among friends to mess with them.

I would totally do things like that just for the giggles. Who takes a game seriously anyway?

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

It is funny because people standing on Hatch were greeding for the extra few points from a hatch escape, and end up losing the 5K escape bonus. Sometimes when you greed, you lose everything

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I like to bodyblock those last second escapees on the line, seen it twice since ECG was introduced. Mega lols when you look behind and see them get grabbed on the line

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,302
  • InList
    InList Member Posts: 85

You either stay long enough to tea-bag the killer or you sandbag the survivor.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,280
    edited August 2021

This whole i'm going to be toxic and T-bag you at the gate is childish. When i kill and i lose im not running to the gate to give you toxic people your satisfaction, i'll wait until you go out. I don't mind waiting couple extra minutes. I can go get something to drink or whatever while you wait at the gates to be toxic. Not going to happen with me kiddos

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723

I'm sorry, but you're not entitled to have the other survivors play a certain way. It's really annoying when you die to EGC because your teammates wouldn't leave, but it is what it is. Either go to the exit gate the old fashioned way, or accept that there is a chance that you might not get out. You literally don't even always know if the last players preventing hatch from opening up are even at the exit gate yet.

Most players are aware of the possibility that their last teammate that they don't see at the gate is waiting for hatch, and leave with enough time for the hatch to open up even if they spend plenty of time BMing

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

@IronKnight55

Sometimes you find yourself in situations where hatch is the only choice.

Which sounds to me like that is what happened. The survivors at the exit gate did have a choice though, and they chose to be selfish.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Why do you assume they were greeding? Firstly there are challenges that involve the hatch, and secondly there are situations where the gates spawn close together and the hatch spawns far away, so if the killer is patrolling and the last survivor is injured, or if they’re being chased near hatch, the hatch is their best hope of escape.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

That's the team mate being greedy. Just go to the gate and escape next time instead of waiting for hatch,

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

Well, even if it is for a challenge, the challenge is to get extra points in the long run, or to advance in the rift, so technically it is still taking on extra risk in order to greed. That is the risk of waiting for the hatch.

Your 2nd example, if they exit gates are close together and they are injured, well in this scenario, the Killer will obviously be camping the gates, given that they are close together, so it is very easy for the Killer to push the survivors who are in the exit gate out of the game, as they have no reason to not be in that area next to both gates, so in this scenario, the person camping the hatch is very likely to get the hatch escape.

Your 3rd example is not relevant, the OP clearly described someone who was standing next to the hatch and waiting, so this should not really include someone who is getting chased near the hatch, it basically implies someone is in that area, has the choice to move away from it, but is deciding to wait by the hatch.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209

How would they know that the last guy was standing on the hatch?

They could have been waiting to see if he needed rescuing.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Why on earth would the killer push the survivors out of the gate and allow the hatch to open, if they can just patrol between them and ensure the last guy can’t get out?

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209

If the last guy is at full health, then catching him on the way to the exit is a certain escape, one hit → sprint boost → escape.

If you do manage to hook this last guy because they messed up somehow, then the survivors you didn't push out of the exit will surely rescue him off the hook and then they all escape.

If you push out the survivors you can't get anymore, then the last guy is on his own, it's now a race between you and him to the hatch, and killers get priority closing it.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

Should've brought a key if they wanted hatch escape or played 4swf to tell buddies to leave so they could get hatch. They could've gone to exit, they chose not to.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

There is one situation when you need to get out through the hatch which is an active RBT. Teammates won't even leave then.

• SammehStormborn
    SammehStormborn Member Posts: 147

Sometimes the person “sitting on hatch” is taking the hatch because the exit gates aren’t an option. Too close to be monitored by the killer.

sometimes the survivor is injured and wouldn’t be able to wait for their exhaustion perk to be able to get them out, or risk not being seen in the short time they may have.

sometimes, the survivors in the exit gate are too concerned teabagging to give a crap about making sure they take a hit so that said survivor can make it out the exit as your expectations believe they should.

Maybe think about why they’re grabbing hatch other than it’s for “extra” points. Sometimes, they just have no other choice. Sometimes, it’s for a challenge. Oh - and finally - none of your business how someone chooses to play a game? Just like if people want to BM at the exit gates, right? 🥱

funny how this community is toxic not only against the role they play against, but also towards the role they’re in a “team” with… go figure 🙂

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895

He was on the other side of the map. Even if he went for the exit as soon as the Billy let him go he wouldn't have made it. Hatch was his only chance.

There was no self sacrifice. Dumb and dumber just wanted to stand at the exit til the last second even though the killer was not even there.

• ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454

I was thinking the very same thing. Imagine you leave the match early and the other guy is trying to get to the exit gate, gets downed and there's no one there to save him or to take a protection hit if he's just injured. You'll probably make the guy mad because you were being selfish lol

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266
    edited August 2021

If timer is still plenty, I go back into the map, seek for TR, track it to get close and check if the last team mate is near by, if Killer just wandering around, I will leave, its easy because Killer will start to chase you. If the last guy is injured and being chased, I will body block and take hit.

Or simple, I could leave at 10sec remaining. If I dont see him coming to gate at 10sec remaining, I will leave. Because there is no way he will escape in time anyway.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

One problem, if the timer is less than 25%, then the timer will automatically kill the last survivor who arrives to the gates. The survivor won't have enough time to travel between the entrance and exit within the exit area. 5 times as fast makes 120 seconds 24 seconds, making 30 seconds 6 seconds. If the survivor is trying to dodge the killer while everyone is waiting at the exit region, they won't have enough time.

Just add that all survivors must be within the exit region for at least 5 seconds for this effect to activate.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Are people actually this ridiculous? If the timer is down to 25%, leave. 9 out of 10 times they're waiting for hatch.

• Moisette
    Moisette Member Posts: 127

I only tbag at the exit if it's a Ghost Face and he starts it or if a teammate and I are doing it to each other. I usually wait a while to make sure everyone is safe, but if they don't run to the exit for a while, I'll leave because I figure they want hatch. I play solo, so I don't always know if someone is waiting for hatch. I have played with SWFs who pointed at the exit, telling me to leave so I did. That's incredibly helpful when they do that.

• venusxbunny

they tried at around 12 seconds left but the gate near the hatch was closed and it was too late to reach the other one so they ran back to the hatch hoping the team would leave. The thing is the killer threw the whole match from the start just to let us farm points so I have no clue why the remaining people were waiting to tbag or whatever.

• venusxbunny

Yeah but you're not going to be able to rescue someone in under 15 seconds unless the hook is at the gate, that's why i'm saying if theres only about 15 seconds left just leave.

• venusxbunny

One time I was downed and actually found the hatch by crawling, I had a whole 20 seconds to get it while the killer was looking around for it but the remaining person was just standing in the gate doing nothing, killer found me and killed me. If they just left I literally could have escaped, cause clearly they weren't going to come help me.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Same, i ll go break walls or collect blood orbs if i haven't it out. With trapper i just spam traps whilst they stand there

• bluedusef
    bluedusef Member Posts: 288

this has happened to me a few times. i honestly think some survivors are doing it on purpose and having a laugh at it.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    edited August 2021

I have had several times where I was the obsession injured looping shack about 2 tiles away from the opened exit gate with 2 full health teammates in it no noed and the hatch was there at the shack.

My teammates didn't help body block for me nor would they leave so I couldn't get the exit gate or the hatch.

They did that just so they could Tbag the killer after he killed me when he went to the exit gate.

Edit: Aka if they did literally anything but Idle at the exit gate I would have lived by either getting hatch(Or running for the gate with the killer getting hatch) or by them bodyblocking for me.

• dnj510
    dnj510 Member Posts: 438

You and I speak the same language. Apparently even blocking them doesn't work 🙄.

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481

I have said this before and will say it again.

EGC was designed to allow the survivors as much power in wasting the killer's time as possible and BMing as hard as possible. They went OUT OF THEIR WAY to design it that way, rather than allowing the killer a simple 'concede' button which would be an easier implementation.

The raw reality of it is DBD allowed a huge portion of its userbase to become toxic and that means there is a financial incentive to bias the game towards that behavior. That is why, for example, they invested in a terrible chat filter that doesn't work, rather than actually implementing any sort of real report system that reviews player behavior and punishes it: If 40% of your userbase is shouting vulgarities post-game (And I have in fact started a spreadsheet to track this), are you really going to rush to ban them?

• IronKnight55
    edited August 2021

Two exit gates exist. He should have at least tried to leave through a gate since it would be pretty obvious the guy wasn't going to leave. I wouldn't say that was selfish... he most likely didn't even know where that survivor was. Maybe he was waiting to make sure he made it out?