Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Toxicity in game ? Hateful chat in lobby and after game?

Options
acharliet
acharliet Member Posts: 155

I really like playing Dead by Daylight,usually solo que survivor, and sometimes killer. Lately the games are mostly about camping and tunneling from killers side but well, its part of game. It happens. But my question is, do u meet lately more toxity in the game? If u even report, are some players penalised somehow?

After playing as killer, i was not camping, not tunneling, i won the game fair way, the guy was so angry that after the game he wrote in chat that he pray my mom under ground...etc, He wrote couple more things. I dont get it really. I was so sad about it.

Even worse example? Well, i was playing solo que survivors, in loby perhaps i got 3 guys survival friends. One guy switched on steam the name , exactly the same name as i have, when he did it, it switched also colour of name, the green name i have. One survivor in lobby wrote me Hello How are you. I answered I am fine, while his friend who changed name to same name i have, was in lobby very very rasist, and it looked like that i do so. I didnt know about this yet, well friend on twitch explained me what happened. He was very very rasist and It did look like that I did so since in lobby chat it looked like i do write it.... I was very surprised this may happen, I didnt know about it. It was very angry and hateful racism and it really looked like i do so. He was doing that under my name.... After lobby i was so shocked, the game was starting and i better went to Task manager to end this game .... :(

Do you have any advices what to do in this situations? And does anybody care about this not to be happening?

Thank yout.

Answers

• acharliet
    Options

*and it really looked like I do so.

• DerpyPlayz
    DerpyPlayz Member Posts: 583
    Options

After playing as killer, i was not camping, not tunneling, i won the game fair way, the guy was so angry that after the game he wrote in chat that he pray my mom under ground...etc, He wrote couple more things. I dont get it really. I was so sad about it.

Welcome to the DBD community.

In any case, you shouldn't be sad about what someone online said. You in this case should be happy that they just exposed that they were so annoyed by the end of the game, that they felt the need to insult you.

• acharliet
    Options

Yeah, well, some players are nice, some are aggressive. But Does anybody care about this ? Maybe Devs of this game? I dont know? Are they baned ? Or they are enabled to do so more often?

I was really shocked that player in lobby was under my name so very aggressive racist !!! I didnt know that some player while being in lobby might change name to same name as I do have and can be so racist, and it might look like that I do so. This shouldnt be happening !!!

• Miss_Johnny
    Miss_Johnny Member Posts: 56
    Options

The DBD community is seriously one of the worst I have ever met in a game. Of course not everyone, I have met great people in the game as well. But survivor are the most toxic and think they rule the world and everything they do is great and alright, the killer will put all their ego and frustration in their game and on you and blame you for everything that goes wrong. My suggestion is click on the chat symbole and close them so you don't have to see them. Report people rude and pray the Devs care. My honest opinion it feels like they don't but I can be wrong.

And the case that you might be scared you will get in trouble for the comments someone else made. There is a game ID and if they report that person with your name it's not your ID getting reported. And if they try to report by names only, it would be visible that there is 2 people. So they couldn't make a judgement just of that.