Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Not_Queen: Hostage question

I'm killer, I trap three survivors in a corner, body block. The EGC timer is running. They can't go anywhere. They are stuck till the entity takes them. I don't hit them or move till EGC timer expires. It's this considered taking the game hostage?

(I know the answer, but someone is insisting that it is.)

Comments

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380

No. It is not taking the game hostage, at any point if the end game is triggered it is no longer holding the game hostage, as the survivors will die eventually. Of course they won't like it, but its not necessarily "toxic."

So no. If EGC is active the rules dictate you are never holding the game hostage.

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806

No, because the game-ending EGC timer by definition means that the game will end. Now, if you had trapped the last survivor BEFORE the EGC timer started, that would be holding the game hostage, because neither the survivor nor killer are doing anything to progress, and therefore end, the game.

• w_sohl
    w_sohl Member Posts: 124

I kinda need @not_Queen to respond as my bet with the other person is that the devs would say this isn't holding the game hostage. And she speaks for the devs.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

How did you even manage to trap 3 survivors in a corner at that point its the survivors fault for being foolish

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 991

I would argue it is holding the game hostage as you are deliberately denying normal play. Just because the game will end, it doesn't change that.

Killers get pissed when the EGT is going on but players do no leave and class that as holding the game hostage. This isn't any different to me.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

In this case, this is not holding the game hostage, because the game is going to end guaranteed as the EGC is running out. It might not be considered the best tactic in the world, however, it is not bannable.

If you would do this at any other point during the game for a while and it is not EGC, then yes, you'd be holding them hostage, because there is no option for the survivor to be able to play the game and it is not clear when the game ends.

This discussion has been closed.