What about attacking the killer?

Options
Didiez
Didiez Member Posts: 51
edited August 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I would hate to transform dbd into last year game, but we can agree that dbd already have grenades, a "knife" (I know that DS is a sharp glass but you get the point) and mines, so why we can't get a baseball bat or an axe? Here's the idea:

You start the trial with one baseball bat:

When the killer is breaking a generator, pallet or breakable walls (he will be red Just like victor when he's on cooldown) you can hit him with the baseball bat using the button action and stun him for 3 seconds. The bat breaks on the process and your aura is shown to him for n seconds.

Now this is where I need your help. Based on this concept, I want some buffs and nerfs ideas or even a reason why this could not be viable to be a perk. I also thought on the axe because I had an idea about breaking walls and pallets in the trial for three times. If all four survivors had that perk, they could stun killers for 4 times (just like DS) with the axe idea they could break 9 walls/pallets. A nerf idea would be having to do some task to be able to get the bat.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,627
    Options

Wny do you even want this?

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,799
    Options

picks ormond

Uses hockey sticks

mfw

• Pulsar
    Options

As someone who has been slashed in hockey, that ######### hurts.

• stormy_
    stormy_ Member Posts: 208
    Options

some killers? yeah i love to (at least) watch them get attacked lol

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,605
    Options

Decisive Strike.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

Would be nice to have a bat versus facecamping Bubbas but I don’t want to open Pandora’s Box.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    edited August 2021
    Options

hey, you've grown too big for your icon there.

• Didiez
    Options

I don't really want this, just trying out new possiblities. You know trying to create something with the community. For example, making a new survivor and killer with the community just for fun. I'm just sick of people complaining about how the game is bad, Decisive strike, camping and tunneling.

• Pulsar
    Options

Respectfully then, this will not make the gameplay any more enjoyable.

• Didiez
    Options
  • ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Well, probably for survivors. But you know, I think people would quit if they had to risk a baseball every time they were forced to break a God pallet.

• truegod_10
    truegod_10 Member Posts: 393
    Options

I don't think this short stun during animations really adds much and will just be used for memes and to be obnoxious/as an annoyance (a lot like current head on or blast mine). Don't get me wrong, I love survivors who bring these perks cause they usually want to bully and get wrecked in the process, but it is still obnoxious sometimes.

I do think something like the bat idea could be added as a perk for survivors, but it would largely just be a very obvious and worse version or perks like flashbang, since there are so few times you could use it, so again would just be for memes. It would really only be useful if you could chain the stuns in a team to stun the killer for like 12-16 seconds in total.

The axe perk would be trash tier like a lot of perks. Breaking walls is great on a couple maps for survivors, but most maps either do not have any or only have a couple that largely benefit survivors; the two maps it could really help on are the game and dead dawg. Survivors would also never want to break pallets cause that is their resource to use against the killer.

The bat idea I would not buff, even though I think it is just meme value currently, due to the fact that if you add more animations/times you can stun ot extend the duration/uses it could quickly become extremely unfun or unfair instead of annoying. The axe could be buffed by allowing the survivor to use available material to collect material to make pallets in loops where they did not spawn. To balance say it takes like 25 seconds of material collection (picture fortnite but without items disappearing, instead they would just run out) and then another 15 seconds to build a pallet. It would end up taking around a minute+ including travel time. Let's say you could do this twice. The pallets could only be placed in areas where ones did not spawn and not where broken one's are to prevent remaking god pallets. I think my change is not really a good idea since it would be largely too goofy for dbd, but it would be better then something as situational as a perk for destroying breakable walls as survivor.

I would like to say I really want to see David or Leon take a baseball bat to Victor's head now (new custom animation for individuals with a bat or axe against the twins).

• [Deleted User]
    Options

I don't know what scares me more, your icon or your idea.

• KweenPlease
    KweenPlease Member Posts: 305
    Options

No because then Dead by Daylight and Sweet Home Survive would be too similar.