Tampered Timer: Yay or nay nay I say

Options
2»

Comments

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 308
    Options

You'll find a majority of the time the pig will down a survivor, once the survivor is hooked the pig will then tunnel the survivor with a ticking trap. Tampered timer makes this worse.

• tortrader
    tortrader Member Posts: 539
    Options
  • BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649
    Options

I must admit.... This add on is my guilty pleasure. (very guilty even)

I put it on with an extra box and always have a head pop here and there. But i do it like once or twice a year so it's not a common thing i do because it's kinda bullpoop to go against...

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    edited August 2021
    Options

It doesn't make a difference if you know it's tampered or not that gen still pops while the survivor with the trap hangs from the hook especially with ruin and it's good rng or bust.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options
  • whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

Nah it's not. no survivor in their right mind is going to let that gen regress or get popped in this terrible regression meta and as a survivor with a trap on I don't blame them one bit.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

It's a passive slowdown. Head pops should only happen because the survivor messed up or got greedy staying on gens instead of searching boxes, not because the killer equipped 2 addons and used a map offering.

• CryptFriend
    CryptFriend Member Posts: 416
    edited August 2021
    Options

Having played Amanda an uncomfortable amount, I can say that I'm surprisingly okay with how RNG her power is.

So long as you play relatively competently and abuse survivors with traps, you can get a kill, and add-ons make this process even easier.

The RNG is somewhat fair solely because Pig's is the only power in the game that has the potential to kill survivors with no sustained input from you--Not even Executioner has that.

Edit: I completely forgot where I was going with this post. Something, something, give Pig an add-on pass that isn't just an audacious nerf. I don't see half of her add-ons used, and that's ridiculous. As she is, TT is fine where it's at. It's strong, but it's purple so it's supposed to be.

Post edited by CryptFriend on
  • SeannyD115
    SeannyD115 Member Posts: 583
    Options

The only problem I see with nerfing tampered timer is then people will just use the add-on that adds one box with no downside and still have the same problem if the pig interrupts them

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Step 1: Do totems to break Ruin and Undying

Step 2: Don't worry about Ruin and Undying anymore

• Timeman63
    Timeman63 Member Posts: 185
    Options

Tampered Timer is fascinating to me because it's a very feast or famine addon. I don't entirely agree with it reducing the timer just due to the fact that it can also be paired with longer search time and extra Jigsaw Boxes, but it is a guilty pleasure addon that nets you free kills every now and again. A possible rework to the addon that would make it more consistently useful while keeping with the theme of more threatening Reverse Bear Traps and "rigged traps" is to make it so Reverse Bear Traps are active the moment you place them on a survivor, meaning they no longer need a generator to be completed to start the timer. The timer would still pause when being chased or downed. You may not even need to change the other problematic addons because 2:30 is quite a bit of time to search every box, but it might still be a good idea to address those addons that increase search time or Jigsaw Boxes. Truth is, when Pig's addon pass comes to be, I would like for the developers to rework more addons to affect her Crouch and Ambush Dash, since it's the less appreciated part of her kit.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

I really like that idea! It would make end game traps feasible and quite scary!!

And yeah I want an add-on pass where her lesser used perks get reworked to be more viable. I just want more consistency with Pig. This isn't a nerf Pig thread I love her and want her to be in a good spot 🐷

• Tekno_Badger
    Tekno_Badger Member Posts: 526
    Options

Tampered Timer isn't fine, but it's also the only thing that makes her viable against high-level teams. She needs a power buff and then that add-on nerded

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options

Pyramid head is from the silent hill franchise though. The kinds of hazard's he creates and supernatural element common in silent hill fits an iteration of pyramid head that could exist. The art and aesthetic of his gameplay and animations fit him perfectly. His punishment power is a reference to silent hill 2's protagonist struggle and the aesthetic of these rotten cursed trails is very silent hill. Not only that but in the case of pyramid head they were adding supernatural element's to pyramid head's power as opposed to your suggestion which is neutering pigs traps to make her more generic agile slasher which has no grounding coming from the saw license.

Not only that but pinhead has shown the bar is much higher for powers and design that actually fits the character. Why not just make an original killer instead of lazily slapping on a license to a character.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,027
    Options

I'm fine with it, personally. Going against it is enjoyable. If I die, oh well. Makes for an intense game that I don't mind losing.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 4,734
    Options

Let's remember to keep the comments civil and respectful, please. Disagreements on the subject can be made respectfully, and without resorting to belittling one another.