The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killer Meta is too overpowered

13»

Comments

• coaltrain503
    coaltrain503 Member Posts: 87

What about survivor meta?

Can't loop? Dead Hard

Can't stay alive because of your inability to loop? Unbreakable, Decisive, Adrenaline, Soul Guard, Deliverance, Iron Will

Need I go on?

• PlayEvilDead
    PlayEvilDead Member Posts: 91

lol start getting used to it and learn to handle nurse and blight as well as don't jump on top of the first gen you see, wait until you know the killer found somebody else first since there's gonna be a lot of hardcore tunneling by the end of the month

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356
    edited September 2021

The killer did win, even with the perks they used. You think any killer player cares when you tell them that they only won because of their perks?

Survivors have very strong meta builds as well.

Not to mention that you listed a bunch of different perks. You don't really thnk these perks should all be nerfed, right?

• SPADESinst
    SPADESinst Member Posts: 84

I'm just gonna say it straight up. It's impossible to actually balance an asymmetrical game like this. There are too many factors in trying to balance it. You have to take into account all types of players (Low MMR, mid MMR, high MMR players). Trying to balance around High MMR would make it impossibly hard for low MMR solo players and somewhat for mid MMR, but balancing around how low MMR would be a mess for the others.

That would mean having to change around killer base kits and powers to try and fix multiple types of gameplay(Which isn't really possible, if I really think about it. A lot of killers would stay as lower tier.)

Both sides have Meta perks that could be a point for both sides. BBQ, Ruin, Undying, and Tinker could be noted as the Meta for killers that need to be fixed. One could argue about DS, Unbreakable, BT, and DH. (I'm not saying I have a problem with any of these perks because I don't. I don't really care.)

Perks are there to help. While some are a lot better than others in usefulness, it's a given if the most useful perks are going to be used the most. Balancing around those perks is the problem though, which again I think is just not possible. Too many factors and I didn't even list them all. Only the ones I think are most important/most talked about within the community.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

This win's basically every buff/nerf thread on the dbd forums.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited September 2021

It's almost like killers have to run gen regression due to the inability to stop the game from progressing at a rate that is out of their control. It's why "tournament" competitive killers run 4 gen regression perks and play the way they do as well.

Perks on both sides can sometimes carry someone a little bit further than they should, but gen regression perks will never be the defining factor as to why a killer wins or not. All gen regression perks are either not that strong, or simply have to be earned, otherwise they can be destroyed, or even ignored.

You can make similar arguments for Exhaustion perks. Zero effort required, giving you a free out to mistakes or avoiding a chase ever starting to freely get to a strong loop. They're effectively delaying the game by a massive amount relative to the time your average game takes. 4 survivors can have it, with multiple uses per match. That's fair, but a killer earning Pop, or potentially having 2 perks, is not? Fundamentally gen speeds need to be addressed, either directly or indirectly, such as going after Exhaustion perks, map size, general time wasters (indoor maps, breakable walls) before I'll ever agree gen regression is both OP, or carries bad killers. Plain, utter ignorance.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

Your meme posts stopped to be funny some time ago.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Exhaustion perks are not as game changing as the killer meta. They don't make the game instantly much harder, but helps only slightly in the moment. Exhaustion perks are like Brutal Strength or Enduring, a little time saving during the chase. Many of the killers are not hiindered at all by it. Lithe requires a vault, but what if you don't get to a vault in time? Balanced Landing was nerfed so it has no use unless there is a long drop. Killer Meta perks are guaranteed use. Automatically makes the game instantly way easier for the killer.

How is it fair for a Blight to use BBQ, Ruin, Tinkerer, and Undying against an average team? Every time I see it, "well, here comes another bloodbath".

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

the whataboutisms in this thread are not helping.. Even if you don't agree with the post at least try to stay on topic.

• Tekno_Badger
    Tekno_Badger Member Posts: 526

Agreed. Only Nurse and Spirit have a chance against any team on any map

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551

A killer is playing by himself, Perks are supposed to be 'Overpowered' - It's a 4 v 1 match after all and even then I totally disagree that it's OP it has counters that I won't bother listing since people have already said it. This coming from a Survivor main.

• meowzilla69
    meowzilla69 Member Posts: 408

Why are some people giving him the time of day?? You know he’s trolling.. is ignoring him really that difficult?? Don’t feed the trolls.

• baseballfan4877
    baseballfan4877 Member Posts: 364
    edited September 2021

oh, of course it is Sluzzy

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 645

This game won’t ever be fair because Killer FOV is limited whereas the survivors FOV isn’t... Because of the FOV killers actually does have to predict every move. They have to turn all the way around to see that someone is directly behind them. Survivors have a whole red stain during chase, AND sees the killer around walls. So they can juke, tell their friends, etc. Which makes it insanely difficult for the killer, and renders many perks useless. That’s why Undetectable fails. Someone on comms will see him trying to hide from the hook…

Why do you think every killer main loved Shadowborne/Monitor and Abuse?? Around the time those two perks began to malfunction did the killers begin to complain the most. Really think about it. Those perks were the best because that little intel from increased FOV gave so much to all killers. Especially Huntress, Myers Ghost Face, etc.

Surviors should have reduced FOV (Still larger than the killer), and have the same commands as Ghost Face. The way Ghost Face works is how survivors should work. They can crouch, and peep around corners. Like, actually hide and interact with everything around you. However like killer you can’t see directly behind you. Essentially the way a human can turn their heads back left or right is what survivors should see.

• Tekno_Badger

#wooooooooooosh

You're calling me a politician while you completely dodge my point and put words in my mouth?

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

Okay, so here we go again.

Let us start with the easy way: Ruin. I hate Hex: Ruin. That perk can just chill under a chair in Dead Dawg Saloon and ruin the entire game without any skill needed by the Killer. Here I must agree with you. Ruin does not reward skill at all, it is there and then it ruins your day.

Pop goes the Weasle is different. It requires skill from the Killer as it can only be triggered by hooking a survivor and going for a generator. Sure the combo with Tinkerer is mean but I would take a Pop over Ruin any time. The Killer has to work for his Pop after all and as such there is skill, quit the most important skill: Looping. A good looping survivor can deny the Pop.

Undying is fine. It is only a problem when paired with Ruin and I already talkes about ruin. Or do you realy believe that Undying/Devoure is on the same level as Undying/Ruin?

Now you complain about BBQ. I do not see anything wrong with that perk. BBQ requires Skill and rewards the Killer for not tunneling. If anything I would buff this perk in a way that encourages not hooking the same survivor back to back like "You loose a stack for a back to back hook". However the overall concept is fine and you can counter BBQ by going into a locker. That is a ingame mechanic, no perk slot required. Use it.

Tinkerer is also not a problem. It gets harder when combined with Ruin, but as I said: Ruin is bad. With Pop it requires skill once more and good survivors can deal with the undetectable quit well. Just ask a Ghostface player.

Also one of your assumptions is just false: Killer objectives can be delayed quit easy.

The perks doing this are called "Dead Hard", "Sprint Burst", "Deceisive Strike" and so on. Any perk that helps you in a chase means that you delay the Killers ability to get a hook. Not getting a hook means not progressing the game in your favour because you only generate pressure on one single survivor, leaving the other to go generators.

As such every looping perk is a game delay for the Killer.

And yes, you said something true: Sitting on a generator is the way to win. And maybe try to add some stealth to your gameplay. It is realy good to counter BBQ...a good stealth player can hide from you for minutes even thou you use Whispers...

Over all: Ruin is bad, yes. Ruin should get some change. However everything else is just complaining about the game having some difficulty to it.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Damn this thread is still not dead at this point.

• scarletxxx666
    scarletxxx666 Member Posts: 5

well hex ruin & undying are very powerful

but the problem is that high level survivors cleanse hexes asap

hex no one escapes death is extremely powerful i think

• Tekno_Badger
    edited September 2021

Again, you're ignoring my point. I said "any", not "certain".