An Anti-slug perk idea: Down But Not Out

Options

Down But Not Out

Even in the face of adversity you help others to overcome greater obstacles together.

While in the Dying State, you can heal other survivors that are in the Dying State at 75/50/25% of the normal healing speed.

"Everything's gonna be alright.. We'll get through this together!"

The idea is simple: you crawl to another slugged teammate and could pick them up even though you are slugged as well. I wasn't sure if it should have a healing penalty at all because of how niche it is but it could be pretty game changing if the killer gets too slug happy. Additionally one could use We're Gonna Live Forever with it to counteract the healing penalty.

Share your thoughts I'd love to hear them! This was just a quick idea I had since we don't have anything like this in the game yet. Even though it could be game changing I still feel that it's very niche and easily shut down by a killer just not going on mass slug sprees lol

Comments

• Tekno_Badger
    Tekno_Badger Member Posts: 526
    edited September 2021
    Options

We're Gonna Live Forever, Unbreakable, and Soul Guard are already anti-slug perks. This is just unfairly strong and literally rewards you for getting downed

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Survivors would have to crawl to one another to make use of it though making it easier for the killer to keep them all together and find.

"Rewards you for being downed" I supposed the same could be said for Unbreakable giving you a flat recover speed bonus while downed as well as the ability to pick yourself up once per match. What's wrong with a perk giving you positives when you're in a bad spot?

I know that there are perks already that help alleviate slugging I just thought this was a unique idea.

• Tekno_Badger
    edited September 2021
    Options

You could literally just get downed next to someone and then both of you get up, and there's no usage limit or parameters unlike Soul Guard and Unbreakable. But at the same time it's still too niche. It's boom or bust and both ways are too unbalanced in this case.

Post edited by Tekno_Badger on
  • JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707
    Options

I like it! :)

It will be a niche perk with good upside, which is good.

Remember, a lot of people thought Power Struggle was going to be OP. Same with Flashbang and Built to last, yet we rarely see them in game.

If you really run DBNO, UB and SG, then you are stuck with only anti-slug perks which is not good. There is nothing wrong with some variety of perks!

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,986
    Options

The parameter is being downed alongside someone else. It's one thing to get slugged yourself, it's another to get slugged with someone else in close proximity. Plus it's something the killer can anticipate "those two slugged survivors are crawling towards each other, they might have 'DbnO'!" Just like you anticipate UB and avoid slugging Bills, or you anticipate DS when a freshly unhooked survivor jumps in a locker.

So I don't think it's too strong of a perk, if anything I think it's a little too niche, but still an interesting idea.

• Tekno_Badger
    edited September 2021
    Options

You can't anticipate it when the best play with this perk is to get downed directly by someone else. Also, this perk still wouldn't compare to either of the aforementioned perks, so you're right, it is niche. It also doesn't make any sense from a canonical standpoint. How do you pick someone else up when you can't pick up yourself?

I think it's a perk that not only requires survivors to punish themselves in order to use it, but punishes the killer for playing well. I really like the creativity behind it, but I don't think it would work, and I definitely can't see BHVR going for it. Of course, that's true for 99% of community suggestions, BHVR just thinks they know best, so don't take offense to me saying that. It is a creative idea, I find it interesting. There's a lot worse ones out there

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    edited September 2021
    Options

It would force killers to hook if slugged are close to each other hmmmm.

I am not sure until I see it and see how it goes because sometimes I can't really tell if something will end up op or not. Just like devs can't.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    Options

This feels like another perk that might get severely abused by SWF's. It also puts a pretty unnecessary amount of stress on your teammates to always go down near you if you are slugged, an anti slugging perk should work primarily only on the survivor that has it equipped, so maintain the teamwork required of survivors. The anti slugging perks we have already do this pretty well. WGLF lets non-slugged survivors save their teamates, unbreakable lets you recover faster for quicker saves and lets you fully get up on your own at least once, and Soul Guard is infinite when a hex is in play, and lets you get up without risk since it protects you. The anti slugging perks we have right now are already quite nice.

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789
    Options

Ok, but you have the Broken and Hindered status for 16 minutes.

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046
    edited September 2021
    Options

Not a bad idea, but what I would like is a perk for campers that can slow the time while I'm hooked if he's camping so that my team have more time for gens.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,649
    Options

Actually adding the broken status if you get picked back up could balance it out maybe even adding a more beneficial effect to make it less niche like maybe increased crawling and pair it with tenacity and you can heal and crawl but if you get picked up your broken for a minute

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Thanks for the input everyone. I appreciate all of your opinions and discussion!

• KweenPlease
    KweenPlease Member Posts: 305
    Options

Maybe the percentages are off but, I like this idea.

I've always thought like " damn I'm downed but I have a medkit and this killer is just slugging. If only I could heal myself at a really reduced speed to injured state or something? "