Finally! SBMM! Anyone else excited?

Reasons I'm excited:

1. Wont have to do 4/5gens

2. Games will be more normalized

3. Allows me to play my weaker killers not at the highest level

4. Adepts etc. Mught become easier

I'm not actually going to hate this update, I wasnt lucky enough to get easy or free games for either side I played. It always felt the teams I versed as killer understood all tiles and was efficient on gens and then on survivor the killers always seems good. So for me all that would change is less bad teammates...

Anyone else excited? I know there so many negative threads, but honestly I feel they need a wake up call.

Positive is it allows a more accurate way to see balance points

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,212

Looking forward to not having to sweat so much as killer, and to be able to play my weaker killers, such as Plague and Demo.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,573

I, for one, hope to not be matched with freshly plucked spuds anymore.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

At least solo teams will be better. I doubt I will see changes as killer

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

I'm looking forward to it!

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

The last test, the one that was supposedly exceeding expectations, I played a killer I barely ever play and got steamrolled by survivors I would have struggled to play against on my main killers. This tells me my MMR baseline is way too high for me. Very much not looking forward to needing to play all 22 killers for multiple nights getting obliterated just to maybe have fun later. Overall very unhappy about this going live for good.

Survivor I frankly don't care enough either way, I don't solo queue often and my SWF group don't play seriously at all so we didn't see much of a shift.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Need to see it more. Last time I had mixed games like I always do.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

hopefully it'll improve survivor gameplay the last test actually made it more fun then killer definitely will be a survivor main again

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I am. I can't wait to get competent team mates again. Last test was amazing.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,180

I'm legitimately excited for this. It was a great experiment and I had some great games that were challenging yet fair. Also, I got a lot of confidence, seeing as judging by the caliber of players in my matches that my skill was deemed as high as they.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

I'm just hoping I'll be able to catch a break even now and then from Hivemind of Friends. I can beat them sometimes with my main but just facing them all the time gets so annoying so fast. Makes me not want to play DBD when it's only them game after game after game.

Ehh maybe with time it'll balance out but for now I wary that I'll enjoy my games much less.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

This game is not balanced for optimal play, and it never has been. The developers either know this and don't care, or somehow, in spite of all evidence to the contrary, are ignorant of this. Either way, those of you that are praising this change will learn soon enough.

DBD is not in a good enough state for any kind of serious, competitive play. The RNG nature of the game does not allow it to be taken seriously in that kind of setting. More importantly, when only a handful of killers can even perform against the best of the best survivors (and have even a slight chance of doing ANYTHING), you know you've got a massive balance issue on your hands.

This is fine. I was expecting the game to start a downward spiral eventually, I was just wondering what was going to cause it.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778

I'm totally excited for a third of my games to be against hackers, and for the rest of my games to be a sweat fest for me, while survivors just split up and hold m1 while listening to music and stacking up second chances. Totally fair. Much excitement.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,276

At least I know that I can throw once I get into the territory of sweaty Ruin-Undying Mega Blink Recovery 4 min. slugging Nurse.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

These are pretty much my thoughts as well. Great post. I'm sure the devs will look into balancing the game more if it's needed.

• Seraphor

So you only enjoy this game when you're shitting on terrible survivors?

• SirGando
    SirGando Member Posts: 374
    edited September 2021

Yes im also very excited. This game is so stale at the moment, i welcome SBMM. We cant know if it will be good in the long run, but i see alot of potential with this system.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

It might've been fun for you, but what about the survivors? Maybe they will fix it if it's needed. They'll have more info to go on. You never know :)

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

Games are miserable as killer. But yeah this is a good change for solo q survivors

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

I’m excited for it!! Hoping to have better games as solo which I did in the last test.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

It's gonna be pretty miserable. I like being able to goof around with survivors a bit. I'll miss that.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

I don't think every single killer who has experienced the same thing has been going against "survivors of lesser skill". I have gone through similar experience with the new match making. While survivor solo que was better it also hurt the killers experience if every survivor knows how to loop perfectly. I consider myself a good survivor know the basics and a good looper. Maybe you were set up in a low rank MMR and thats why you got good experiences but thats just an opinion.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

I'm so excited, can't wait.

• H1GHLVND3R
    H1GHLVND3R Member Posts: 138
    edited September 2021

If sbmm will prevent vegetables in my team, i will be ULTRA excited

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,221

The killer queues were only long in very first MMR test. you've linked scottjund video. Have you watched it?

One of the major points that scottjund makes in the video is that you will not be facing very top 5%. In his words, he describes as facing 2 good players and 2 bad players.

This actually normal. See, top 5% of players is actually very shallow. there are not many of them. What occurs is that you will be facing 1-2 players in top 5% and 1-2 players in top 80-95%. I was laughing a bit at that point because in let say top 15% of survivor is still really good.

It means there are a lot more killers that are viable than you think there are. If every killer except nurse is miserable for you on every single game, than it means your one-trick player which will give you one-trick high MMR on that killer. I think you still need to play killer well to have 50/50 chance of winning against 1-2 5% and 85%-95%, but victory is possible. Its just harder because your no longer facing potato players.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I don't think people who dislike SBMM need "a wake-up call", but i am glad to also see people who would enjoy SBMM.

Excited? Ehhhh, i don't get excited for things staying how they are, which is what happened in my case with SBMM.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    edited September 2021

I like being able to get easier killer games after rank reset, because it's the only thing that makes the more ridiculous tome challenges tolerable/feasible. With SBMM, that goes out the window.

I hope they compensate by making all challenges easier/more pedestrian, without high bars or weird specific perk requirements.

Also, those BP rewards are pathetic. 250k for getting to rank 1? Yeah, add another zero onto that highest-end reward, maybe. Why is Behaviour so frigging stingy with BP?

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I play 3 Killers. Nemesis, Blight and Wraith.

I can't play Nurse, she makes me motion sick and I play on Console.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

I'm looking forward to it. There are so many killers I haven't touched because at the rank that I'm at I would be getting sweaty matches over and over again.

• Seraphor

That's never been possible with rank reset because everyone gets deranked, so you're still facing the same level of players, who play extra sweaty to climb back up to the rank they were previously. Unless you stopped playing for a week to let them all catch back up, in which case, you ended up being barred from the game for a week, so there's no good result there. Rank resets have always been a nightmare.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

I'm patient, so yes, this has always worked out fine for me. I tend to mostly play survivor these days anyway, and I leave my killer play for specific challenge-guided stuff.

• PlayEvilDead
    PlayEvilDead Member Posts: 91

You will eventually have to wait around 30 minutes for a match though unless you're a complete potato or can endure the tedium required keeping potatolo

• Weasdat
    Weasdat Member Posts: 143

Your entire argument is named around the falsehood that the game is balanced. Everyone including the devs knows that great survivors beat great killers every time.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited September 2021

Looking forward to it. Over the long-term, will I regret that? Very possible, but time will tell. For now, I'm looking forward to the release.

Disclaimer: I'm definitely a low-to-mid tier Killer. I've never sweated for the 4k (it's a whatever) nor been a meta-slave. I just play to run around as Myers and other icons. If I lose, I lose.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    edited September 2021

So, if we do things your way and assume the developers completely understand the situation regarding game balance, particularly between the best survivors/killers, here's a question I pose (more to the community at large than anyone specific):

Are we ok with the idea that a high level killer will only ever be able to secure an honorable defeat at the hands of the best survivors? At best, they might win 2/10 games, and that seems generous.

Nobody will want to play a role where, at its highest level, it's relegated to "you lost with honor, but played well." For those with a competitive mindset, that alone is enough to vacate this game.

• Devil_hit11

I read your previous post in another thread as you said you were only able to play Nurse and Spirit, I am sorry.

You will play vs survivors of your skill-level on nemesis, Blight and Wraith. If you do not enjoy playing killer, than you can happily play survivor.

• Pulsar

Which is precisely what I have an issue with. It was extremely unfun to play those Killers because when everyone is good at DBD nobody has fun.

I probably will stick to Survivor. My matches were fun and we won a lot.

• Devil_hit11

Untrue. You were not having fun as killer. Survivors were having fun.

I do agree, survivor is fun. If your good, you'll be winning more often now from having more solid teammates instead having to carry teammates.

• Pulsar

I'm definitely getting carried as Survivor.

I know my role, which is to do gens and last ~ 30 seconds in a chase.