There NEEDS to be a way to disable/hide charms

I really think it's overdue to let the players choose weather or not they want to see charms. These cosmetics can absolutely kill what atmosphere this game has left. It is especially a problem with killer hooks that can look like the discount rack at a dollar store and are present ALL OVER the map.

Since I've been playing again, nearly half of my matches (I am not exaggerating) have had killers with the gay pride flag on their hooks. I am playing as a character confined in eerie and derelict areas, but this very noticeable charm makes them all look like they just hosted a gay pride event. It really affects how I see these areas, the killer and my overall immersion.

I'm not attempting to regulate what other people use, I do however want this control over my own experience.

Comments

• SmellyGoat
    SmellyGoat Member Posts: 14

Lmfao unbelievably based

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

I hardly ever pay attention to them

• RangerDanger
    RangerDanger Member Posts: 21

Disabling charms because you don't want to see the Pride flag doesn't come across as a very positive suggestion but, I can understand your point. However, disabling cosmetics just for your screen will never work. That's not how the game is designed. Its similar to other games with the use of skins and it is a synonymous request with the ability to keep everyone default on your screen, unless that is what you are trying to argue.

People pay money to obtain charms and cosmetics, so why are they going to sensor it out because it interferes with your immersion of the game? That doesn't make sense. I dont personally run charms on my survivors, but I enjoy running it on my killers because I think it looks cool. It doesn't affect gameplay and doesn't affect how you play around a killer.

So censoring charms just for your screen doesn't make sense to me.

• DbD_Enjoyer
    DbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 459

Why don't you play killer, remove all the hooks charms and kill all 4 survivors? I'm sure you won't be able to see any charms once they are all dead...

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768

Can't you just... like.... you know.... unequip the damn charms before the game starts? lmao

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Am gay.

Me too, the amount of rainbows i have to see in the game is too much

• theplaggg
    theplaggg Member Posts: 267

There are way more killer and survivor cosmetics that break the atmosphere. Why shouldn't we be able to disable skins first since they are more distracting?

• Tricksters_Wife
    Tricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545

I-

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

what the hell is this lmao

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

I mean sure. I guess that would help with console optimization a very small amount so I'm cool with it. Don't think using the Pride flag as an example was a good idea though. Maybe you should have said like the Gnome or something.