Swarms shouldn't disable dropping survivors.

Options
Raihje
Raihje Member Posts: 72
edited September 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

You can't drop the survivor, you can't down anyone, you can't hook either, you're just wasting all this time just to eat a stun so the survivors all disappear, instaheal, and do it again lol.

I don't care if one survivor wants to take a protection hit, or wants to bodyblock the hook and delay the hook a little bit. But since they lose collision and you can hook, you should also have the option to drop the survivor as well.

That's all I'm asking. Please, let me drop a survivor when it's so clearly a swarm of bullies looking for a stun they can chain into flashlight and/or pallet (since there's nearly infinite of both anyway) and disappear.

Literally just spun and spammed my drop survivor key and was held hostage until stunned by survivors, real engaging gameplay being held hostage any time I dare to pick anyone up. Sure, I could run Agitation + Starsruck, but then I'm giving up the gens because I'm not running Corrupt + Pop + Tinkerer or some variation, and having to dedicate half my build to a bunch of ######### that might be 1 out of 5 games is pretty stupid.

Yet another instance of BHVR choosing to release niche useless perks to address a problem that shouldn't require perks or be a problem in the first place lol. (Hilarious animations of Mad Grit aside, I guess)

Comments

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

Survivors cant do gens and bodyblock at the same time.

Also if you had used Agi+Star you just run to the gen they're working on and hook them there. They can't bodyblock, they cant work on the gen, they cant save without immediately being downed, and if they want to work on a different gen they have to abandon the hook and run across the map. Now you have a hook and a gen to pressure with and the survivors are in a difficult position.

• Raihje
    Raihje Member Posts: 72
    edited September 2021
    Options

Sure that might work on Nurse, Spirit, Hag, and other killers that can actually follow up and down people, but aside from the "already benefit from starstruck" gang you're basically just forfeiting half your perks for the situation and delaying hook saves (if you camp, which is dumb) for like 30 seconds.

You're missing the point anyway, idc if people want to take protection hits or delay a hook, I care that I have absolutely zero agency in the matter unless I bring 2 or 3 perks specifically for that situation which is just completely absurd to even suggest is a solution against 2-3 people blocking at a time.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

It's really frustrating the way hitboxes/collision work in this game. I keep having issues dropping my items as a survivor and I'm not sure why, if it's the terrain or what. Numerous things can prevent me from dropping a survivor as killer. Because of the way the animation needs the killer to back up a millimeter, a survivor crouching behind me can stop me from being able to break a pallet, damage a gen, hook someone, or open the exit gate. There's no good reason for that to be a thing, it just lets survivors act douchey to annoy the killer.