Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Chains make it impossible to solve the box

airii
airii Member Posts: 41
edited September 2021 in Bug Reporting

I believe this is a bug because u cant ever solve the box when the timer is already full. The chains wont let u do it, I think it would be much better if the person trying to solve the box (and only during solving) to be immune to the chain event. I was trying to do it like 5 times, getting interrupted in the middle before he teleported to me.

And what's more when killer knows about it - that u cant solve it as chains are interrupting u - then he can just casually walks towards unnoticed as he has the time (because he knows u are not gonna solve it so he just walks instead of teleporting which would instead cancel the event) so the chain event is still happening and he can eventually get the box (which makes the game continue when box respawns) so u are pretty much stuck with the random chains the whole time... I srsly hope this is just a bug and not intentional.

Also today I played two games against Pinhead and both times game lagged for all of us (I assume) and we got disconnected. When we were against different killer, the game went smoothly till the end so maybe this is something related to Pinhead as well.

Post edited by airii on
9 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,206

You CAN do it but it takes many tries. The killer was occupied when I tried it, but when I finally could do it, because the chains didn't let me, he teleported.

• lucidlux
    lucidlux Member Posts: 56

I had the same problem, I was trying to solve the box and kept repeatedly getting interrupted by the chains, there was not enough even close to enough time to solve the box.

• airii
    airii Member Posts: 41

Yep, I solved it in the second game against him but it was in swamp so I hid behind trees and was lucky that the chains spawned on the other side and missed so I was able to do it, but otherwise u can't until he teleports. As I said I tried 5 times when he was about to hook someone and couldnt finish it, it always interrupted me so he had plenty of time to teleport to me which I dont think is how it should be. U have to do it before the timer or be lucky enough that the one chain misses.

• Attckcat
    Attckcat Member Posts: 59
    edited January 2022

This is still an issue, especially lately. I know the chains spawn in threes, but the groups are spawning so close together I can't tell when one starts and another ends. By the time I get a chain off me, the next group is starting. I basically sit there extra long, starting and stopping the box until the cenobite has plenty of chance to teleport or just straight up walk over to me.

I thought there was supposed to be a fix so that the chains stop as soon as you try to solve.

Perhaps this is why he's still at the top of the win%?