The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Pinhead update suggestion

Pinhead has great design, handclap to the devs! But some suggestions for him to be more consistent so he can play as awesome as he looks!

The cenobite's gateway has a nurses blink mechanic, but it doesn't deal damage. A survivor can just vault. The cenobite then has quite the cooldown from just using the gateway and this creates lots of distance. This is fine.

After the gateway is summoned, the second chance to juke (a non damaging strike without fang unlike nurse who deals damage with this same aiming) the cenobite must fire a chain with poor turning which gives a survivor another chance to dodge. If this connects, the slow down is less than clown who doesn't have to be as precise in terms of duration. The clown also has an aoe that's hard to miss.

Maybe the chains need to last longer or be more durable. Breaking due to the environment can happen over vaults and it kills any gain. The cenobite loses ground and the reward is often not there. The reward of aligning everything perfectly isn't great, nurse has a greater reward for the same aim mechanism. Clown has more rewarding slowdown.

I believe chains need to be made more durable at base or rework add ons. Similar to demogorgan, some addons just need to be in base and the add on reworked. Perhaps the aura Reading or spawning chains when an environment breaks them should be built in due to how easy it is to escape for the difficulty in landing hits.

The box is a great mechanic, but as a survivor I find myself holding it hostage so other people can do gens still. I'd constantly do a gen (spine chill or moving camera reduces oblivioud status into nothingness) and when I get hunted I'd still do the gen or go from locker to locker. If someone gets down I'd leave the locker and solve while the cenobite carries. Removing the team pressure is still very much rewarding. I do this and survivors do this to me.

Thanks for the great design of the character!