The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

A Pinhead Buff That is Reasonable

I am still a firm believer in the strength of Pinhead and slowly I am seeing more people see his strength and understand how good he can play, BUT I do still know his m2 can be inconsistent. Here is the thing though, a flat increase to remove the chains isn't needed in my opinion. When chains actually work, they slow down fairly well, but the environmental and your own destruction can be so punishing against you for no good reason. When Pinhead gets his stuff to work correctly, he can be extremely strong, making stuff take longer wouldn't help that. However, there needs to be a buff in that area. My suggestion is the changes that follow.

Right now, when chains are broken by either Pinhead, the environment, or other survivors, it will respond that one chain after about a second. This doesn't work at all. The passive chains already have a tough time spawning, and making them spawn not instantly means the survivor could break them, and dodge them. First, just remove the ability for pinhead to break his own chains. Then, the only suggestion I have for this is 1) For every one chain broken not by the survivor's hand (walls, teammates), 2 more passive chains will spawn instantly or 2) for each chain broken not by survivor's hand, 3 more chains will spawn with a delay in between them (about 1 second in between). With this change, environmental breaks are still a strategy survivors can use, but it is risky as they will start getting bombarded with chains for the next couple of seconds.

This is the change I think would really help him in his weak spot, and would even help his strengths even more where he is already strong.

Comments

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

I wouldn't mind the duration of chains staying the same as long as uncontrolled chains had a bit of tracking so they actually took some effort to dodge or if the chain were unable to break on environment.

Although I wish the addons that make possessed chains go further instead made chains break more slowly.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

I am actually ok with the range addons. The chains have other uses than just the anti-loop, they are a great interruption ability. Longer range means the box solver will have a rough time escaping. I agree though, his main weakness is environment breaks, I think just spawning more chains would be really scary and help a lot

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

The more I play against Pinhead and the more I play Pinhead, I'm pretty sure he's a solid B tier killer. I would like to see his gateway and chain distances be increased by about 1/5 of what they currently are now.

• Lochnload_exe

Yeah as number 1 pinhead player (I have given the title to myself) I have amazing matches with him and the creativity and range of moves you can do with him are great. The more posts or comments I see on the forums about people realizing he actually isn't that bad make me laugh so much, I said he was pretty good and no one believed me.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
    edited September 2021

The longer gateway cast ranges are fine yes, Im talking about the ones that increase the range of the chain itself. The addons only add like 2 and 4 meters respectively to the chain and the chain moves so fast that time is like 1/10th of a second longer, they are completely useless, even if you could hit a survivor with more than half a brain cell at that distance.

I believe the gateway ranges are 8 and 4 meters respectively and actually have some use, even if its not very good. Those are fine.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

While I wouldn't mind getting some minor changes to improve PinHead. I'm afraid that He'll be overbuffed and we end up with a pre-nerf Freddy.

• Lochnload_exe

Oh yeah agreed, the actual chain length addons are pretty useless, I think they could be turned into addons that maybe increase the chains that attack the box holder?

• Lochnload_exe

Oh fully agreed and that is what I have been saying this whole time, his kit is pretty good and if he gets over buffed like people are suggesting, he will get a lot of hate fast. I think this change I proposed would help him though, don't make chains harder to break, make it where it spawns more over time on the survivor if they decide to go for an environment break.

• wayneradiotv
    wayneradiotv Member Posts: 26

The passive chains from breaks are so depressing. They ONLY hit if they are aimed down a straightaway the survivor is running through. I feel like they should aim like the extra chains you get from landing a possessed chain. If they almost never missed, even if Pinhead could break his own chains, there would be situations in which you could intentionally break a chain, get a hit, and have the extra chain land during the survivors speed boost. Your idea would also work... god, I'd take anything.

• Lochnload_exe

Honestly that is the idea I was going for. Having 3 extra chains spawn in a little interval after a wall break would add a little choice to survivors. "Do I break them myself but risk him getting closer, or environment break them and risk having a bombardment of extra chains coming after me?" It would add to his uniqueness, but since the ai chains are fairly easy to juke around, it would be a fun intense pressure for the survivor but still being helpful without just a base increase to break them like some people say, that would be awful lmao