Perk Lockout Roations

SimonSkinner
SimonSkinner Member Posts: 24
edited September 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I had an idea about something I was curious as to the community opinion. What do you people think of having a random series of perks get locked out every week? There would be some that get locked out by category i.e. exhaustion, hexes, aura reading. This would theoretically force people to play something different and deviate from their comfort zone and imo make games more interesting. In this case, there are weeks where killers and survivors are simply forced to run something different. No balancing involved, just switching things up. This game gets very stale when you see the same stuff day in, day out (dead hard, ds, ruin, undying) and it would be a mechanic that doesn't target a role in particular. Sure there would be some weeks where a lot of survivors lose what may be a corner stone perks and killers don't, but to me this game is at its most fun when it's chaotic and this could add to that. What are everyone's ideas about this?

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

People would just use the next best thing

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789
    edited September 2021

Drop it to daily and say two entirely random perks each side locked

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886

I can't even imagine the posts we'd get to see if Decisive Strike or Borrowed time were taken away for a week.

• That doesn't sound fun to me, if they want more perk variety then they need better perk balancing and designs. So many perks are simply just bad and it's not hard to see why. Why would you use a perk like Buckle Up over something like Decisive Strike. They just simply do not have the same value. Maybe the solution could be to redesign the loadout, like maybe some perks would take up less than one slot.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,236

Could work as a daily ritual or a challenge. Instead of " use perk x" it's "don't use perks x y or z"

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
  • Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,710

Incentivizing players to try something new will always be healthier for a game than preventing them from using certain features. In a way the tomes are already kinda doing this job, but it would be nice to see something that isn't just something where you have to use a perk once and then never again.