24 matches losing streak... and finally an escape (with video)

2»

Comments

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Not saying you are being untruthful, but this video does not prove you had a 24 loss streak. You made it sound like you got whooped ever since SBMM came out, but you obviously pipped some as you were Ash II. Yes I know you can pip without escaping, but again the video proves nothing. Did you not record the two matches - loss 22 & 23 before this match as well? If so.. why didn't you show those two losses and then your escape? I am always skeptical of selective "proof."

If it is true - that sucks, but it is also not the normal for the vast majority of players. I played 27 solo survivor matches the other day (each survivor one match) - The only "meta" perk I used was Borrowed Time which helps my teammates and not me. Of those 27 I escaped 16 times and was given the hatch twice. Prior to SBMM I was a rank 1 survivor for 4+ years. I don't think I am a great survivor by any stretch of the imagination - average sure MAYBE slightly above average. The worst I have SEEN was a streamer friend who played around 15 matches and only escaped twice.

• Jasonisanicefella
    Jasonisanicefella Member Posts: 377

I don't have all the videos because I wasn't expecting this to be a thing. I posted the video when I finally escaped as an average match.

All my matches since Tuesday were similar to the one posted, in that regard the matchmaking was consistent

• Jasonisanicefella
    edited September 2021

It is my impression as well, gens are never popping.

For the looping: thank you :) you are right, I need to improve the pathing. It is just that sometimes I try to slide on a structure and it's like it is sticky and it slows me down and it annoys me when it happens hahhah

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

If you played more selfishly that probably wouldn't happen.

Not saying you should.

• MalEducado
    MalEducado Member Posts: 139

if you cant escaped in 20 matches, that means you are horrible as a survivor, like 90% of this game

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 810
    edited September 2021

Regarding the pip thing: I think it takes about 10 pips (maybe even less, not sure) from Ash IV to Ash II, and you can pip with only 9 emblem points. Also in the old system you couldn't lose a pip in grey ranks (I don't know if they changed that with the grades though) so I don't think Op's Grade contradicts their story. To me only earning 10 pips in allegedly 23 games in grey ranks kinda supports Op's story because that is not a good quote.

Imo the video that OP posted shows pretty clearly what the problem is: Op's teammates, who are obv not on the same level.

Also, good for you, that your matches are going better but I don't see how that's supposed to help OP.

• Jasonisanicefella

Same here, I didn't pip a lot because I died quickly in most matches, and I didn't show the previous match because I played like garbage and I lost ALL my chases to a tunneling, yet competent Legion and I was embarrassed to show it hahahah

Tbh I don't see why I should lie about me having my butt whopped left and right XD and I am not even against the MMR system, I just want to have a bit more fun when playing dbd and manage to escape at least 1-2 times during my 7/8 daily matches.

It isn't really unreasonable and it is always been like that in the past

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 416

Eh, I can understand the OP. I was exactly in his position prior to MMR. I had a death streak of 17 games, then I escaped one, followed by another streak of 16 deaths.

I am playing this game since console release day and while I'm not the most talented player, before they started muddying up the rank system my solo escape rate was usually between 75-85%, so while I lost some games because I did something stupid, it's unlikely all those games were my fault.

Interestingly, MMR works for me (I'm probably somewhere in the middle since I rarely encounter any tryhard killers anymore which were previously in almost every game). I get good teammates and challenging killers, so far I'm happy with the win/loss ratio, in fact I win more again than I lose, and the games are more fun and thrilling on average than before, even if I lose, so I don't mind the occasional bad game not thet much anymore.

Sadly it doesn't seem to work for the OP.

• Jasonisanicefella

I heard that some people have a really good experience with it, it might be region related? I am in UK, EU servers how about you?

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 416
  • SonicOffline
    SonicOffline Member Posts: 917

21 times in a row? All I can say there is that you're the common denominator.