Dropped items due to ragequit/DC’ed Killer?

Options
General complaint: It’s unfair that the game penalizes a Survivor for a Killer abruptly ending the game, intentional or not, by dropping their carried item(s). The Killer coveted “Quitter Bonus” as a consolation to the Survivors would also be a nice equalizer as well, same rules should apply.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

Its unfair that the game penalizes a killer for survivors abruptly ending the game, intentionally or not.
    The survivors get 5k BP EACH as compensation for a kilelr ragequit and keep their items but killers only get 2,5k for ALL DCs together and lose all their stuff

• thrashed2pieces
    thrashed2pieces Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Master said:

Its unfair that the game penalizes a killer for survivors abruptly ending the game, intentionally or not.
    The survivors get 5k BP EACH as compensation for a kilelr ragequit and keep their items but killers only get 2,5k for ALL DCs together and lose all their stuff

This is definitely not what happened. We did get BP that we already earned in the course of the match it seems, but items were definitely dropped for no reason two matches in a row. Forgot to mention I’m on PS4, this may be an issue that was patched already on PC? Just a thought.
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Master said:

PS4 doesn’t. We lose everything we brought, all points earned, and sometimes the prevoius games data. Devs said they don’t care

• thrashed2pieces
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

PS4 doesn’t. We lose everything we brought, all points earned, and sometimes the prevoius games data. Devs said they don’t care

#dev #communitymanager This is a real thing, please don’t leave an entire platform hanging.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options
    Master said

This is definitely not what happened. We did get BP that we already earned in the course of the match it seems, but items were definitely dropped for no reason two matches in a row. Forgot to mention I’m on PS4, this may be an issue that was patched already on PC? Just a thought.
    Your items dropped on the floor without the killer using Franklins? 
    Sounds like a hack to me, I hope you got video proof to report this 
  • thrashed2pieces
    Options
    Your items dropped on the floor without the killer using Franklins? 
    Sounds like a hack to me, I hope you got video proof to report this 
    No no after the Killer left the match at the wrap up screen. The Killer is tallied at 0 bp, but I don’t know if the game detects an intentional DC or a bad connection kick. This is on PS4, it’s easily reproduced if you can set up a KYF.
  • Aerys
    Aerys Member Posts: 179
    Options

The simple solution to this is as follows;

If a killer rage quits/disconnects during a match survivors should be refunded their items, offerings, and keep all points they have accrued from the match. Awarding them points isn't sensible however as their time isn't being wasted in any way.

If a survivor rage quits/disconnects during a match they should lose all their points, items, and offerings as is already the case and everyone left in the match (survivors and killer both) should be allotted 2000 points for the hindrance/lost potential points from the match. Items and offerings however should still be used up and the match should continue as per normal. Finally, one generator (perhaps one that is the least progressed) should automatically start to make up for the expected work of the person who left.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

Show me where they said they don't care or stop making ######### up.

• thrashed2pieces
    Options
    Aerys said:

The simple solution to this is as follows;

If a killer rage quits/disconnects during a match survivors should be refunded their items, offerings, and keep all points they have accrued from the match. Awarding them points isn't sensible however as their time isn't being wasted in any way.

If a survivor rage quits/disconnects during a match they should lose all their points, items, and offerings as is already the case and everyone left in the match (survivors and killer both) should be allotted 2000 points for the hindrance/lost potential points from the match. Items and offerings however should still be used up and the match should continue as per normal. Finally, one generator (perhaps one that is the least progressed) should automatically start to make up for the expected work of the person who left.

Honestly the ragequit/DC compensation is secondary to the no warning “f$&k your item, thanks for playing” moment we get each time it happens, and it’s without a doubt an unintentional side effect of that. It’s a code thing where it’s being registered as a loss for the Survivors, PATCH IT PLEASE!!
  • Jack11803
    Options

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

Devstream 100~

• Orion
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

Devstream 100~

Direct link to the statement?

• Jack11803
    Options

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

Devstream 100~

Sorry, although I should, I barely keep track of which devstreams stuff happened. I just remember vague things. Like howling grounds took place in the 80’s and 90’s

• Orion
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

Devstream 100~

Sorry, although I should, I barely keep track of which devstreams stuff happened. I just remember vague things. Like howling grounds took place in the 80’s and 90’s

You should go check it again, because human memory is unreliable.

• Jack11803
    Options

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

Devstream 100~

I should, but I don’t feel like going through hours of footage. I guess throw away my statement, but remember they know it’s an issue and haven’t addressed it for more than a year?

• Orion
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

Devstream 100~

I should, but I don’t feel like going through hours of footage. I guess throw away my statement, but remember they know it’s an issue and haven’t addressed it for more than a year?

Which is not the same as saying they don't care.

• Jack11803
    Options

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

Devstream 100~

Which is not the same as saying they don't care.

I’m well aware, but I can’t prove it so the statement is thrown out