Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

[PC] Generator completion sound not playing consistantly

Brokenbones
Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,168

Description of the issue: It's hard to fully describe but I've noticed that while I've been playing survivor there is this weird inconsistancy with the generator completion sound, I think if a survivor is not looking in the direction of the generator when it's completed, It will not play the global 'generator completed' sound that it's supposed to. It shows the 'loud noise' notification and the generator bubble but no sound.

I am unaware if this is affecting the killer side of the game.

Steps to reproduce: The best way to test it would likely be having someone go to a large map and complete a generator while another survivor has their camera turned in the complete opposite direction

How often does this occur?: Hard to say but I've seen it at least once in a lot of my games as of the recent hotfix.

7 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• TheSoulWizard
    TheSoulWizard Member Posts: 15

This happens to me as well regardless of being killer or survivor.

Im 100% sure that it's because of the recent "fix generator sound when switching between the twins or specteting players" bugfix.

Devs probably muted the sound resulting into some generators not playing the "repaired" sound at all.

Im sure this bug needs more info in order to be acknowledged and fixed. I don't think a video will do it.

• Megaris
    Megaris Member Posts: 105

same. they literally make a new bug whenever fix a bug.

• Andii
    Andii Member Posts: 6

I've been noticing this the most while playing killer (though I'm pretty sure it also happened when I played survivor). Weirdly though, for me it seems to only consistently happen when the second-to-last generator is repaired (so in other words, when there's only one gen left afterwards). On all other occasions, the sound has been playing just fine.

• Andii
    Andii Member Posts: 6

I think just muting would only be a likely explanation if the sound NEVER played since the update.