I don't think the Spirit Nerfs should be implemented.

Options
Toxicboii
Toxicboii Member Posts: 446
edited September 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Lemme explain.

The Spirit is a 110% movement speed killer. So she relies on her power more than others.

Her power recharges slowly without the help of addons.

She has high mindgame potential, still requiring lots of experience to understand how to use to one's advantage, similar, but not exactly like, the Nurse...

And her power can assist in catching survivors off-guard by reappearing in unexpected places, making it harder to loop her.

Taking all these stats she has into account, why was she considered a strong killer in need of a nerf? And why is the survivor given 2 ways to know where she is accurately, when Spirit herself isn't given any accurate source of information on where the Survivor is?

Comments

• FentV1rus
    FentV1rus Member Posts: 112
    Options

She is strong because her add-ons give her no counterplay. You are left with a complete guessing game. With addons that decrease activation time and others that give varying amounts of speed, it's impossible to know exactly when she will come out of her phase. If none of her add-ons affected the timers on her power, she would have a lot more counterplay because her phasing time would be the same, every time.

• Toxicboii
    Options

Then why not nerf the addons instead of the power itself?

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 354
    Options

I think just the sound being added to the PTB is a good thing. Adding the visual of the dirt might have been too much but just the sound? Still means there is mind game potential since you don’t know exactly where she’s coming from but you aren’t totally in the dark either. I think it’s a blessing that they couldn’t get it to work in time because the sound could be enough and there’s no reason to add extra unnecessary nerfs to a killer if they aren’t needed. But I do think she needed SOMETHING. Before there was no way of knowing where she was or where she was coming from and it wasn’t fun to verse.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,622
    edited September 2021
    Options

20 seconds isn't exactly a slow recharge time for the 2nd best ability in the game.

Also no accurate source of info? Do sounds and moving foliage not count? Am I just the luckiest man alive to get that happening and it's actually an incredibly rare bug?

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 606
    Options

I actually feel the opposite when I remember that a lot of players are console players playing on TVs with no headsets. Directional phasing noises might genuinely have no impact for them because when the sound is coming from a box 8 feet in front of you, direction tends to get a little less specific.

• Toxicboii
    edited September 2021
    Options

It's too subtle that's being the issue. The survivors (when the nerf that applies her kicking up dust is applied anyway,) are about to be given 3 ways in total to identify where the Spirit is if they all take place at once. The dust, the foliage rustling, and the directional phasing.

The need to give survivors extra ways to see the Spirit is still unwarranted since they're given the exact same ability to see where she's coming from by looking at the foliage.

Both the Spirit and Survivors are given the accurate information that is the foliage during phasing, and only the Spirit (and survivor with certain perks) can see scratch marks and still hear noises. Both of which are good for rough locations of the survivors, not *exact.*

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,782
    Options

She doesnt have a slow recharge.

She doesn't have high mind game potential, and without a doubt doesnt have require lots of experience to understand.

She is given relatively accurate ways, although when going over triple the survivors speed and in full control, she shouldnt be able to know exactly where survivors are. These accurate ways include:

• Breathing
    • Grunts of Pain
    • Foot Steps
    • Grass or any other rustling noise
    • The vaulting of windows or pallets
    • Scratch Marks

And that's only taking into account things inside the chase (so not finding someone healing, doing gens e.t.c).

• FentV1rus
    FentV1rus Member Posts: 112
    Options

Don't know why my post got deleted with no notification.... Here is what I said.

Her addons make her impossible to predict. With addons that decrease activation time, and others that give her varying amounts of speed, it is impossible to know where she will end her phase. It is a complete guessing game. If none of her add-ons affected the timing on her power, and her activate, speed, and duration were always the same, she wouldn't need any changes. This would be silly though, because then she would really have no add-ons of value.

The audio queue I think is the perfect change, because you know when she is phasing. Right now good Spirits can fake a phase start, and survs will have no idea. The audio change allows for some degree of counter-play.

As far as the footsteps, I think they would be fine as well, but we shall see how things go.

• GoodBoyKaru
    edited September 2021
    Options

So am I the only one that noticed the part of the dev update where they said they would monitor feedback from PTB and live because the footsteps aren't being imemented just yet, and if the directional Audio queue is enough they won't be imemented or..?

(also she doesn't move foliage. One of the things under the footsteps is she can hide it in foliage.)

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

Should be the survivors that kick up dust while Spirit is phasing. 😎

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,479
    Options

Considering the complaints about the Stridor nerf, you'd think that the sounds of footsteps, Survivor breathing, scratch marks and blood trails don't exist.

Without injured grunts that can be heard from 20 meters away, Survivors are basically invisible!

• Toxicboii
    Options

"Yet". I'm technically assuming the worst here, but I'm all for the idea that the Spirit shouldn't be given too many indicators on where she is.

And please do show me a video of a Spirit not moving around the Foliage. I clearly remember the opposite being true, but I'm more than happy to be proven wrong in this regard if it means I can make a stronger argument.

• Toxicboii
    Options

Spirit can't see blood trails without the use of a Pink Addon, though....

And again, hearing the direction of the footsteps, breathing, and other noises give you rough indications on where they are. Not exact indicators.

• GoodBoyKaru
    edited September 2021
    Options

I don't have any spare footage outside of this video until I get home and can test it in a custom on my pc + switch so for the moment this will have to do.

I don't know if it contains her phasing through foliage or not, but it's the only video of facing a spirit I actually have.

• Toxicboii
    edited September 2021
    Options

Ok, so I watched a video, even if it's outdated what with the removal of in-phase collision, I wholeheartedly understand why the Spirit is hated, called OP, and why this nerf is needed.

The lack of input.

Call me dense if you want if you've been trying to make this point, but the Spirit lacks ways to help the survivor make an educated decision. The reason why she's hated is because the actions they make is not based on facts, but on RNG. On lady luck.

There's never a guarantee that the action you take is capable of avoiding the Spirit. She's called OP for that reason I believe.

I'm still against the idea of the dust being kicked up, but I'm more lenient on the directional phasing. The tools the survivor has is too vague for them to notice where the Spirit is.

I'm still against BOTH of the nerfs, but just making her able to move the goddamned foliage (was recently proved wrong), would give an indicator to survivors, and reward them for paying closer attention to their surroundings. Make it so they felt like they had the chance, and were punished for not paying attention for that, instead of punished for playing the game due to the previous lack of clues.

(The directional phasing made her weak during the PTB. It's why it was removed in the first place. Dust kicking up is harsher than directional phasing.)

Sorry for the trouble peeps, but at least I understand why it's happening, and what the arguments are based on.