Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

PC - leaderboard/endscreen bug

Endscreen bug, this is the first time I've seen it, but I will reply to this post if I see it more than once.

The image attached shows what I saw after clicking continue when my match ended, survivor information was bugged and the controller overlay was still overlapping the normal overlay before I clicked on continue. After clicking on continue, it darkened everything as pictured below, and would not move back to the main menu, I had to force a close on the application itself through task manager. My killer info (addon's, points I earned, etc.) was fine and the chat was working, but after clicking continue, they are gone as pictured below. I did not have a controller plugged in before, during, or after my match.

I was playing [Plague] with my add-ons being [Black Incense and Blessed Apple], and my perks were [Infectious Fright III, Corrupt Intervention III, Hex: Huntress Lullaby II, and Hex: Undying] and I did not bring an offering.

Is anyone else seeing this bug?

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Sirperior
    Sirperior Member Posts: 7

Been having this bug since I wanna say mid chapter patch after Blight released or right around the time Twins came out. Haven't made a post on the forums about it since I've just learned to just deal with the bugs DbD has to offer unless they're game breaking. Been checking the forums now and then to see if anyone else was having this issue and it seemed to be only affecting me, that is of course until I saw this post.

From what I've gathered after dealing with this for months (at least for me), it seems to happen more so in my survivor games but it does still occasionally happen on killer as well. It is completely random and I have no idea how or why or what causes it to be bugged out in the end. Can't replicate it and all of the obvious fixes like validating integrity of game files have done nothing. Even uninstalled both DbD AND Steam, re-downloaded them, and have still been running into this issue. There is zero way to leave the end screen aside from task manager, or a force quit or something that just requires the game to be closed and restarted. It can happen on my 1st game of the day, 2nd, 10th, or never at all (though that is much rarer). Even tried getting a friend to invite me to a lobby and they just straight up could not. Clicking continue, upgrade, select a challenge (for the rift/tome), going to the 1st end screen page to click on "progression available", anything you can think of, it can't be done. And weirdest thing is I can still type in chat and send messages assuming the auto disconnect after 'x' amount of time has passed hasn't happened yet. See for yourself:

I click on upgrade and "progression available" and they just get greyed out yet I remain stuck. Happens regardless of the map, on any survivor or killer, with or without console players, with or without cross play enabled, with or without a DC, it happens no matter what whenever it wants to. Only saving grace is that this doesn't happen after every single game. Seriously, keep bumping this until somebody notices cause this'll keep happening and although I've learned to deal with it, it is still fairly annoying. If there is something I am somehow overlooking Devs/Community Managers/Staff etc., please let me know. I'd love any solution to this really annoying bug.

• Sirperior
    Sirperior Member Posts: 7

Just got this bug again just now so it is still occurring. Bumping this cause would love any solution to this if I can fix it on my end or if it's just a bug that BHVR/Devs need to fix at some point. I'd provide a screenshot, but it would be the exact same as the above except for having all my teammates being console which isn't a factor.