We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Whats the point of legions power?

Gamedozer7
Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,656
edited October 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

You can't down Survivors with it and they can out run you so I don't really see a point to it? I've been trying to level him up because I want his perks and I figured ill play some games as him. So I need some tips or is he just that bad?

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• Gamedozer7

I've heard he was bottom 2 but I figured people were over exaggerating. You can literally out run him before he can hit you it makes no sense and when you do land a hit you have to leave the chase.

• DbD_Enjoyer
    DbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 459

Some killers were made with the sole purpose of providing memes for the community.

Legion is one of them...

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

If he wasn't before, this upcoming patch will set that argument in stone.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,879
    edited October 2021

Any remotely competent survivor will simply run as soon as they hear the heartbeat approaching and easily outrun the frenzy. Legion's power is probably the only power in the game that doesn't help down a survivor.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651

I know you don't have much love for the current state of Legion and have many good reasons to think so, but I really don't think its fair to call them the worst.

The Legion is certainly a low tier killer, but the ability to injure the whole survivor team in record time with deep wound on top should not be scoffed at. The issue is that in the grand scheme of things, Legion does not have much than that to offer, and suffer against really good survivors once they are injured. But what M1 killer doesn't, really ?

I personally think its even harder to hide from the Legion than it is from Doctor, and they excell at finding the weak link in the survivor team. Plus the nature of Feral Frenzy give them a few unique synergy with some perks that don't really work for other killers.

There is some value to the Legion's kit, its just that they are hampered by too many restrictions imposed on them when they where reworked and some really bad add-ons.

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069

Legit Elo Booster. U chase everyone, give them all free altruism and chasing points, quit, every single survivor is happy.

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526
    edited October 2021

You receive: 1 stack of PWYF on command if you have not hit a survivor in 20 seconds.

I receive: Watching you eat a 5 second stun regardless of your performance with an ability that can't down a survivor.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987
  • Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

But even they have abilities that can sometimes help in a chase, and Pig also has her slowdown (however weak it usually is). Legion pretty much has nothing against good survivors. His addons are also outdated.

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 784

So slap on Ruin and chase them off gens. Free slowdown.

• Stryker
    Stryker Member Posts: 220

legion's power concept isn't bad, the real problems are:

1) the power duration is too short, it should last longer OR recharge faster

2) in my opinion, deep wound is the main problem, it's extremely easy to heal and the bleed-out timer stops if a survivor start running or healing,... that's the problem because after hitting a survivor, no matter what, if they keep running, deep wound is basically useless....atleast it counters the gen progression a bit.

deep wound hsould be completely changed(atleast for legion).

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Good survivors scatter as soon as they see the mend icon by their teammates' names. You'll never chain hits if they play it right. Them you've gotta trudge back over to the injured person and try to secure a down as a powerless M1 killer.

They're fun. I main them. But they're awful.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,013

You're right, there's no argument to that at all, and that's why they need some buffs IMO.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285
    edited October 2021

You get to run slightly faster for 10 seconds and not waste a perk slot with tracking.

Edit: you also get to play as an edgy teenager, a category 95% of DBD's playerbase seems to consist of.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Oh boy.. The Legion.

What a mess of a killer. His basekit is doomed, no matter what they do. He will be either overly annoying / oppressive like the original version or simply a weak and still unfun killer to go against (and also often to play as)

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

When the planets align, Legions ability is to hand out ass-spankings like a champ. Just "good game" with a knife and move onto the next Survivor. At the very beginning of a trial, you can have all Survivors wounded, and one slapped on a hook before the first gen even hits 10% completion. This is when the planets align, however.

Normally, Legions ability is VERY situational, and requires the player to essentially know where everyone is, and recognize when they are close enough to hand out drive-by-knifings. Furthermore, more than most other Killers, Survivors will do their best to keep distance from Legion so as not to hand them the use of their power, and will scatter from each other constantly to avoid making Legions power useful. This is the single hardest part of playing Legion: Everyone knows their weakness.

Now, against Survivors that trip up and in the right hands, Legion is slightly stronger than most will say. This DOES NOT make Legion secretly good, just a bit better. Legion comes with MANY techniques that are not listed on the label. Similar to using a knife and a garden hose to fix a car, it's possible to get extra use out of Legion that wasn't intended by design. Also like using a knife and a garden hose to fix a car, these are sub-optimal methods of accomplishing a goal that work much better on Killers designed for them. As a quick example, Legions power is mostly useless against a single target, save for the quick injury. However, if you don't see another target after hitting the first, you don't JUST follow the person you hit. You watch where they are going and cut them off. Body block the door or window they were going to use. Maybe use them to drop a pallet on your head to bypass Legions fatigue. Now, you just squeezed a bit of value out of Legions power that isn't really advertised.

There's a lot that goes into playing Legion well, and even if you do everything you can, it's mostly going to come down to utilizing the fundamentals of playing ANY Killer well while working around a kit that doesn't give you much, but can be twisted a bit to make a few things work.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

Basically this. If you’re chasing a strong looper, just Frenzy hit them and go after someone weaker.

• Gamedozer7

This has been my 5 game experience and I don't think I'll play them again honestly. I'm not a great killer so I would rather not handicap my self.

• steponmeadiris
    steponmeadiris Member Posts: 225

go fast, stab people