Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Define Win

4 kills = Killer win ( Domination )

3 kills = Killer win ( Victory )

2 kills = Tie

1 kills = loss

0 kills = loss ( Entity displeased )

4 escapes = Survivor win ( Domination/ Entity displeased)

3 escapes = Survivor win ( Victory )

2 escapes = Tie

1 escapes = Victory for solo / loss in group

0 escapes = loss ( Entity satisfaction )

Note: I was playing halo and I kept hearing Domination so now I can't stop hearing it.

Comments

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

That's how I also think of it. The problem is that Survivors despite being a group don't benefit from equal success or failure, it's almost a 1v1v1v1 vs 1 Killer at times. I understand why this is, but it is still a bit odd is all.

• LegionMainsRCute
    LegionMainsRCute Member Posts: 25

This won't work because during Rank Based Matchmaking it was shown that escaping was harder than getting kills, this basically means it's easier for killers to win than survivors if you count kills as wins. This is why MMR is largely imbalanced with lots of high MMR killers yet few high MMR survivors.

• SwampViking
    SwampViking Member Posts: 34

I see pipping as the most useful way to see if I win, not escaping. You can literally do nothing, escape and depip. If i die, but was able to obtain enough to gain a pip, whoop I won.

• Nomadd
    Nomadd Member Posts: 167

That's maybe how it should be, but survivors are not being treated as a group, by themselves. Killer sees them as a group, but they see themselves as four individuals, that's why this system is utterly stupid. Because it allows you to do literally nothing, not help your team and escape and your personal victory will be counted as a victory. It doesn't matter if you don't help your teammates, you escaped, kudos.

I always look at points and that's my factor whether I won or lost. I treat the game like it's a 'match' with the Entity being a judge and giving us points. But if I had to put victory to something, I'd say the more gens you do as a team the better (with escapes being like a 'huge bonus') and hooks count towards victory, with kills being a 'huge bonus'.

I realize this is probably not what most people would agree on, but personally, if I go and sweat my ass just to escape at any cost... it's boring after one game.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

Well they did and it was as dumb as I could have expected

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

I would be fine with just escape / kill, if survivors were treated as a team (everyone gets same), but it is really bad as individual rating.