The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Censorship in End-Game chat

Bearded_Owl
Bearded_Owl Member Posts: 60
edited October 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I see it as one of 2 ways, either remove censorship from the end game chat or just remove the end game chat!

What is the point in having a system where half of the words you enter get blocked due to a poorly designed censorship system?

In my last game I wanted to question my teammates reasons for t-bagging at the exit gate...what got sent was "why did you ################# gate"?

I mean, it's so poorly done. The game has an 18 rating, can we just be done with this crap system.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

I think there's a middle ground, I think this system is just far too overzealous. I get the idea, but it's misguided- all this system needs to censor are outright slurs and maybe a few specific insults, even most curse words are probably fine. Even still, if it only censored outright curse words, that wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem.

Short version: I'm on board with having people trying to call me the n-word or the f-slur censored, but there's no need to expand it to innocuous words.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

Lol i feel like the forum website has it done better though its probably the same system

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I have never seen normal phrases censored here. Pretty sure it is a different system for whatever reason.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

so called four letter words, slurs and common 1337 alternatives are all that's needed and yet words used in the game are blocked.

it's a joke of a censor

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

they should just remove end game chat

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Or make it as an option to censor your chat or no. But that would be customizing ingame setting and we dont do that in this game

• yummymarshy
    yummymarshy Member Posts: 36

You can’t even say half the characters names damn this is somehow worse then roblox censor.

• Talibowy
    Talibowy Member Posts: 13

Well this game is a trash, so what do you expect? Soon there will be few premieres of good games so this trash called "dbd" is going down

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,199
    edited October 2021

It's great when "why did you ######### on first hook?" becomes "why did you #### ##### ##### your mother ####!"

edit: it even did it here!