Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Ingame chat box should be disabled

Kevinnnny
Kevinnnny Member Posts: 29
edited October 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Since is basically sensors anything you type, even "Bond", a perk in the game at this point, there's no point in still having it.

Comments

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

What about option to disable that filter instead?

I usually like to chat with survivors.

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

Streamer I was watching the other day had "Hawkins" censored when he was talking about the map to one of the survivors.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

You can't type kill, in killer game.

I think Yun-Jin is also censored.

It's funny when forum has better filter than actual game...

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

I think the censor filter they have in game is actually hooked up to a dictionary and a random number generator. Every time it detects a word it rolls a number, and if the number matches that words place in the dictionary it gets censored. The only explanation

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

why would you ever add ability for opposite sides to communicate? Post game chat is the second reason why community is so toxic. Look at world of warcraft. They created language system for opposite sides to make sure they CAN NOT UNDERSTAND each other because blizzard knows how toxic can people be. Yeah let's just keep post game chat and censor half of the words (censor is easily avoidable btw)

Delete post game chat or at least give us settings option to turn it off without ability to turn it on again in lobby and make it turned off by default

• snek
    snek Member Posts: 180

censoring is bullshit

imagine getting offended by toxicity in 2021

they should enable in-match chat for survivors

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

An option to disable the chat box for people who don't want to see it won't impact the game that much, so I support that. I don't think removing it entirely is the right call, though.

Just fix the profanity filter, it wouldn't be that hard.

• Caleegi
    Caleegi Member Posts: 410

How about we just disable the filter instead? I cant have a normal conversation with it