Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Idea to improve MMR

disclaimer, this my opinion

based on information that surfaced MMR is based on whether you escape or not as survivor and the mmr score of killed survivors for killer.

I think it should keep those but also track other things

• For survivors: it should track score for each category but also surplus points, so even if a category is maxed the the actions related to a certain category are still tracked.
  • Killer: it should track hooks and gens completed (have the gate count as a half a gen) .

I don't think perk should be taken into account for two reasons.

1. If you get tougher opponents for relying on a build/tactic that's on you
  2. There are too many variations, for examples: a killer who uses ruin a lot wont always win because of it. (a game where it spawns close to a survivor) or a survivor who never gets to use Dead hard because of many tools that can prevent its use.

Comments

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

I don really mind what they do for survivor as theyre just skins at the end of the day. I understand their motivation behind 2k/2esc and cant really argue with them too much...

The issue I could see with tracking hooks/gens or anything else to killer would be that it would just be a metric for your basic ability and understanding of killer mechanics. It wouldnt really determine your ability with that specific killer?

I dont think the system we have is all too great but I cant think of a better/fairer way to fix it?

My main gripes is how your individual killer MMR seems to have been based off your highest killer, not counting if you ever even played the other killers before...