We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Infinite match loading...

Options
dreamsy10
dreamsy10 Member Posts: 142

Platform: PC

* Searched match as Nurse, found a lobby, ready up and then i got loading loop / infinite loading, happened 2 times in row, and had to close the game with task manager.

The screen stays like this, it keeps "loading" but nothing, and I waited like 5-10 minutes already (second time).

106 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• dreamsy10
    dreamsy10 Member Posts: 142
    Options

L:E:. It seems that after i press ready and the match begins to load, after 2 seconds immediately it returns me to lobby with error "you have been disconnect from the host"

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,876
    Options

Me too I’m experiencing this issue to

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,234
    Options

If you're on PC, please can you get me your logs for this issue?

1. Press Windows Key + R to bring up "Run". 

2. Type this in the "Run" prompt: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Logs 

3. The file called "DeadByDaylight.log" is your log file. Please attach it in your reply.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,876
    Options
  • Szarman
    Szarman Member Posts: 245
    Options

Same problem when I try to play Legion

• Sammeh
    Sammeh Member Posts: 11
    Options

Same problem here.

• maestro68192
    maestro68192 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Here is the Log

• e_j2007
    e_j2007 Member Posts: 130
    Options

same here on xbox. just dbd working perfectly on update launch day.

• RogueNOTH
    RogueNOTH Member Posts: 55
    Options

This problem was also in PTB, but they didn't fix it

• Quink
    Quink Member Posts: 53
    Options

4-5 minutes? I've waited for 10-15 minutes 3 times now. Forcing me to hard quit the game and take a DC penalty. That's on top of the DC penalties i got from boon disconnecting me several times. The game is unplayable atm. Typical Behaviour. Patches are meant to improve the game or at least it does for all other developers. Behaviour somehow manages to f stuff up more each "update".

• domriver
    domriver Member Posts: 139
    Options

Having the same issue

Platform: Switch

• TheOptimiser
    TheOptimiser Member Posts: 138
    Options

Happened to me and my friend as well, but we didn't get any penalty when we re-entered the game... We both closed the game via Task Bar...

• Barney_rp
    Barney_rp Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2021
    Options

Had this issue once

Plat: Steam

• FeryGEN
    FeryGEN Member Posts: 627
    edited October 2021
    Options

I'm Steam/pc player

The same problem, I thought it was just me

At the same time, it seems that you are losing an offering, I have not looked about add-ons, because I have a lot of them

• Ostrich
    Ostrich Member Posts: 8
    Options

PS4

Have been forced to close application several times. Can't get into a match as killer.

• Tomie3213
    Tomie3213 Member Posts: 38
    Options

I've noticed this only happens to me when there is a Mikaela in the match.

• HybridLPangel26
    HybridLPangel26 Member Posts: 118
    Options

Ps4 currently been waiting half and hour and still in lobby and i play with no crossplay

• Mitsui
    Mitsui Member Posts: 74
    Options

The same thing happened to me, the game did not load, however I was waiting a little more than 5 minutes approximately, too much for a loading screen.

• ItzPixelYT
    ItzPixelYT Member Posts: 613
    Options

This happened to me on Series X loading in on Saloon

• ACEvHEARTS
    ACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 403
    Options

Game has had hanging load twice tonight and has crashed (dashboarded) twice. Out of like 10 matches, with long wait times (5-10 min) on top. About to shut it down and call it until fixed.

Xbox One X, playing as Mikaela.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    Options

Got the infinite loading screen on Switch while playing killer. It hung there for a long while before the game completely crashed.

• callumbnks
    callumbnks Member Posts: 12
    Options

Also experienced this on Xbox One, takes about 10 minutes to load into a lobby and as soon as it starts the match its an infinite loading screen until people disconnect. Then immediately after it plays a game crash sound repeatedly until u close the game.

• PinkslippedT36
    PinkslippedT36 Member Posts: 1
    Options

To everyone with this issueon console, just out of curiosity what model was your console? I have a classic Xbone, i just took it apart and cleaned it out then rebooted it and still have the infinite pre game load sreen.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    Options

PC, Steam here. I still have the issue (7 AM CEST, Wednesday).

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,450
    edited October 2021
    Options

Happened to me also on Xbox One X. Played Trapper first game infinite loading had to restart. Second game crashed in the end. So I'm not going to play until these things are fixed because I can't relax playing the game knowing it can crash at any time.

Oh and the survivors brought Resident Evil map offering in the infinite loading game, so perhaps that map is a problem again who knows.

• renee09173
    renee09173 Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2021
    Options

It is 11:01 P.M. pacific time zone and I waited approximately 11 minutes JUST to get into a party. Then I am stuck sitting here waiting for a loading screen... I've been in this screen since 10:56 P.M. I am a steam player, the Devs supposedly tweeted it was fixed but it is not.

It normally only takes me a MAXIMUM of maybe two minutes to get into a party and then maybe a minute for the loading screen.. Ridiculous with this update. :\ But nothing can be done until they really fix it.

Btw my platform is PC/Steam

• Merkaronisalad
    Merkaronisalad Member Posts: 1
    Options

Same issue here. Platform is PS4. I lost my only bloody party streamers and as a result a lot of bloodpoints. This is disheartening

• EXPERIMENTONGOD
    EXPERIMENTONGOD Member Posts: 36
    edited October 2021
    Options

I can confirm infinite loading screens and also crashes when healing inside boon totem areas.

BHVR this is a major disaster you need to patch this FAST or roll back the update.

The game is unplayable I will probably have to uninstall and ask for a refund on the DLC

• entitysbreakfast
    entitysbreakfast Member Posts: 126
    Options

I am having this same exact problem but I am on PS4. This is the second time in a row. Matches were fine at first I don't know what happened.

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801
    Options

Same on switch as nemesis

• entitysbreakfast
    entitysbreakfast Member Posts: 126
    Options

Update: 3rd game loaded in fine, then disconnected over halfway through the match. What is going on?

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,349
    Options

I don't know if this is a coincidence or not but it only seems to crash during loading when someone is a Mikaela. I know that perks can be "killswitched" now. Can survivors too?

• FeryGEN
    FeryGEN Member Posts: 627
    Options

I also wanted to write that for the survivors this has never happened to me, but for the killers, this is every second match

• Winchester89
    Winchester89 Member Posts: 85
    Options

Will be a coincidence. A friend and I tried it in a private lobby. Meg without perks and trapper without perks. Still, we're stuck in the loading screen.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786
    Options

Also happening on ps5

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 434
    Options

At first I thought it was people DCing but it's happening too often now.

• centipede
    centipede Member Posts: 3
    Options

Same problem every match as killer (hag)

Platform: ps4

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,618
    Options

I don't think maps are the problem. I had a long loading screen and we finally loaded into Autohaven.

• Mogul
    Mogul Member Posts: 14
    Options

just dropping into give my "me too", seems pretty random as to when it happens but I waited 10+ minutes multiple times and nothing came of it, has been happening more matches than not as killer although I did not encounter this within 4 hours of playing survivor, only the boon totem crash

• Sabofleur
    Sabofleur Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2021
    Options

Also having the same issue when playing as killer vs. as survivor. I've been consistently having 10+ minute loads since the update dropped. Issue seemed to occur regardless of what killer I was playing or what map I encountered.

Platform: Steam

Edit: Tried revalidating my install to see if that would resolve the issue. It did not.

Edit 2: Added the template and also experienced the 10 minute load screen on survivor.

Edit 3: Did a custom game with two friends with me as killer, the loading screen still persisted. Added another log after this instance.

Edit 4: Issue seemed to partially resolve itself after attempting over and over to play a game as killer.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Play as Killer or Survivor in a public match.

Step 3 : Wait to see if the game loads.

Step 4 : The game either begins, takes 10+ minutes to load, or goes to the end of match screen (with one or more DCs) with possible crash on continue.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

• Experienced with: Hag, Nurse, Meg Thomas

Post edited by Sabofleur on
  • pejii
    pejii Member Posts: 79
    Options

today I had nearly 20 games with 2 infinite loadings, I had almost 0 on 100s before the latest patch.

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830
    Options

Yup, same here on PC

• domriver
    domriver Member Posts: 139
    Options

small Update:

Switch - Played around 8-9 Pacific time. I played as new survivor. Twice got in with no problems using her new boom perks.

Played Killer with 2 mikalea and game went just fine.

However, Prior to playing like at the start of 8am i experienced 2 infinite loading screens. I closed the game twice from there. Lost my offerings and addons. After that got to play 4 games fine.

Is this random? Just happens when it feels like it?

• Zuphest
    Zuphest Member Posts: 18
    Options

Got stuck in two infinite loads in a row

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,134
    edited October 2021
    Options

Been happening to me and my friends since yesterday. Playing right now and just minute ago our loading into the game crashed, after waiting for 5 minutes.

Edit...we gave up on playing. People kept crashing + the loading screens before match just wouldnt go. This all is happening on PC for us.

Post edited by Hannacia on
  • darksouls3600
    darksouls3600 Member Posts: 230
    Options

Same problem here on Xbox, this days dbd is Just...

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,450
    Options

Probably not but thought they need and want every info they can get to understand why the game crash or have infinite loading screens etc.

• Pip
    Pip Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2021
    Options

Same here. I've been having this issue sporadically, almost every other game. By the time I make it to the results screen, 1-2 people seemed to have disconnected (not me), which is normal but the loading screen usually doesn't linger for this long.

Use their template, people.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Play as Killer or Survivor in a public match.

Step 3 : Wait to see if the game loads or hangs after Offerings screen.

Step 4 : The game either begins or takes 5-10 minutes to resolve a DC issue / crash.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

• Experienced with: Trickster, Mikaela Reid

Post edited by Pip on
  • TF_Ryuu
    TF_Ryuu Member Posts: 76
    edited October 2021
    Options

Fix this issuse