We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Should Boons be 'only used once per match'? (UPDATED)

2»

Comments

• luv2splge1488
    luv2splge1488 Applicant Posts: 11

All the survivor mains saying its fine I just wonder how they would react if hexes were able to be lit again. Surely they wouldn't be outraged... Surely.

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510

Probably agreeable if it took 14 seconds as well to destroy them.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Is be okay with this. Snuffing boons just *feels* bad and pointless. You hook a survivor, snuff a boon nearby or that you saw during chase and a new one's lit on the other side of the map. Boon whack a mole is supremely unsatisfying.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

I love these threads; the bias shines with some people. Let's turn a new Survivor perk into a tool that benefits The Killer: let's make everyone exposed! Lol, Why not change Hex: Haunted Ground to provide a 7% Haste status effect for the duration of Exposed?

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited October 2021

If survivor snuffs out the Hex totem, killer should get to replace it at any open totem, or snuff out the survivors and replace.

Either way, not sure why survivors get infinite uses, get the choice of destroying the totem or just snuffing out the flame, and picking any location.

Where as killers cannot pick, it's a one time, and cannot destroy the totem but only snuff it out.

I don't even run Hex perks sometimes, I would prefer to be able to also destroy totems as well, instead of just disabling it until the survivors feel like putting it back up.

It's already 1v4, why give something else for the killer to take care of?

Why do the survivors have so much more control over the realm? Entity out here boutta get clapped by a clicky boi.

• 1miko
    1miko Member Posts: 268

honestly people feeling alright about having a complete safe zone where to run after being unhooked likely free of worked on generators is a complete ######### situation for the killer. Like you're holding a 3gen or half of the map has it gens done the other half doesn't. You're not going to check as a killer a zone without objectives unless you're dragged there and that's usually a bad call. Being able to think rationally enough to see somewhere in the map has a blessed totem where you can reset all the time and the killer might not want to follow you there because whoever blessed that totem probably did it there because there aren't any objectives for the killer in that zone is just such a strong move given to survivors killer nowadays feels just like a sweat fest at any level of gameplay if you want to get some kills down.

• KnotEnthusiast
    KnotEnthusiast Member Posts: 464

Let each totem be booned once. Each survivor gets 5 uses of their boon perks, but have to be smart about using boons in strong locations lest killers snuff the totem and deny that location for the rest of the game. Survivors get plenty of use from their perk, but killer actually has meaningful counterplay besides "just ignore it", or "walk to the other end of the map 1000x"

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,215

From a 50/50 perspective, there's no bias to any side. Just that as they stand they need changing a bit from both perspectives considering as survivor they make the game boring for me, and as killer it's frustrating. Where's the bias?

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

No they are fine how they are… “ just do bonessssss”

• LiquidPhat
    LiquidPhat Member Posts: 40

No

• coolmacc
    coolmacc Member Posts: 70

No. Killers stop complaining you’re a bunch of crybabies when you’re not allowed to get an easy 4K every game .Git Gud

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    edited October 2021

I don't think they should be only once per match. Realistically, Survivors have no way to prevent a Killer from snuffing a Boon. Losing 1-2 perks when you had no way to prevent it wouldn't feel good and Survivors would probably just... never use them. Likewise, nerfing the effects wouldn't be all that good because you have to spend time to set them up... potentially multiple times. They have to be more powerful than always on perks that give similar effects. For example, Circle of Healing needs to be numerically stronger than Self Care or Botany Knowledge.

So how do we nerf it without butchering it? Honestly I think the Devs had the right idea when moving from PTB to Live but just didn't go far enough. After all, a drop of 4m of range adds 1s to the opportunity cost of using it in the form of the Survivor running back to their safe zone. The Current range of 24m is probably too strong. A range of 2m so you basically have to hug the totem to get the effects would almost certainly too weak. That means that there's a number between there somewhere where they'll be roughly balanced. Obviously I have no idea what that number could be. My gut read once I realized that the announcement basically said that Boons would have a limited range was 8m but that might be too small. Honestly I'll be happy if in the next Bugfix/hotfix patch they nerf the range by another 4m... reevaluate, then nerf another 4m if necessary and continue that until they find the right number.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

Nope. "Just do bones", as they say!

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

How many times? Infinitely, you say?

It's almost like this equivalence doesn't add up. Odd.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

Not enough benefit?

If you take both Boon Totem perks for a 14-second investment you give all the other survivors Distortion, Lucky Break and an infinite med-kit. How can you call giving the other survivors an effective 6 perks + a free item in addition to any item they may have taken that can be renewed infinitely "not enough benefit"?

Oh wait, it's Sluzzy.