Infinite Loading Screens

Options

Comments

• Lord_Xylum
    Lord_Xylum Member Posts: 104
    Options

Update: Just got into an Xbox-only lobby and am now in an infinite loading screen. I guess scratch the crossplay-only theory.

• Impose
    Impose Member Posts: 400
    Options

Literally 3 games in a row infinite loading. new survivor. running fixated, sprint burst, kindred, shadowstep

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 543
    Options

Happened to me twice loading into a match. Solo, no invite, on PC but I THINK all the players were console (Crossplay tuned on). Happened as both survivor and killer.

• KingLeoDes
    KingLeoDes Member Posts: 17
    Options

Survivors will dc if in offering selection they see a secret from killer or a white ward to attempt to force the user to lose item if not their friends offering due to 3rd party vc

• FeryGEN
    FeryGEN Member Posts: 627
    edited October 2021
    Options

10 of my last matches

Trapper

Infinite - Ironworks of Misery (didn't record survivors)

Infinite - Suffocation Pit (didn't record survivors)

Loaded - Midwich (Meg, Meg, Claudette, Nea)

Loaded - Mother's Dwelling (Kate, Leon, Bill, David - all pc players)

Bubba

Loaded - Gideon (Cheryl !cons!, Claudette, Meg, Mikaela)

Loaded - Lery's (Meg !cons!, Mika !cons!, Mika, Laurie !cons!)

Loaded - Wreckers' Yard (Meg, Claudette, Claudette, Meg)

Infinite - Coal Tower (Jill, Jake, Dwight, Jill)

Plague

Loaded - Lery's (Dweet, Dweet, Feng, David - all consoles)

Nemesis

Infinite - Gideon (Meg, Meg, Zarina, Nea)

• voelkl
    voelkl Member Posts: 12
    Options

Happened on 9 games out of 12 attempted games last night, we gave up trying to play in the end.

• We were a party of 2, it was loading into the game that we got the infinite screen.
    • Had to task manager quit the game after 10mins of loading.
    • Playing nea
    • On steam
    • With cross play enabled.

Thank you

• 1bella_donna_
    1bella_donna_ Member Posts: 3
    Options

Happened to me 3x's earlier this evening on my ps4, and i got error message 500 on two if them, and the 3rd i actually had to close the game

• Photocleric
    Photocleric Member Posts: 11
    Options

Playing on Xbox One

Happened when I try to enter a match as killer (Yesterday was Demogorgon, today is Nemesis).

The loading screen takes 10-15 minutes and it ends with 2 or 3 survivors DCd.

Last time it took 7 restarts and an hour to fix it, 5 this time.

Nothing in common in both matches except that I was using Undying on both killers.

• KingLeoDes
    Options

Here’s my help this is my experience groups will intentionally sabotage a hunters experience if they see an offering from the killer and a solo survivor doesn’t offer an item

• renee09173
    renee09173 Member Posts: 9
    Options

I survive with friends, so we are a team of FOUR. We have only played approximately two matches since 9pm Pacific Time Zone. Between the first two matches we were stuck in the loading screen for about five minutes before our killer left and it sent us to the main menu. We are now on our FIFTH attempt because we get stuck in the loading screen between 5-10 minutes before someone leaves. We haven't been able to get past the loading screen to enter the actual game for about 30 minutes.

Also, earlier I was doing solo-q and out of my 10ish matches, about 6 of them we were stuck on loading screens after everyone and killer ready up.

Sometimes after waiting about 15 minutes on a loading screen it loaded, but that was with my solo-q and I included that in the games played because EVENTUALLY it worked.

From what I've seen there is nothing contributing to this issue other than you all adding Hour of the Witch. I, PERSONALLY (don't want anyone to be offended) feel that Hour of the Witch was not ready to come out of PTB because of the bugs/glitches it still had. That is when the problems started for everyone. I am a steam/PC player and it is frustrating I can't even play. I have tried turning off cross play and playing with cross play, it happens both ways.

• prxto
    prxto Member Posts: 1
    Options

been trying to play for the last 2-3 days (PS4) and this has occurred and not even a restart of application will fix it.

After 2 games of killer or survivors with crossplay the game loads into lobbies, however as soon as the match begins I’ll be put in a 10-15 minute loading screen just to be disconnected or to have to restart my game. For now the only solution I’ve had is to play 4 games then wait a few hours and play more. If it helps at all, it usually occurs more frequently on killer AFTER I’ve changed my add-ons or brought up the loadout menu. Thanks and hope you guys can get this sorted out soon.

• Killer_NPC
    Killer_NPC Member Posts: 36
    edited October 2021
    Options

Played about 10 games without any issues and now it happened again.

PC , Crossplay On, SoloQ only

1. It's not related to maps because it happened on maps that loaded normaly
    2. It's not boon totem or new survivor because I played a game with new survivor having boon totem and game worked fine
    3. It's nor related to crossplay , played with it on and off and on both it was sometimes infinite sometimes normal

It may be related to some perk but its hard to tell which one

What I noticed is that when loading screen first appears and the red entity "saving" on mid top appears the game loads normaly , but when it doesnt show that red entity saving thing then it is infinite load. (not before the game starts but right as the loading screen appears, because obviously it always appears right after load is over and game is about to start)

• DaddyFatSacks420
    DaddyFatSacks420 Member Posts: 183
    Options

Happened once last night to me. It was taking forever loading into a match as the trapper. I’m on ps5 playing the ps4 version with cross play enabled

• Pravacy
    Pravacy Member Posts: 1
    Options

Steam platform.

Usually after 2-3 games of no trouble, the infinite load into the game begins. I haven't had any trouble with it as a killer, its usually when I'm a survivor (solo que).

Sometimes I have to restart my game, or someone in the lobby "disconnects" and then the game just ends automatically.

• MedicSpirit7
    MedicSpirit7 Member Posts: 689
    edited October 2021
    Options

Happens to me as both killer and survivor when loading into the map from the ready up lobby. After I restart the game I can’t get into any match without it saying “disconnection from host”. Cross play on

• PsychoSe7eN
    PsychoSe7eN Member Posts: 5
    Options

Every game I spend more time on loading screens than playing the game.

- entering the game

- infinite happening more frequently recently, have to reset the game

- both pc and Xbox with cross play enabled

Loading in this game is the worst. Most days it's 80% of my time spent loading and 20% actual game play, esp if the game ends quickly

• HeyItsQuiet
    HeyItsQuiet Member Posts: 359
    Options

Solo survivor, crossplay on, Xbox series X. Everyone readies up, but the loading screen prior to match just stops shortly before 100% or at full load bar. It's about every 2-3 games, intermittent with Disconnected From Host.

• Trust_me_Im_a_Doctor
    Options

Had a couple matches that wouldn't load tonight, SWF once with a crossplay friend and SWF a 2nd time with 2 other non-crossplay friends.

I wonder if it is that people aren't updating their inventories- replacing the items that got removed, changed or disabled with the latest updates.

We used to have our inventories cleaned out after certain updates but we haven't had one of those in a while. Would making the affected items/perks unequip fix it?

• Hael_803
    Hael_803 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Playing on steam pc with cross-platform turned on. It happened when loading into a match, I was in a party and playing as a survivor (Mikaela). It happened to us a couple times and we'd have to force close, but end up losing a tick on our rank progress. :(

• cheeseyboy
    cheeseyboy Member Posts: 1
    Options

Someone burned a Haddonfield offering and I was stuck for 5 minutes. I wouldn't say it's exclusive to offerings, since I notice the infinite glitch in about 1 in 5 games. It's random, but definitely reoccurring. All survivors (including myself) were on PC, the killer was on console. I was stuck loading into the match, and found was put into the lobby through matchmaking. Thanks for working on this and best of luck! It's frustrating for us but I'm sure equally as frustrating for the devs. <3

• KingLeoDes
    Options

these were back to back as hunter both with white ward active and the person who dc returned his item to refuse my offering because he disconnected

• GrumpierCentaur
    GrumpierCentaur Member Posts: 1
    Options

Yes I play as both Survivor and Killer frequently and I have to say I play the killer side more but it doesn't seem to matter which side of the game you choose to play Survivor or Killer.

Earlier today when I was playing I experienced this bug for both Survivor and Killer at a sporadic pace in games.

I played Survivor with friends and invites were just fine and loading into lobbies for both Survivor and Killer

The issue would only occur after players a ready to load into the game sometimes just loading all the way on the progress bar but never loading

These infinite loading screens happened to me between 3:00pm - 9:00pm yesterday October 21st 2021

I'm playing with Cross Play on an

XBOX ONE S

• Cucti
    Cucti Member Posts: 3
    Options

Im an origional xbox one player with crossplay on. I would say 1/3 of the time I will get a infinite loading screen (the loading screen is the one after the offering burn screen, so the very last one before you get into a match). No other load screens have an infinite one for me and I have never experienced any types of crashes. After around 4-5 minutes i close the game, making me lose all offerings and add-ons i bring with me. This has happened to me more freqeuently as killer than survivor, but maybe i'm just getting luckier as survivor. All other players would have to wait the long 4-5 minutes just ot get booted out the match as i inevitably disconnect. Very annoying, happens 1/3 of time. Has happened to me multiple times in a row too which is just painful lol.

Thanks for looking into this problem.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    Options

PC. Steam.

It only happens when I played Survivor, the loading screen to enter the match. I've done a dozen of Killer matches and I had no issue to enter the match.

• entitysbreakfast
    entitysbreakfast Member Posts: 126
    Options

It's happening every game or second game for me as killer when loading into a match initiated through matchmaking. I am on PS4 and I have cross play enabled. It literally just happened to me as deathslinger but it's happening with different killers as well. When the bug happens it also consumes an offering which sucks. Please fix.

• KingLeoDes
    Options
  • entitysbreakfast
    Options

@KingLeoDes I am not sure. But I will pay attention to the offerings now. Good point. Weird tho.

• SloppyVoldemort
    SloppyVoldemort Member Posts: 452
    Options

I think I found something, don't know if it is already said.

When I start up the game, and go straight to killer, I have the infinite loading screen.

When I start up the game, play a round of survivor and then switch to killer, I don't have the infinite loading screens and my match will start.

On survivor I don't have the infinite loading screen.

People used different offerings and on different maps. Items didn't matter too. Crossplay also not.

Maybe the survivors also get the infinite loading screen when the killer is playing his first match of the day (going straight to killer when starting), but that's a theory.

@MandyTalk

• Cubed_Sphere
    Cubed_Sphere Member Posts: 10
    Options

Yea for me it’s when ever I have someone cross platform in my lobby it’s weird

• entitysbreakfast
    Options

5 matches in a row as killer and couldn't load into a single one. 3 as Deathslinger, 1 as Blight and 1 as Pig No clue why. But I'm beyond frustrated to say the least.

• Knotty1985
    Knotty1985 Member Posts: 66
    Options

Happens during random player matchmaking with crossplay enabled on PC and PS4, happening more and more.

Happens while waiting for the match to load in (during player sync)

• Mitsui
    Mitsui Member Posts: 74
    Options

It has happened to me both alone and in a group and I always play cross platform, I have waited at least 5-7 minutes until I get a message of game canceled with the error code 500

• Revzi100
    Revzi100 Member Posts: 529
    Options

loading into a match, I had to switch the game off then back on again, also the tome challenges keep coming up saying I haven't selected any when I have twice (repair tangled generators and 4 skill check challenge) so I have done these twice each before I had finished them.

• EveryDayMax
    EveryDayMax Member Posts: 2
    Options

I'm playing on PS4 and everytime I played as Killer, I got an infinite loadingscreen.

I have crossplay enabled.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786
    Options

Cross platform on, and it happenes when I was playing solo and when I was with a teammate both of us are on console (ps5) all times when I was loading into a game

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 426
    edited October 2021
    Options

There is no bug - Infinite loading screen isn't present!

All you're guys describing is an issue, but completely different!

Whenever the game takes so long to load-in, it does mean, some impatient player has used task manager to end the Dead by Daylight; Because the game client, or game itself, does take forever to acknowledge that, you, along with all the other players in the lobby, who haven't, yet, used the task manager, are going to wait for additional X seconds (it can be minutes, it can be just five seconds), until the game acknowledges that.

However, because people are so impatient, whenever does it, the others follow; And, so the waiting time is only to be prolonged for the rest of the players in the lobby (who're still seeing the game's loading screen, by the way).

If you weren't so impatient and didn't close the game via task manager everytime it doesn't load within ~1 second, this issue wouldn't even begun to exist! You've brought this upon yourselves, and upon the other innocent people, just because you're impatient.

That's quite selfish, isn't it?

As for the few videos people have posted here, I've copied their URL addresses, and will share them here again;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgmhqWXpQHE

Do note, this isn't how the infinite loading screen bug look like, right?

I mean, the infinite loading screen bug was causing players' game to freeze, while, as we can see in both of those videos, the game is still running and isn't frozen!

Like I've said, it's taking forever to acknowledge those disconnections via task manager(s).

So, people; Just don't shut down the game through task manager! The argument of not having all day is fair and all, but by doing the same, you're only prolonging the waiting time for the rest of the players in the loading screen...

However, if the game crashes to somebody (overheating GPU, CPU, etc..), then that's just a bad luck - This does happen from time to time, especially to the PS4, Xbox, and Microsoft Store users (players with Globe).

In such cases, there's nothing you can do, but to deal with it and move on ASAP, so you won't dwell on the past and bother yourself about it.

• YuisPinkBob
    YuisPinkBob Member Posts: 353
    Options

Happened every other match when I was playing survivor and loading into a match. Cross play was on and I was playing SWF.

Once I switched to killer, I did not encounter the problem (cross play was still on).

• AlyveYve
    AlyveYve Member Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm having this problem too, and it usually happens when I'm playing with a friend, in a group.

• Flolol
    Flolol Member Posts: 4
    Options

Playing on steam plattform

I play solo queue survivor, endless loading screens when loading into the match (lobby already done) happen a lot since yesterday

Crossplay is on and usually there are console players in my lobby but from what i notice so far, its mostly the killer

with the disconnect icon and the killer is from PC most of the times.

• centipede
    centipede Member Posts: 3
    Options

Ps4

Cross play enabled

When loading into match itself as any killer

Managed 2 matches without hitting infinite loading screen since latest chapter was released. Tried about 10 matches in total and given up. No patern that I can see relating to items/offerings used. All offerings consumed as have to shut down game

• Zzgaz12zZ4
    Zzgaz12zZ4 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2021
    Options

I'm currently getting the same thing loading screens going into games is taking forever. been doing it since the update came out hope it gets fixed soon. I've even taken crossplay of and I'm still getting the same thing.

• Maurfriend
    Maurfriend Member Posts: 1
    Options

This happend to me 3 times when I was playing as killer last night, I just press ready, it founded a match really quickly but after showing the offerings the hallowing loading screen comes up and it stays there forever, I exit the game and found another match but exacly the same happend, and again the same a third time.

Specifications:

Plataform: XBOX

Crossplay enabled

(as an extra yesterday I was playing survivor too and it load in pretty quickly with no problem)

• Grandkurama
    Grandkurama Member Posts: 314
    Options

On ps4, crossplay active, public match with killer

• Senpavo
    Senpavo Member Posts: 105
    Options

Happened to me a few times before I read this.

On PC. Cross Play is on. Playing with Mikaela. Solo match.

• aqualatte
    aqualatte Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2021
    Options

Currently experiencing one. Have logged into a solo survivor game, cross platform off, matched in a lobby. The when loading into the match the loading screen is just infinite for quite a few minutes now. I tried cross platform on the game before last and that one was also infinite. It only happens when loading into a match not when loading into a lobby. It happens whether cross platform is on or off. I'm on pc -steam. Then I have to end task to get off the infinite screen. And I lose all my offerings as a result. I dontnplay killer so I don't know about the screen for killers.

Edit: after waiting the loading screen out and not ending the task. The game crashed. See picture attached for crash report.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

now I'm wondering if crossplay is causing this because everyone in this thread has it on??

• aqualatte
    aqualatte Member Posts: 3
    Options

No I have had crossplay on and off got the screen both times

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options
  • Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,505
    Options

were you in a lobby with everyone on your own platform when you didn't have the infinite load?

This discussion has been closed.