The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Will Jason Voorhees and Ghostface one day come on DBD?

Because DBD will have there own Slashstreets boys in the game ^^

Best Answer

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    Answer ✓

Okay, I’m going to be completely honest. Neither of those two are going to get a spot on the roster, and there’s a few reasons. For starters, rights to those killers and most likely survivors they come out with is a lengthly, expensive process. Choosing a survivor would result in small changes to their design, to which they have to submit, until it befits the expectations. We all saw how it went with FT13, let’s not repeat that.

Answers

• Brawler
    Brawler Member Posts: 333
    We are still waiting..
  • chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355

We wish!
    Btw, nice nickname. I see you are a man of culture as well.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I don't think either of them would fit in DBD

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

I wouldn't argue much if I thought Jason would bring anything to the table. What power/ability would he have that no one else already emulates?

I feel like Ghostface might have potential, but I don't know what.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

@TheSlashstreetBoys said:
    If Ghostface comes in the game then the suvivor will be sure Sidney Prescott. About Jason survivor i dont know sure.

Tiffany Cox from the FT13th game, I'd hope.

But they'd probably get Tommy Jarvis, or someone else who's been in multiple movies.

• chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355

I wouldn't argue much if I thought Jason would bring anything to the table. What power/ability would he have that no one else already emulates?

I feel like Ghostface might have potential, but I don't know what.

I would like to see a perk in which he can break pallets like spirit fury but lasting longer, like 2 or 3 in a row during a limited time of 30segs? Or maybe increased movement speed for a while. 

What about a perk called Mom's calling in which is like whispers but it shows you the aura of your obsession during 2/3segs in a range of 12/18m? 

Not sure but I would like to have a build that breaks the meta of infinite looping. An hybrid of Billy and Trapper I guess. 
  • MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Ghostface? Maybe. Jason? No, nor do I want him too since he already has his own game.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited November 2018

@Rebel_Raven said:

@TheSlashstreetBoys said:
    If Ghostface comes in the game then the suvivor will be sure Sidney Prescott. About Jason survivor i dont know sure.

Tiffany Cox from the FT13th game, I'd hope.

But they'd probably get Tommy Jarvis, or someone else who's been in multiple movies.

Itd definitely be tommy. Also, they COULD do it, as they don’t need details from the first movie... though jason’s bio would be pretty ass in that case

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Akin to how Leatherface is to Billy, Jason might be something to Trapper.
    I personally never was much for Ghostface, always seemed like a silly joke murderer to me.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    edited November 2018

We got Hillbilly before Leatherface.
    We got Trapper, who is a Jason rip off and we all know it, so why shouldn't there be a chance for Jason?
    Just because he is "in another game (of his own)"?
    That never stopped someone in the gaming industry to get a profit somewhere else.
    It's not like the other game would stop existing, just because Jason shows up in another game.
    That's all part of license agreements.
    If they want to and get a financial agreement, it will happen.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Wolf74 said:
    We got Trapper, who is a Jason rip off and we all know it, so why shouldn't there be a chance for Jason?
    That never stopped someone in the gaming industry to get a profit somewhere else.
    It's not like the other game would stop existing, just because Jason shows up in another game.

Bevause horror inc is greedy as hell, AND on top of that, there’s a legal battle for the rights to f13 right now.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

@Wolf74 said:

There isn’t really any purpose for Jason in this game. He wouldn’t have a unique ability as it would simply be a mix between Trapper and Myers. He would possibly be able to set traps and have a stalk ability that gives survivors an exposed effect. He would maybe be able to eliminate survivors similar to Myers. That is the ONLY abilities I can think of for him. It would be redundant, what is the purpose when it would be so similar to Trapper and Myers?

Not to mention that there is a huge legal battle going on between two greedy old guys with legal rights on F13. That is one reason why the F13 Game had plummented so far because of no new content. It’s not worth the hassle of bringing in Jason especially when he brings nothing new into the game.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

I know there are legal issues.
    Greed is greed… nothing money can't fix.^^
    it's not like Dbd has to be desperate about getting Jason, so this is something for the future and not any time soon.
    But it is not "impossible". ;)

• Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392
    The only thing I would want from Ghostface is his hilarious falls and flips whenever he screws up an attack or gets bonker by a pallet. 

On in a more serious note, he’d play much like the pig due to a stealth mechanic since he has a habit of vanishing and reappearing quietly. He wouldn’t bring too much more to the table. I could be wrong though. 

Jason?  Machete... trapper, mask.... trapper, bear traps... trapper. Jason essentially is the trapper in every aspect. Unless you can put people in sleeping bags and slam them against a tree. I would be all for that. 
  • FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965

Two problems with jason. Got to wait for appeal process to be done on f13 licenses. F13 game fans and dbd fans sometimes enjoy throwing crap at each other. Some cringy what is better nonsense the likes of what cod and battlfefield have. We do need a crossover to bring them together.

Ghostface mask license owner said working on it to dbd fan. Have good feeling will get ghostface eventually. Only if other side helps out with giving movie license of killer. I say if hear nothing at end of next year. Probally nothing will come of it.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Its always nice to dream

But they would suck to play in this game. No ability not interesting marketing wise and design wise, for gameplay and money for these licenses.

Still nice to fantasize. The only one I could see fit in DbD its a giant dude with a odd bottle in his hands that spread around a weird white grain, that look like sand and blind survivors. I would name it the saltyman
  • Zypher84
    Zypher84 Member Posts: 8

Jason's Mori put victim in a sleeping bad and swing him/her in wall's, Three's and the ground. :D would be awesome

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    Jason could play very differently than trapper.

He could have a stalking mechanic like myers, but when his meter is filled, he instantly teleports in FRONT of the survivor.

Just like in his movies, he stand s there staring and right as the survivor rounds the corner....BAM, there he is.

I believe it would be difficult to master and good survivors would learn to counter (perhaps his movement while stalking slows disproportionately to how full his meter is, coming to a complete stop right before the teleport...and maybe the meter slowly degraded when he is done stalking).

Anyway, I think these devs could make him fun and unique.