Make BBQ&Chili and WGLF bloodpoint bonuses inherent effects without the perks

There is no reason to tie a unique blood point bonus to a perk that people have to unlock and equip, especially when the game is so grindy as it is. The worst part is having to unlock them on a killer or survivor you want to use first before you play them if you don't want your blood point gains to be so poor, and there's a lot of RNG involved in just getting them to show up in the bloodweb, especially 3 times. Every player by default should be highly encouraged to rescue other survivors, or to hook all survivors at least once, it makes no sense to tie the bonus to the perks. It also cuts down on build variation as you really only have 3 perk slots to work with if you still have a lot of stuff you want to unlock. This giving veteran players with hundreds of hours into the game who already have everything, and already have a big advantage in their experience and available perks/add-ons, even more of an advantage in their freedom to change out the perks without any real loss.

Even from a financial perspective it doesn't make sense. WGLF doesn't require a DLC, and BBQ&chili is from a 5 year old DLC that most people already have at this point. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here looking at a bunch of killers/survivors I might otherwise buy, but I'm just not going to because it's not only another grind for perks, but it's going to be even slower grind if I try to play that killer/survivor without getting BBQ&chili/WGLF on them first. Nobody benefits from this arrangement.

Comments

• snek
    snek Member Posts: 180

of course it makes sense from a financial perspective - more money for devs

but yes, current grind is ridiculous, i've heard even goddamn mobile version of dbd is less grindy LMAO

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 1,055
    edited October 2021

Man, 7 pages of survivors perks, they need to reduce the grind

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702
  • Millor
    Millor Member Posts: 17

At this point, the only extra money they're making out of this arrangement is from new players, for a single DLC, and only for people really interested in killer. 4/5 people in every game are survivors, so there's less draw for BBQ&chili than there is for WGLF, which is free. What they're losing out on, is a lot off people not buying a lot of DLC's, because there's so much stuff to grind as it is, and it'll take a long time to get the perks they want on the characters they want them on. The grind is bad enough without this extra RNG barrier on trying to get WGLF or BBQ&chili to show up on a character you want to play.