'Allow SWF' option

Hi,

There have been endless discussions on the topic of SWF teams. They make the game a nightmare for 80% of the killer player base, survivors can't be buffed without it being abused by SWF, and all that stuff.

So that brought me to an idea. Like the 'Enable Crossplay' option, there could be the option to allow SWF in your match or not.

As a killer you should have the option to uncheck the 'Allow SWF' option. This way the matchmaking process will let you face people who're only playing Solo/Duo queue. This is a great option for new killers, casual killers, and people are trying out a newly bought killer. The game should be a lot fairer this way as both sides have their handicap; less experience (killer) - less communication (survivors)

The killer could also check the 'Allow SWF' option. This will allow the matchmaking process to include both Solo queue players and 3+ player parties. This option is for more experienced killers; killers who are confident with their main killer, someone who wants to challenge themselves or improve their gameplay.

I understand that this will make the SWF team's 'Finding a match' time longer than it is currently. But it would solve a lot of problems. This way, as a killer, you can at least prepare yourself for what you're about to face. And not realize it after 2 gens fly by before you find your first chase. And on the other side, the SWF team at least knows they face a confident killer, so they don't have to hold back and play at their best.

Personally, I believe this will help the state of the game a lot. Devs won't have to be as careful with buffing a survivor in fear of broken SWF strategies. It will also make the game less of a bully-fest for the survivors.

Let me know if I missed anything or if you'd tweak my suggestion.

- J.

Comments

• H1GHLVND3R
    H1GHLVND3R Member Posts: 138

Sadly devs dont care about sfw, cheat and swf with cheats so.... There wont be that option and never will be solo queues. Best option is avoid swfs, just leave the lobby.

• Kumakx
    Kumakx Member Posts: 262

swf will never find match or get longer queues -> players are getting punished for playing with friends. and BHVR said they will never do that. Case closed.

This is a great option for new killers, casual killers, and people are trying out a newly bought killer.

But lets be real, would be used the most by sweatiest killers all the time. Casual killers play for fun and dont care about getting 4k every game. So no, it would not solve anything.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

😂😂😂

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,065

The problem is that virtually nobody would play with the 'allow SWF' button checked. "Do you want an easy match or a hard one?" It takes a certain type of person to pick the hard one, and that means that if you just want to play with your buddies, you're four times out of five going to be facing an uber sweatlord geared up to go to war. SWFs have the potential to be much, much stronger than solos, but there's still plenty of SWFs who play like solos because they're just a friend group on voice chat and comms doesn't inherently make them good at the game - but when the killer is expecting SWFs (and because of the sheer backlog, anyone who has 'allow SWF' ticked on will get 100% SWF parties, the queue can't afford to give them solos), they have to prepare for the worst, and they will, and every game will be Ruin Undying Tinkerer Blight and Infectious 3-blink Nurse and Mother-Daughter Spirit.

Plus you'd inevitably get trolls who hit 'allow SWF' so they can facecamp or bleed out everyone or just stand in a corner as Wraith and refuse to play the game as a form of protest against SWFs. They're resented enough; you can't tell me that wouldn't happen. On the flipside, they'd potentially also get a high number of farming killers because SWFs are much easier to communicate with. But all of this boils down to not being able to play the game 'normally.'

BHVR's never going to do anything like this because the game would turn borderline unplayable for SWFs overnight.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

SWF is not going anywhere. If you have a problem with it , find a different game.

NOT to mention, without SWF, what do you think would happen to kill rates?

That's right, they would rise, and actually lead to killer nerfs.

No, let the swfs play and raise their MMR and play the sweaty ass killers.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,313

The devs have made it abundantly clear that anything that splits the playerbase or might increase queue times is a no go, unless it's an unavoidable side effect of a bigger system like SBMM. They removed the ability to see the ranks of other people in the lobby for example.

The only path with a non-zero probability of even being considered is the often mentioned "buff base/solo survivor and balance the game/killers around it". No, I don't know the perfect way to do this either (because no perfect way exists, most likely), but all other ways will quite simply never ever happen. Maybe showing SWF after the match is over, but I wouldn't even be surprised if that got reverted because some clowns ruin it for everyone by taking the presence of SWF as justification to be toxic in chat or making cringy "dodge lists" manually.

• YukiShiori21
    YukiShiori21 Member Posts: 46

Problem with the SWF and the MMR is that high MMR killers are less than survivors, so the system will find them a not that good killer.

Also, with high and low MMR survivors in the same group means the average MMR will be less, so the system will also give them a not that good killer. In this scenario, killer has to deals with them weaker one(s) to get a not bad experience. The result is clear to be camping or tunneling. I don't think that is a good ideal but sadly that is the current state of the game.