Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Chat filtering out the word "kill".

The chat filter that no one really asked for is still impeding discussion in post-game chat.

It filters out variations of the word "kill", like "killed" or "killing" or even "killer".

Fixing it is pretty easy. Just gotta get rid of the chat filter.

3 votes

Not a bug · Last Updated

Comments

• Fukse
    Fukse Member Posts: 106

Good luck with that, they can't even implement an option to turn it off. In an 18+ game untoggable chat filter my dude, that's a disrespect to the players and a half

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003

It was filtering out "youtube" for me yesterday...

• lavars
    lavars Member Posts: 312

Just now it censored the letters "wp" i jsut typed "GG WP" and it said "GG ##"

The other day I had the word "Phone" censored. It is super random and no one has a definitive answer what is censored and what not.

It seems like there's so much randomess in it that even sometimes characters get censored, I wanted to tell the one person to use something as we weren't in a call and it censored the name... I wish there would be an answer but no one has one

• captain_murphy
    captain_murphy Member Posts: 102

My favorite is when actual perk names are censored. I typed "dead hard" and it was censored to "dead ####". So just hard is inappropriate...

• Zyie
    Zyie Member Posts: 90

The filter truely is horrible, I've had instances where "a" was censored. Like "Hope you have a better match next game!" And it gets censored to "Hope you have # better match next game!". It's honestly makes no sense at all, and very often blocks words, or even single letters, with no logic to it at all. Especially when you can say the same word 5 times in a row (yeah, I've done this just to test it), and it'll block it 2 times and deem it to be fine 3 times. The chat filter needs to just be completely removed until they can implement a basic, functional one, just like every other game with a chat filter. And then ofc give us the option to toggle the filter off if we want to, as others have mentioned, this is an 18+ game.

If you can't handle curse words at that age, you really shouldn't be playing a game like dbd either way. And if people abuse it to say racist/sexist ######### in post-game chat, it's honestly better if we can see that, and then just report them so they can get banned for it.

• captain_murphy
    captain_murphy Member Posts: 102

Bump. Please address this.

This discussion has been closed.