Trickster is a Problem

BigKuhfahl
BigKuhfahl Member Posts: 70
edited November 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Trickster needs to be NERFED and a hard one because he is just way too Over Powered in this game and it just seems like everyone and their mother is playing him just because of such of the fact he is Over Powered.

Trickster has 44 blades that he can throw and that's a lot for no reason whatsoever in the DBD Fandom page it even says 6 hits put you from a Healthy state to an Injured state and another 6 to put you in a dying state that's ridiculous it's like 85% of his Knives hit you anyways regardless of how you bob and weave to not get hit by them.

Ya'll Dev's think that the Buff you gave him was a good idea and it wasn't yea you went from 60 blades to 44 blades and believe me I am not the only person who thinks that either. Now let's talk about his Fire Rate that's also the dumbest thing ever after doing some testing in KYF with perks, without perks, add-ons, without add-ons the man isn't a machine gun my god he is stupid with the Fire Rate. Last but not least the hit indicator you say that it's reduced but it isn't at all damn near 2 blades fill up half of the indicator before it actually shows any drop off to actually make use of 6 blades to injure you or down you.

I have been looking at other people's videos as well who explain why Trickster is OP and Broken as well and I agree on a lot of what they had to say about Trickster in the last few months where they themselves explain why he is Broken just go to YouTube and search it yourself.

Sorry for the Ted Talk Rant but this has just been an issue for a while and I am just done by not voicing my opinion on it

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,916

Even if this is a troll... you do realize his maximum fire rate was decreased right? Also you can go to any loop with tall walls and boom his power takes twice as long to injure you unless he goes for a 4.4 hit. Not to mention the knife decrease was an actual impactful nerf. I cant count the amount of times that ive run out of knives at the worst times despite me using my power optimally.

• Fuzzels
    Fuzzels Member Posts: 449

Uhh. The issue with that is he had to be buffed to even be close to passable. I'm not saying he's perfect as is however he's very delicate in the sense of any more of a buff to his base kit and he becomes oppressive, but less and he becomes useless

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

Trickster is poorly designed. His change made him better at facecamping and worse at general map pressure. It was a seriously awful change. Like most killers, he is heavily map dependent. I saw a Trickster do stupid well on RPD because of the long hallways. Give survivors a loop with any high walls, though, and Trickster is going to have a miserable time. Also, if the killer is playing on console, Trickster is not a ranged-attack killer: he's basically a 110 M1 killer who can slow himself down even more by accidentally tapping the left trigger.

Right now, most people are playing Trickster not because they want to but because of the Tome challenges. If you see a Trickster standing around not doing much of anything, offer to help him out and you can probably get a lot of points (otherwise have fun with your gen repair sim).

• Holkapolka
    Holkapolka Member Posts: 44
    edited November 2021

People that think Trickster op, should delete Dbd. He might be broken designwise but he is not op

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Trickster is badly designed. He just needs a complete rework at this point.

• LeonxJiwoon
    LeonxJiwoon Member Posts: 455
    edited November 2021

Indeed I was on a gen and one stop and just stare at me, how can I resist I let him hook me 2 times and down me a few and this is on the game map which he could barely perform in like many maps after he was hit for 3 gens. I respect and play him myself, trickster players to me tend to not be as toxic as other killers are either. If I lose to a rarely found decent trickster am happy because he still need abit of tune up compared to killers that is just so brain dead and unfun to go against with my 4 top hate being pig/plague/spirit and bubba, once I see those 4 my mood just turns. Every other killer even tunneling leon nemesis who come for me is respected and fun.

• Tricksters_Wife
    Tricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545

Trickster is as balanced right now as he ever was. Still on the weaker side. He's one of the killers that is super strong in the right hands, but otherwise is a weak killer to those who are new to him and don't have much practice with him. As long as you understand his power, he's very easy to loop. And as others said, most people are playing him just because of the tome right now. Before the tome, you would only see Trickster players who played him because they genuinely were good at him and/or liked him.

Also if you think he's broken with his regular add ons you obviously haven't gone up against an iridescent photocard Tricky. Way more powerful than regular Trickster.

Point aside, they just need to make him a 115% killer.

• LeonxJiwoon

I think compared to the other part human characters who behaves like beasts and he was not alter by the entity must be why its really hard for them to think of a way to give him a different power. Look at people like oni/nurse/spirit who are dead and are living corpse so its more easy to put power on them, just my 2 bits though but yeah hope one day he be good, trapper really is decent and I see plenty of em now but did take them awhile to buff. Tricky may come one day.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,523

Jiwoon OP, lol

• LeonxJiwoon

not this survivor please gimmie 10million Ji woons vs more op killers anyday please x3, I wouldnt mind one whole day of just jiwoon x3

• LeonxJiwoon

YES i want him 115ms!!!!!!!!!! really I think that would help tons but some people thinks it be and unbalanced sigh he needs it, why should people like pp head who has a move that can hit multi survivors and through walls be any dif or neme with zombies to help with his whip that is instant pallet break and fast vault/pallet punishes and they get 115 ms? lord.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267
    edited November 2021

I mean, if I remember correctly when the latest kill-stats were revealed it showed trickster had the second lowest kill rate. I think it was 47%, or something like that. But anyhow I don't think he is "OP" as some have claimed. Now is he annoying in certain scenarios... Yes he is annoying to face in certain maps. But I don't think he is this overpowered unfair machine that gets 4 sacrifices each round. If anything the kill-rate shows he gets an average of 0 sacrifices in 53% of the matches.

• Tricksters_Wife
    Tricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545

I agree 100%. I don't understand why someone with a ton of mobility such as Freddy, Blight, or Wraith can be 115%, or Cannibal can be 115% and can insta down you at that same movement speed. They should still have him slow down when he's using his knives, but 115% when using his knives isn't a viable method because he has no form of mobility to cause it to be OP.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

This entire tome and rift is Trickster focused so you're gonna see him a lot. He's not the easiest to get away from if he's using his knives effectively nor should he be. With the way his power is designed in his current state he's not really broken and far from being op. Also the gauge looks the way it does because if it is 6 knives to drop a health state then that means 2 knives is a third of that gauge. The hit indicator isn't what got reduced it is the amount of hits required to drop a health state that got reduced. It takes six knives no matter what the indicator looks like. Also it takes 15s base for the laceration to decrease completely, but that decay is slowed down if you're running so to get it down as quick as possible you need to actively escape him in a chase rather than draw the chase out.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,869

Trickster may be incredibly annoying to face but him being “overpowered” is not anywhere close to the reason.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

He sucks tho? And his most recent changes nerfed him so I don't know why you want to nerf him any further