Kicking gen needs 3s but tapping gen 0s

Options
gelukrait
gelukrait Member Posts: 172
edited November 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

How an unfair mechanic stayed for 5 years but no solution for it? It's pointless for kicking the gen unless you use pop. Especially it's a 1vs4 game, why does the side of 4 ppl have more advantage than the side of 1?

Why don't devs add 3s de-reggression for survivor as killer's kicking animation? If they don't repair enough 3s, then the gens keep regressing otherwise they do another full 3s repairing.

And hold on, it's 1vs4, it's should be 12s de-reggression instead of 3s.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• lordfart
    lordfart Member Posts: 538
    Options

You want it to take 12 seconds for a gen to start repairing? o.O

• TheDuhJ
    TheDuhJ Member Posts: 475
    Options

Healing takes 8 seconds, but slapping someones back takes 1. Your move

• The_BiggCheeze
    The_BiggCheeze Member Posts: 458
    Options

I think it should take away a percentage instead of just regressing where the survivors left it. Something like 2-5 percent. It's not much but it's at least something to make it lose progress, especially against tappers since they actually lose progress when you come back to kick it again. It'd help alleviate some of the "This isn't doing a damn thing"

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    edited November 2021
    Options

kicking a gen takes 2 seconds not 3. still u are right, imo tho the 2 seconds are fine but getting rid of like some porcentage would be fine cause at least would balance out the time you waste kicking the gen and the amount of progress survivors can get with the tapping to deny it so they need to stay there the same amount of tiem, 2 seconds to cover up the time.

summary if it takes 2 seconds to kick the gen, survivors should take 2 seconds to deny the kick from the killer so at least is even but imo should be a little bit more for the killer, survivors should go and stay on the gen for 3 seconds or so to recover the progress.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,741
    Options

Survivors shouldn't be allowed to tap a generator if they're in chase or change it so that, if they do, they get an overcharge like skill check.

• Incarnate
    Incarnate Member Posts: 677
    Options

Because the devs, time and time again have proved they don't understand their game properly, and proved they don't understand how properly balance their game as a result. Same with the game's inherent design flaws, which causes other problems as well.

I agree, it's should take at least the same amount of time to stop a generator for degressing, if not actually more, because the killer is actually losing a lot from having to commit to kicking a gen, like for instance losing bloodlust or losing sight of survivors being chased.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    Options

Dragons grip.

• AnObserver
    AnObserver Member Posts: 747
    Options

At the very least a skill-check for a regressing Generator would be nice (if not unnoticeable by most people that are not playing Survivor)

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814
    Options

They put in the perk "Overcharge" specifically to help counter the 'tap a gen' strategy. Except, if a survivor taps the gen and releases immediately, it cancels the hard check instead of counting it as an auto failure (and thus regressing 5%).

If they would just FIX this perk to work as intended, you'd have a response to the tapping issue.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Options

The devs know far too well what happens in their game.

• nostrada96ass
    nostrada96ass Member Posts: 257
    Options

especially how many times they buffed and nerfed wraith again and its all about bellspint

they can't even guess which duration of bellprint is right and still adjusting spirit and gunslinger

from that perspective surprisingly done good with nurse nerf but

very recent patch was buff of blight so theres no standard

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814
    Options

Counter-point: The Nemesis daily ritual required you play a minimum of 4 games and remained unchanged for something like a month after he came out.

• Incarnate
    Options

Yes, exactly, it's they're just trying to fix it through trial and error - which also supports my arguments above.

Yep, there is no standard, which there would be if they actually were understanding their game well enough.

But just look at perk system which is an element of the base design of the game, it's inherently flawed.

Why is it flawed? It's flawed due to several things, but for starters, that perk slots are put behind level caps, and you can only level through getting blood points, which can only really gotten from playing (aside from free ones given at certain times), which means you'll be playing against another player or players, which are likely to have more and better perks than you. Not only that, there are 4 survivors, where each can bring up to 4 at tier level 3 - each, mathematically, if at maximum they're bringing 12 levels worth of perks, where the killer can only bring 12 levels of perks. The perk tiers sort of represent a level of power to affect the match

So mathematically, the killer can NEVER be at the same total perk level as the survivors, and yet the killer supposed to be superior to the survivors, so really only if the killers power can offset the this tier level gap are they balanced with respects to each other - which I don't they are. But it doesn't stop here, because survivors can also bring items into the match including two add-ons, which also should be considered with tier levels, they're basically getting things that can tilt balance even further in their favor. This is further aggravated if the tier level gap is bigger.

That break down, I've actually brought to the devs early on in the game's life (not that long after release) and community before, and yet they have not make tweaks to this very system's base design. This is so true with many other game design flaws and balance issues, they still persist to this day but have been there since it's release.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options
  • EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Im not surprised its still this way. Took them 4 years to balance ds. If the game is still going another 4 years from now we might get a patch

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
  • ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801
    Options
  • ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

I agree with 3s but those 12s is too much for a default kick lol

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,570
    Options

Alternatively, there was a bug with Legion that existed from December of 2019 until maybe September of 2020 and went completely undetected because people just thought it was a feature.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

*adjusts my nerd glasses and puts my pocket protector in* Actually it takes a exactly 3.453 seconds to fully kick a generator, please when making a joke response make sure you have all facts correct.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567
    Options
  • AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,003
    Options

slapping gives them a speedboost that lets them get away and extend chase more than 20 seconds. Your move.

• Stryker
    Stryker Member Posts: 220
    Options

skill check are ajoke, there should be some kind of "repairing the damage" animation that starts after the killer kicks the gen in order to continue the main "repairing" of the gen.

i need to waste 3 seocnds to kick a gen? you should also waste some time for repairing the gen after i kick it.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

I agree that there should be a small delay before regression is gone.

Simular to how you don't progress for a couple of seconds after missing a skillcheck.

12 seconds is stupid though. The whole "every killer second is worth 4 survivor seconds" is flawed beyond believe.

If that's ever the case beyond the first 10-20 seconds of the match you are doing something terribly wrong.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    Options

Even ignoring the fact that you need to chase someone through pallets to get a hit, you also have a hit cooldown, so it isn't even 1 second if they stand completely still.

• Incarnate
    Options

Completely agree with this.

I think it's a very simple and easy fix and should have done this a long time ago, not hard at all.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    Options

Moral of the story, don't kick a gen when you know a survivors nearby.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I agree, it’s silly that a survivor can literally instantly stop regression with just a tap during a chase. A 2 second timer before they stop regression seems perfectly reasonable. It’s short enough that outside of a chase the delay is negligible, and during chase it’s possible but risky to try it.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    edited November 2021
    Options

@Adjatha @Incarnate

Maybe i didn't make my point clear enough.

The devs know what happens in their game. They know that killers are at an inherent disadvantage. Still, they're not going to make the game fair for them, because, if they ever did, your average survivor, who can't tell a generator from a pallet (and can't even handle a Legion, let alone killers like Hag or Blight) but sure as ######### drops tons of cash on microtransactions, would ditch the game.

Post edited by Acromio on
  • ObscurityDragon
    ObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710
    Options

Your way of thoughts is just like the devs...

Needing perks to balance everything

Why?

Why not just buff the kick and nerf the tap so the kick deals like 5% of the current gen progress down and the tapping needs à 2 sec work or à double easy skillcheck to restart the gens

Dont be scared to change things

• tesla
    tesla Member Posts: 446
    Options

yeah so risk to tap a gen when the killer is breaking a pallet...

• tesla
    tesla Member Posts: 446
    Options

they could actually buff the kick and keep the tap, so if they tap they risk losing 3% more or so, but if the killer kicks it, they are giving time to survivor running away.

• YukiShiori21
    YukiShiori21 Member Posts: 46
    Options

Please don't mention this ridiculous perk with a 80 second cd

Too situational to be a valid perk.

Other gens related perks as well, too little affect or too long cd. Except for pop, it works just fine.

• YukiShiori21
    YukiShiori21 Member Posts: 46
    Options

slapping someone takes 1?

Are you seriously stand still and get hit without some or a little chase to try saving your ass?

• Incarnate
    Options

Sure, there are some of the devs that definitely knows whats going on with the game and understands the game well enough, unfortunately those people who do and who care about it, are in no position to act on it, and those who are in that position most likely don't know enough about the game and/or don't care about it either, as they care more about making money for the studio. However with that being said, there are so many issues with the game, that I think they're not good enough to fix these issues, and even some of these issues have extremely simple solutions, and yet they've still not fixed it and they keep introducing new issues as well.

So basically what you're in a way saying, is that we who play killers need unite and boycut BHVR/DBD at the same time for a prolonged period of time - to put it simply, we should not be playing killer for a while, because without killers, there is no game.

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858
    edited November 2021
    Options
  • zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 898
    edited November 2021
    Options

The devs have gone on record multiple times saying they are not looking to increase generator repair time. Which is good.

But I do agree that there should be some "quality of life" improvements surrounding the generator mechanics. And particularly the regression mechanics because kicking a generator vanilla (without perks that apply to it) is only awfully rarely worthwhile. For one thing, I think base generator regression should be .5 charges per second, like Ruin. Having to spend a second repairing a gen before its regression is actually stopped is also a sensible change, but not more than that (perks could however in the future interact with this, increasing said time).

Another neat QOL improvement would be to look at gen interaction "authority": when a survivor is actively repairing a gen, it is impossible for a killer to kick said gen, and this can lead to scenarios where a survivor is preventing the killer from being able to kick an almost-finished gen by tapping it, letting go whenever the killer tries to grab them off of it. The killer should have the authority to interrupt the repair interaction with the break interaction. (This same authority should also apply to picking up or killing survivors in the dying state that are being healed, for that matter - the killer should be able to pick them up, interrupting the heal.)

For a more major change, I've always thought removing the spotlights from generators and randomizing their spawns more would be a good thing, as that way survivors consistently spend more time searching for them. But I assume BHVR is not too keen on doing that given how bad it would be for newer players.

• Maliken
    Maliken Member Posts: 166
    Options

Kicking a gen should just instantly regress 5% progress.

• TheDuhJ
    TheDuhJ Member Posts: 475
    Options

If this happened survelince would be the most A tier perk in the game

• Spittoon_
    Spittoon_ Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2021
    Options

shouldn't have to waste an entire perk slot to counter someone tapping a button