Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Survivors need more physical resources in a match

SmarulKusia
SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819
edited November 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

The last four killers that have been released, have all had a focus on anti-looping and range. The two killers before Twins also have anti-looping and range.

But with each release, the powers are tweaked a little, to give some glitz and glam, but it's copy and paste.

Playing against most of these killers is either frustrating, annoying, or feels disconnected from what DBD is meant to feel like considering that these killers can ignore or overlook what survivors have traditionally as their protection (aka pallets/windows/vaults).

Survivors need some active and in-game counterplay, and no, Boons are not the answer on making the game feel more interactive.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• Viamont
    Viamont Member Posts: 304

And still many maps are hated and loated with a passion, treads about super safe zones and pallets still pop out continiously wich in turn create "killers are sluging/facecamping/tunneling to much do something", just go to youtube and look for a few minutes, even today theres plenty of evidence on how easy its for survivors to loop most killers unless those are exactly the antilopers or speed rushers (spirit, nurse, blight). Walls are hit and miss, some actually hurt the killers if they break them as they give survivors easier ways to escape while others are actually a help to them.

Sorry to break your bubble but many M1 killers are being guted thanks to dumb nerfs from the devs, wraith rings any bells?, some of those thoug are plain out weak because the way they where designed or their addons are simply bad in many cases.

Did i ever said they loop me to dead?, not really. I play pyramid head the most, so i dont get looped as much thanks to the fact hes an anti looper, that still doesnt take away the fact that with courent tools killers can easily be looped by midly competent survivors.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

If bhvr adds a spiky blue turtle shell, im not coming back lol

• SmarulKusia

What's it to do with me that M1 killers are being gutted by BHVR? that's a BHVR issue lol, and i never stated the M1 killers were powerful, so i have no idea why you even went there lmao

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Maybe a perk that prevents special abilities from going through walls and windows. Because that's really most of the problem with the hold "w" meta. It's better to run in a straight line from certain killers. You have Nemesis, Pyramid Head, Nurse, Cenobite and the New Killer where they completely ignore loops.

• SmarulKusia

RPD is literally hated by both sides, and strongly favours said killers though because most of the 'vaults' and 'loops' are tiny and you're mostly running through a tight corridor if you're forced to not loop the killer.

Crows' Nest is also awful in terms of loops, and parts of the map being literal deadzones.

• SmarulKusia

I'm not exactly sure as to what would be the right direction with these killers, to be honest, i'm just scared that they keep adding more of them.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

I disagree survivors have enough safety if anything survivors need to learn to utilize their resources instead of braindead dropping every pallet they come to, nothing irks me more when I'm playing survivor than a teammate who just stands in every pallet and drops it as soon as the killer comes. Windows need to be utilized more, there are window loops that are crazy strong if you run them correctly

• emodeshort
    emodeshort Member Posts: 180

big maps can't have insanely good loops, haddonfield is the perfect example of why

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

You really think they would make a perk that wouldn't let some of the cast use their powers?

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

I would like more resources just so the game feels more interactive. At that point they can balance pallets if they want.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Okay, let's go step by step here.

• The kill-rates of those 'new' killers is mostly fine. Evidently people don't have all that much trouble dealing with them. You can't expect to play the exact same versus every killer.
    • Map size isn't an issue in-and-of itself. Ormond is pretty fine. The problem is that there are still potential pseudo-infinites (the 'office' in RPD, the basement house in Haddonfield, some parts of Badham), jungle gyms, free gens etc.
    • Can't speak to the new map, but after RPD I'm glad to see a map that isn't disgusting to play most killers on. RPD is a nightmare for M1 killers, Badham remains a rough job, Haddonfield can be extremely oppressive, Mother's Dwelling has potential for multiple TL jungle gyms in close proximity...honestly, the game could do with a bit more even handed maps.
    • In this case, semantics do matter because you are being disingenuous. Saying 'Pinhead is a ranged killer' is simply not accurate - outside of Engineer's Fang (which everyone and their dog knows is a problem addon right now). Saying 'Pinhead is an anti-loop killer' is also not accurate - he's only an anti-loop killer on very specific tiles.
    • Huntress, Trickster and Slinger are 'ranged' killers.
    • Nemesis, PH and to a lesser extent Hag and Nurse are anti-loop killers.
  • Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
    edited November 2021

Well, as a developer, you kind of paint yourself into a corner when you create Killers who have powers where the best thing you can do against them is run in a straight line. There's no interactivity at all between those killers and players. It's boring game play.

Post edited by Munqaxus on
  • Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

No, survivors don't need a buff just because of strong killers.

• SmarulKusia

Thank you.

I'm convinced that this place is filtered with killer biased players because i'm seeing everyone justify all these killers and their existence, not to mention the previous nerfs to the existing resources that survivors have had - whilst also using M1 killers as an excuse for why survivors shouldn't get something in compensation (without seemingly understanding that all these direct nerfs to survivors have screwed said killers)

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

I agree, there is nothing fun in playing in that if you are spotted you are going down because of no way to defend yourself. If the game is changing so killers have so many ranged abilities and such, then survivors need something other than pallets to defend against it.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

well yeah there's windows, and a certain perk which can help extend the chase by at least 30 seconds when used correctly.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

A ranged killer just makes up all the distance. They release maps like Dead Dog Saloon with ranged killers.

Survivor is at a huge disadvantage on this map.

• GrayEyes
    GrayEyes Member Posts: 379

Some of yall really need to watch how good players play and it shows

• GrayEyes
    GrayEyes Member Posts: 379

Sluzzy please watch probbz or aayrun run killers on dead dawg I promise you, you will see the error of your ways

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

I agree with the size the maps are Killers should have a base speed increase WHEN NOT IN A CHASE so that they can patrol the large maps easier and not have 1-2 gens pop before you can find and chase your first survivor.

• SmarulKusia

Where have you been when they did map reworks which literally focused on making the maps smaller, blocking loops, adding in breakable walls and closing off certain vaults/windows, lmao????

• Maliken
    Maliken Member Posts: 166

RPD, the latest map they released, is literally one of the largest (if not the largest) map in the game. Then there’s the rework to Gideon Meat Plant where there’s like a pallet every 12 meters, including half a dozen god pallets.

• SmarulKusia

so we are going ignore the large overhaul of reworks they did to other maps? k

• Voodoo101
    Voodoo101 Member Posts: 237

I haven't played long, only a couple of months both killer and survivor. I purposly don't play killer to camp, yes I will proxy camp if the if needed, I will only tunnel as a last resort. If I find somebody I have just unhooked, I will down them but leave them to be saved. May be my downfall, but most games I get 3 or 4k. Some I win, some I only get 1 or 2k.

I can load up my killers any way I want, whether I want to find people, give chase, slow gens or save the kills for the endgame. I can have different builds and change when I see the team. Flashlights, add LightBorn. Toolboxes, Ruin, Pop or any number. Want easy downs at the end NoEd gets run.

When I play survivor I have just a few to pick from. Many survivors I have not even started to level up because I don't need to, as they have no good perks. I cannot see the killer to know who I am going against, I cannot change to suit, I have to wait till we are in game. If I take tools, then I could lose them with Franklins.

Killer players who come on here and start shouting that it is survivor sided, should try playing survivor. Many have not, killer is definitely easier then survivor, more profitable for BP and easier for challenges.

When it comes to maps, this depends on the killer. Indoor maps are easier for killer, big out door maps can be easier for survivor. Loops, well that depends on how good the players are.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

Hate to say it, but Window loops can’t be utilized how they’re supposed to with Killers being able to hit you from 10 ft away after jumping through them.

(10 ft is an obvious exaggeration, of course but in a nutshell, I’m just trying to say Pallets are more useful than windows)

• VikingDragonXii

None of the maps are smaller I dont know where you see maps are smaller all are still busy a large as before. I have yet to see a loop blocked off by the game. Windows yes have been blocked off but none as the semi-inf loops and breakable walls are usually at a spot that if you break it, it makes a semi-inf loop.

Survivors have everything they need to stay alive and you may not like it but it includes......BOONS, Gen Speeds, Un-Altered Items, Meta Perks, SWFs with Coms.....the list goes on. I play Killer mostly because I love the chases and the fun that comes with them but I do dabble with Survivors and have very little experience playing them, but when I do the only time I die is if I get tunneled and Camped or my team leaves me to die on the hook. I can easily loop killers, pallet slam into a long flashlight blind only to repeat the process 4 times maybe 5 depending on my resources at hand. When I do 3-4 gens are done and the killer might get one hook and that's me.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,896

Its almost like... survivors aren't meant to win every chase they have. Plus if you just give survivors more recourses it strays even FURTHER from the horror survival genre and just becomes press w = win. If you really want more resources then you haven't seen the time of double window and pallet jungle gyms or just when every filler tile had a pallet.

• VikingDragonXii

Thank you I didn't think they "shrunk" the maps......

• VikingDragonXii

What reworks there has been no changes to map sizes. Red Forest is still large.....Coldwind is still large.......Gideon is filled with so many pallets and god pallets that survivors would have to be potatoes ro die on it easily.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

Hold w and slam gens, that's already in the game and survivors are already doing it. They are winning games, they don't "need" anything more.

If you just don't like it that's a different convo.

• Feyd
    Feyd Member Posts: 428
  • lordfart
    lordfart Member Posts: 538

That certain perk is unusable on last gen console :'(