MMR System Flawed

Since rank reset, I've noticed that I've been getting a lot of survivors with next to no hours in the game (I have over 3000 hours).

I'm constantly getting 4ks at 5 gens simply because they don't know what to do and spend most of the game hiding.

One game I had 3 people on hook and the last person refused to save until I went to the other end of the map so they didn't hear the terror radius anymore.

Another game I walked around Midwich breaking all the doors because they were all on death hook at 5 gens (they still didn't get a gen done because they would hide whenever they heard the terror radius).

I got the below person in one of my games who has less than 10 hours in the game.

What exactly is this "skill based matchmaking" supposed to be doing?

Comments

• Alec_Morgenstern
    Alec_Morgenstern Member Posts: 20

I understand what it's based on. But you can see I was already Iri 3 after reset, and yet somehow vs'ing people with so few hours in the game.

• Bloodwebs
    Bloodwebs Member Posts: 273

Yeah... I feel like the old ranking system was better.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

A couple possibilities come to mind

• SWF player with a friend
    • One of those players is actually very highly rated and it brought the average skill rating of the group up to the point they could be paired against you. (Can't really tell from the grades either way. A high skill player who's only playing one or two games a night won't have a high rating for instance.)
    • The player had already been in queue a long time and just got put in the next available match. Depending on when the game was if the pool of players was low it could just be a case of "who's around?"
    • Literally brand new players might start with an "average rating", but the average could be quite high relative to their actual skill. Until they've lost a few games they'd be paired against people who stomp them.

• Alec_Morgenstern
    Alec_Morgenstern Member Posts: 20

I thought of those as well and I do know there was one swf that had a high ranking friend (I knew them).

But based on the amount of games I had in a row where it was always the same, there is definitely something not "right" about it.